If you also want to convert PST to CSV, you have reached the right page where you will get all the information.
As you know, Outlook stores all the user data in PST file format. There could be a need where users might want to import their Outlook contacts and save them as CSV file.
CSV being the file format that saves the data in the form of a spreadsheet can be opened in various platforms which is why users tend to look for solutions to convert PST to CSV without Outlook.
In case you want to open your Outlook file in Excel, you cannot do so without importing it to CSV file format. Well, there is an option in MS Outlook that can help you with the conversion.
Let’s check it out.
You can do two things in order to get your file converted:
The first method consists of performing the conversion process via MS Outlook. The second solution is an expert-recommended one which we will explain in details later. Stick around to know what it is.
Follow the steps to start the conversion process:
1. Launch MS Outlook on your desktop and select the File tab.
2. Here, click on the Open option and from the list, select Import.
3. Now, choose the Import and Export Wizard.
4. From there, select the Export to a file option and hit Next.
5. Then, choose the Comma Separated Values (Windows) option from the list and press Next.
6. Select the Folder Type to be exported and click on the Next button.
7. After that, hit the Browse button to navigate for the destination location and click Next.
8. At last, hit Finish to complete the process.
These are the steps to convert PST to CSV file. Now there are some limitations that are integrated with this method. Find them below:
The above mentioned limitations may cause you to wonder what to do in such a situation. Well, here we have the best solution to help you avoid all these drawbacks. Find out how.
It is possible to get your contacts converted without wasting a lot of time and energy and keeping the data structure the same. How?
Use this Mac PST Converter Tool which will help you export your Outlook oriented file to CSV without any difficulty. The software is specifically designed to export Outlook files on Mac OS by the best tech experts to perform the migration in batch.
You can convert PST to CSV on Mac OS X 10.8, 10.9, and later versions. The tool has the ability to maintain the folder hierarchy after you have converted the contacts.
Also, there is a Date-Based Filter offered to you in case you want to selectively import your Outlook files. You do not have to worry about how to use this application as it has an easy-to-use interface.
You can easily understand the steps for conversion without having any technical expertise as the tool does all the work for you.
Related Solution: If you want to know how to Copy PST Contacts to iPhone, then this link will help you.
Following are the steps to perform the conversion:
1. Launch the software and run it. Select the Add Files(s) option to choose the file you want to convert.
2. Select the fine, hit Open and click on Next.
3. Choose the CSV Radio Button and mark Maintain Folder Hierarchy option.
4. Click on the Change button to browse for a destination location and click OK.
5. Finish the conversion procedure by pressing Export.
Just a few clicks here and there and you will be able to convert PST to CSV without Outlook easily. Once, you have converted your files, you can find them in the location that you chose.
If you want to convert a folder containing your PST files, you can just click on the Add Folder option and choose the folder and convert it.
You can also save the Export Report after the process finishes. It will have all the data and the details such as the selected path, mail count, destination path, fail count, etc.
It is indeed a difficult task to convert PST to CSV without Outlook file on Mac OS but you need not worry about it as we have the best solutions for it.
The manual method works wonders if you want to import only a few files but in some cases, there may be risk of data loss or damage.
Although, the software as mentioned for conversion, is an amazing choice to perform the task to have a flawless experience. It will maintain the data hierarchy, has a user-friendly interface, and is available with Mac OS X latest versions.