How to Migrate cPanel Email to Outlook – Best Solution
In this blog, we will learn how to migrate cPanel Email to Outlook.
In cPanel, you can access all your emails and can export using both web interfaces; Roundcube or Horde. Here, this blog will depict you how to migrate emails from Roundcube web interface.
But before proceeding further you should have to know about Roundcube web interface.
Learn More: How to Migrate Mail from cPanel to Office 365?
What is Roundcube?
Roundcube is a web-oriented IMAP email client. Its most bulbous feature is; penetrating use of Ajax technology. People decide to migrate cPanel Email to Outlook because Roundcube is a free and open-source IMAP email client application subject to the terms of the GNU General Public License. It is widely used for accessing cPanel emails.
Moreover, Roundcube saves all emails in EML file format. So, if you export emails from Roundcube, it will show in EML file format.
An EML is a single mail file format that saves one single mail. EML files also store one or more than one email attachments which are attached with an email message. This file format is supported by many email clients such as Outlook, Apple Mail, Mozilla Thunderbird, Mozilla Seamonkey, etc.
Now, let us know how to add cPanel email to Outlook.
Note: Convert MBOX to PST if you wish to export emails from Horde webmail interface to Outlook.
Procedure to Migrate cPanel Email to Outlook
The whole process to perform cPanel webmail Outlook setup is divided into three parts:
- Backup Emails from cPanel Roundcube Webmail
- Convert Exported EML to PST File Format
- Import PST File to Outlook
Part 1: Backup Emails from cPanel Roundcube Webmail
- Log in to your cPanel account.
- In the Email section, click on the Email Accounts option.
- Now, in the account domain, click on the Check Email button.
- Select Roundcube as your main webmail client and click on Open to move forwad with the first step of the procedure to migrate cPanel Email to Outlook.
- Afterward, select the email you need to export and click on More icon.
- Here, from the list, click on the Download (.eml) option.
Finally, the email you have exported will download at the location where you exported and the exporting process is successfully completed.
There is no manual method to directly open EML Files in Outlook. So, first, you need to convert EML files and then you can migrate cPanel email to Outlook.
To know the whole process, read the below-mentioned section carefully.
Part 2: Convert Resultant Emails to PST
Now, after exporting cPanel emails from the Roundcube web interface in EML format, adding cPanel email to Outlook is not a big task. Pcvita EML converter is the best and easy method to convert all EML files in bulk. This tool comes up with multiple great features such as:
- Option to Convert EML files into multiple formats.
- Change EML emails along with all email attachments.
- Apply Date Filter option to export all EML emails folder from a specific date.
- Convert emails by maintaining the email properties such as; Header and Format.
- Create a single separate PST file for every single folder.
Working Steps of The Tool to Migrate cPanel Email to Outlook
- Download and Run the tool on your desktop.
- Now, navigate directly to the folder where you exported emails.
- Select the email you need to export and click on the Export button.
- Choose PST file format and select Adv Settings… for additional filters.
- Finally, click on the Export button to successfully export emails.
You have successfully converted all emails in PST file. Now, the last part to finish the process to add cPanel email to Outlook is to import the resultant PST file to Outlook. To import the PST file to Outlook, read the below-stated part.
Part 3: Import Resultant File to Outlook
- Open Outlook account and click on the File button to initiate the process to migrate cPanel email to Outlook.
- Now, go to Open & Export >> Import/Export.
- Select Import from another program or file option and click Next.
- Click on the Outlook Data File (.pst) option and click Next.
- At last, browse the resultant PST file and finish the task.
Finally, you have successfully move your files to Outlook. Now, you can access all emails in Outlook.
In this blog, we have discussed the process to migrate cPanel email to Outlook. The process to add cPanel email to Outlook is divided into 3 parts. First, you have to export emails from Roundcube in EML file format. Now, Outlook support only PST file format so in the second part, you have to convert the resultant emails into PST file format. After conversion emails to PST, import the exported PST file to Outlook.
I don’t want to export emails from cPanel to Outlook, but I want to convert the EML file to MBOX. Can I use this tool to convert EML to MBOX?
Yes, this tool gives the option to convert EML files into multiple file formats such as – MBOX, PST, PDF, HTML, MSG, NSF.
Can I split the PST file and can import it to Outlook?
Yes, the software has a feature to split the PST file, and then you can import it to Outlook.
What are the steps to use this tool?
First, download and execute the tool on your computer and follow the steps mentioned below:
- Step-1: Explore the folder and find the EML file.
- Step-2: Preview and select emails to convert.
- Step-3: Select File format as PST.
- Step-4: Click Export to migrate cPanel email to Outlook.