How to Migrate cPanel Email to Outlook – Best Solution
In this blog, we will learn how to migrate cPanel Email to Outlook.
In cPanel, you can access all your emails and can export using both web interfaces; RoundCube or Horde. Here, this blog will depict you how to migrate emails from your RoundCube web interface.
But before proceeding further you should have to know about the RoundCube web interface.
What is RoundCube?
RoundCube is a web-oriented IMAP email client. Its most bulbous feature is; penetrating use of Ajax technology. People decide to add cPanel email to Outlook because RoundCube is a free and open-source IMAP email client application subject to the terms of the GNU General Public License.
It is widely used for accessing cPanel emails.
Moreover, RoundCube saves all emails in EML file format. So, if you save the emails from RoundCube, it will show in EML file format.
An EML is a single mail file format that saves a single mail. EML files also store one or more than one email attachments that are attached to an email message.
Now, let us know how to add these emails to Outlook.
Procedure to Migrate cPanel Email to Outlook
The whole process to perform cPanel webmail Outlook setup is divided into three parts:
- Backup Emails from cPanel account
- Convert Exported Data File
- Import the Results to Outlook
The entire procedure takes a lot of time to complete and the conversion process is a lot difficult than it might seem.
So, it is better to export the data directly to Outlook data format with the help of the IMAP Backup Software for Mac. Using this tool removes the stage of conversion and allows the user to download the data in bulk.
Manual Method: Add cPanel Email to Outlook Using RoundCube
- Log in to your cPanel account.
- In the Email section, click on the Email Accounts option.
- Now, in the account domain, click on the Check Email button.
- Select Roundcube as your main webmail client and click on Open to move forward with the first step of the procedure.
- Afterward, select the email you need to export and click on More icon.
- Here, from the list, click on the Download (.eml) option.
Finally, the email you want to export will be saved in the local storage. The process to migrate cPanel email to Outlook will be completed halfway.
There is no manual method to directly open EML Files in Outlook. So, first, you need to convert EML files and then you can migrate the data.
We know that the conversion procedure is not so easy and if the user does think about performing the process, a lot of time & effort is required.
Don’t go through the procedure without having technical knowledge or assistance.
Innovative Approach: Direct Method to Export Emails to Outlook Data Format
Here, the easiest solution of exporting the data from a webmail account to the required format is explained. The process to add cPanel email to Outlook is not a big task when executed via this tool.
It is the best and easy method to convert all the files in bulk. This tool comes up with multiple great features such as:
- Option to apply various formats like PST, EML, HTML, PDF, etc.
- Ability to export data selectively from a specific duration via Date-filter
- Usage of Delete after Download feature will remove the exported files
- Maintains the structure of the folder & data integrity during the process
- Allows breaking large files in smaller parts using Split PST Option
Working Steps of The Tool to Migrate cPanel Email to Outlook
- Download and Run the tool on your desktop. Fill in the required details like the credentials, IMAP Server & Port Key No. Click on the Login button to start.
- Now, navigate directly to the format section where you have to choose PST as your export type. Click on the Advance Settings option.
- Then, apply the Split PST Option to divide huge files in small parts by selecting a maximum size for the files. Moreover, use the Date-filter to set the dates in the “from” & “to” sections to selectively add cPanel email to Outlook.
- After that, you get to choose the Delete after Download & Incremental Backup options. The Incremental Backup option will be available after the first process.
- Search for a destination location by clicking on the Browse button.
- Finally, click on the Start Backup button to successfully export emails.
You will have a successful transfer of emails. Now, the last part to finish the process is to import the resultant file to Outlook.
Last Section: Import the Resultant File to Outlook
1. Initiate the process to migrate cPanel email to Outlook by opening your Outlook account and click on the File button.
2. Now, go to Open & Export >> Import/Export.
3. Select Import from another program or file option and click Next.
4. Click on the Outlook Data File (.pst) option and click Next.
5. At last, browse the resultant PST file and finish the task.
Finally, you have successfully moved your files to Outlook. Now, you can access all the emails in your Outlook account.
In this blog, we have discussed the process to migrate cPanel email to Outlook. The process to add these emails to Outlook account is divided in 2 parts.
First, you have to export emails from your webmail account via manual or professional solution. If you use the manual method, an extra step is added for conversion. If you go for the professional technique, there is no need for conversion. Then, you have to import the exported file to Outlook.
Know Also – Process to Transfer BT Email to Outlook
Q.1 – I don’t want to export emails from cPanel to Outlook, but I want to save the data in another format, is it possible?
Ans. Yes, this tool gives the option to export all your files into multiple file formats such as – MBOX, PST, PDF, HTML, MSG, EML, etc.
Q.2 – Can I split the PST file and import it to Outlook?
Ans. Yes, the software has a feature to split the file, and then you can import it to Outlook.
Q.3 – What are the steps to use this tool?
Ans. First, download and execute the tool on your computer and follow the steps mentioned below:
Step-1: Login to your account & choose the format.
Step-2: Apply the filters for selective data transfer.
Step-3: Browse for the destination location.
Step-4: Hit Start Backup to complete the process.