Convert JPG to J2K in a Trouble-Free Manner Without Any Loss
Plenty of users have images in the JPG format and want to convert JPG to J2K format. This article will be providing all the details about why & how a user can perform the task.
We will also take a look at the queries that users have and how these are resolved.
Even though JPG & J2K are similar formats, there are a few differences between the two. First, we’ll learn about the JPG format.
The JPG format is a raster image format which has quite lossy compression but is a preferred file format. It is used by digital cameras & other devices majorly for photography.
Users change their images from JPG to J2K because of the new features.
JPG has been in use since a long time but J2K was started being used in 2000. It is capable of offering both lossy as well as lossless compression.
In terms of quality, J2K has better compression & the quality & content is, thus, richer than JPG format.
It has the option for decoding with different output resolutions and the process to calculate the bit rate can be performed.
You can segregate the image into smaller parts which can be independently coded.
User Queries Regarding the Process to Convert JPG to J2K
Query 1 – I have been trying to export images with the image-quality being maintained but I haven’t been able to keep it the same. Every time I save the JPG image, it loses its quality. This is why I need to convert it to the JPEG2000(J2K) format. But I am not aware of the methods. I need to do this in bulk, if there is any solution, suggest it here.
Query 2 – I need to resize my JPG images but I’m not able to do that. I need to change the JPG to J2K because I lost a demo image while trying to change its size. I can’t afford to lose any of my important images. If you know any technique or any tool for me to work with, I’d really appreciate it!
Let’s see how these queries are resolved.
What Methods Solve the Above Queries to Convert the Pictures?
Upon searching over the internet, we couldn’t find any solution available for the conversion which could be performed manually.
Hence, we have brought a solution for you which doesn’t require any technical experience to convert JPG to J2K.
This solution doesn’t make any changes to the images and keeps the quality maintained throughout the procedure.
You can use all the features provided by the Image Conversion Tool available for all Windows OS versions.
It doesn’t only provide J2K format, users can also convert image to JP2, PDF, HTML, BMP, PNG, and much more.
Before we move towards learning about the features that this software has to offer, we will learn how it works.
How Does the Tool Change Images from JPG to J2K?
1. Run the software, click Add File(s) or Add Folder(s) option to insert the images you want to convert.
2. Click on the Convert radio button and hit Change. This will prompt you to either Make New Folder or choose a destination from existing ones.
3. Choose the format as JPEG2000(J2K) from the Export Formats list.
4. Select the Resize Image option and fill the Set Width & Set Height fields in pixels.
5. Hit Convert.
Now, let’s check out how the features of this tool work.
Functions Proving Why the Tool to Convert JPG to J2K Format Should Be Chosen
- Those who want to convert their photos in bulk, this software is the best. It provides the option to insert multiple files or folders to perform bulk conversion.
- If the concern is in regards to the image-quality, this tool ensures that it is maintained during the whole method.
- When there is a need to change the size of the images during the conversion, it is possible by changing the width & the height.
- In case you want to preview the images before changing the pictures from JPG to J2K, it can be done.
- For users who might have added the wrong images by mistake, these can be removed one-by-one or all together.
- Also, it is possible to change the order of the images. You can rearrange the files by moving them up or down according to the right order.
- This software is compatible with all the versions of Windows OS including 11 (64-bit), 10, 8.1, 8, & 7 (32 & 64-bit).
Briefing it All
When it comes down to keeping the image quality maintained, J2K format is better than the JPG format due to the lossless compression. Thus, users convert JPG to J2K in order to get that lossless quality even if the images are opened and saved several times.
The technique that we have mentioned here is the only one available which is why we have discussed every detail for the same. Even experts have been suggesting this tool to the end users for a 100% success rate at conversion.