Copy PST Contacts to iPhone Hassle Free Using This 2 Prominent Tricks
Microsoft Outlook has been used very commonly in our business, either on desktop or iOS devices. Often times, user wants to copy PST contacts to iPhone/ iPad due to the mobility and convenience. User have stored their contacts in Outlook account, but still needs to keep their contacts at another platform.
User can centralize the information by migrating contacts from PST to iPhone, also when users are not aware to install the Outlook application for iPhone. It is products use Apple’s iOS mobile operating system software. It is totally different from the android version. So, conversion of PST contacts is little bit tough. We will come up with two effective way to export Outlook contacts to iPhone procedure.
First, go through the following scenario that will help to make you understand the migration procedure. The below discussed query is taken from the forum site:
How Can I Copy PST Contacts to iPhone Manually?
Importing Outlook contacts to iPhone is not that much easy task. It is very difficult and complex procedure. Here in this section, we are going to discuss some methods to perform the migration task. Mainly there are 3 ways to execute the process. All the ways are described step-by-step below. You have to follow all of them to get positive outcome.
Approach 1: Sync Outlook Contacts to iPhone With iCloud
It is suggested to backup Outlook PST file before you begin the synchronizing process. Also make sure the iCloud control panel for Windows that has been already downloaded on the PC. Otherwise install iCloud control panel into your local machine.
- Start iCloud and log-in using your credentials (ID and Password)
- Now, set iCloud PST as default, and copy the default Outlook.pst file to iCloud. You have to take care of all the changes done in the contact list during updating between PST and iPhone.
- Choose Contact with Outlook in iCloud primary wizard then tap on “Apply” option.
- Here, go to settings and then iCloud, sign-in to iCloud account from the iPhone screen. Afterwards, turn on the contacts to enable syncing contacts with MS Outlook.
Approach 2: Copy PST Contacts to iPhone Via iTunes
Note: You have to disable the iCloud settings for this way to work.
- First, you have to connect your iPhone to your local machine and start iTunes
- Here, by visiting device entry choose the icon for your device
- Select “info” tab situated in the left panel
- view the components for sync and select Sync Contacts with>>Outlook (One can choose single option from sync all contacts and synchronize only opted groups).
- Finally, hit on “Apply” to complete the setup procedure.
Approach 3: Sync Outlook Contacts with iPhone Through Exchange
The method is available under the conditions that your iPhone is connected to your internal corporate network. It is possible may be the company have an Exchange server you can sync Outlook contacts with:
- Firstly, on the display of iPhone, head to settings then Mail, Contacts, and Calendars.
- Now, just click Exchange, if you are implementing this for the first time to have set up items. Otherwise, you have to opt Add Account after that Exchange.
- Here, insert the email, user name and the password and hit on “Next” to move forward.
- In this step, your iPhone will contact the Exchange Server. Afterwards, you have add the address of the server.
- At last, from options emails, notes, calendar and contact. You have to select the needed information to sync with Outlook account.
Comprehensive Method to Copy PST Contacts to iPhone
The above-mentioned manual approaches has some disadvantages. It is a lengthy and time-consuming procedure. So, we come-up with an appropriate way to perform PST contacts conversion. It is a third-party application named as “Outlook PST to VCF Converter tool”. It is comprehensive software to convert the contacts from MS Outlook email client to the vCard format. With the help of this tool, you can easily export contacts from PST to iPhone. This utility is equipped with an understandable interface so, a novice user can also perform the task. The tool is capable enough to migrate Outlook contacts to iPhone without losing a bit of data.
This application contains some more amazing features that are listed below:
1. Permits batch transfer of several PST files at once
2. Utility converts Outlook PST emails, contacts, etc.
3. Software maintains original tree and Metadata.
4. Option to Date-range filter to sort migrated data.
5. Support all versions of Window Operating System.
Steps to Export Contacts from PST to iPhone via vCard are:
Step 1. Launch the tool on your system and add PST contacts file.
Step 2. Preview Outlook PST contacts with all details.
Step 3. Select vCard file format from the Export options.
Step 4. Choose folder to save the vCard file.
Step 5. Click on the Export button to start conversion.
With the help of these methods one can easily Copy PST contacts to iPhone. We described mainly two ways one is manual and the second one is an automated tool. But, user have to aware about one thing i.e., manual approach have some constraints. So, it is better to go with a tool. This is able to migrate Outlook contacts to iPhone without data loss. Thus, it is totally depends on you. One can choose any one of them as per their desire.