How to Export Email from cPanel to Outlook? Complete Guide
In this blog, we will learn how to export email from cPanel to Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013 in an effective manner. To ease the user’s pain, here we will share all the possible methods that will help you to migrate all the emails to Outlook. However, we will also explain which one is far better to use. So that, in the end you will be able to export all the cPanel emails to Outlook application on your own.
If we talk about the cPanel webmail, here, you can access all your emails and can export using both web interfaces; RoundCube or Horde. But, users like you to prefer to migrate cPanel emails to Outlook because of various reasons. Where the data security and proper data management is the top priority of almost every user.
Users even choose Outlook because of the popularity among multiple businesses As most companies or users prefer Outlook application because of its simple GUI interface and various functions.
Table of Content
Now, let us know how to add these emails to Outlook.
Quick Steps for cPanel Email to Outlook Conversion
- Download the tool on Mac OS deskctop.
- Login with cPanel user details, select PST.
- Apply filters to split, or date range.
- Hit Start Backup to Begin exporting emails.
- Open MS Outlook on Computer.
- Go to File > Open & Export > Import/Export tab.
- Import from another program or file > Outlook data file option.
- Browse the PST file > mouse click Finish.
Complete Procedure to Export Email from cPanel to Outlook
The whole process to perform cPanel webmail Outlook setup is divided into three parts:
- Export Required Emails from cPanel Account
- Convert Exported Data File
- Import the Results to Outlook
The whole process takes a long time to complete and the conversion process is more difficult than it might seem. We will share both manual and automated methods in the next section to execute the process. So follow step by step to understand the whole process.
Manual Method: Migrate cPanel Email to Outlook Account
- To start the manual procedure, first step is to log in to your cPanel account.
- Thereafter, in the Email section, click on the Email Accounts option.
- Now, in the account domain, click on the Check Email button from below.
- Here, just select Roundcube as your main webmail client and click on Open to move further with the first step of the procedure.
- Afterward, select the email from the mailbox you need to export and click on More icon.
- Here, from the list, click on the Download (.eml) option.
Finally, the email you want to export will be saved to the desktop’s local storage. The process to export email from cPanel to Outlook is halfway done.
However, this method will only allow you to export one email at a time from the cPanel mailbox. And that too in a different file format, so, you will need to migrate it to access it in Outlook application. But, there is no manual way to directly open EML Files in Outlook.
We know that the conversion process is not that easy and requires a lot of time and effort if you are planning to go further with this procedure.
So, we advise you not to go through this manual process without technical knowledge or assistance.
Automated Method to Export Email from cPanel to Outlook
Here, the easiest solution of exporting the data from a webmail account to the required format is explained. The process to export cPanel email to Outlook is not a big task when executed via Secure IMAP Email Backup Tool.
It is the best and easy method to migrate all the files in bulk mode. Moreover, this tool comes up with multiple features such as:
- Option to apply various formats like EML, HTML, PDF, etc.
- Ability to export email data selectively from a specific duration via Date-filter option.
- This tool even offers the feature that will remove the exported files from the mailbox to free up cPanel storage space.
- Moreover, this software always maintains the structure of the folder & data integrity during the process.
- Allows breaking large files in smaller parts using in-built feature for a better use.
Steps of the Tool to Export Emails to Outlook Data Format
- Download and Run the tool on your desktop of supported Mac OS version. Fill in the required cPanel details like the credentials, IMAP Server & Port Key No, click on the Login button to start.
- Now, navigate directly to the format section where you have to choose PST as your export type. Also, click on the Advance Settings option.
- Then, apply the settings to divide huge files in small parts by selecting a maximum size for the files. Moreover, use the Date-filter to set the dates in the “from” & “to” sections to selectively migrate cPanel email to Outlook.
- After that, you get to choose the Delete after Download & Incremental Backup options. The Incremental Backup option will be available after the first process.
- Search for a destination location by clicking on the Browse button.
- Finally, click on the Start Backup button to successfully export emails from the cPanel mailbox to Outlook supported format.
You will have a successful migration of all the required emails. Now, the last part to finish the process is by importing the output file to Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013.
Last Section: Import the Resultant File to Outlook
1. Initiate the process to export email from cPanel to Outlook by opening your Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013 application and click on the File button.
2. Now, go to Open & Export >> Import/Export option.
3. Select Import from another program or file option and click Next tab.
4. Mouse-click on the Outlook Data File (.pst) option and click Next.
5. At last, browse the resultant PST file and finish the task.
Finally, you have successfully moved your files to Outlook. Now, you can access all the emails in your Outlook account.
In this blog, we have discussed the process to export email from cPanel to Outlook. The process to migrate these emails to Outlook account is divided in 2 parts. First, you have to export emails from your webmail account via manual or professional solution. If you use the manual method, an extra step is added for conversion. But for the short and simple way, it is better to go for the professional technique. Then, you have to import the exported file to Outlook.
Q- I don’t want to export email from cPanel to Outlook, but I want to save the data in another format, is it possible?
Answer. Yes, this tool gives option to export all your mailbox files in multiple file formats.
Q- Can I split a large file and migrate it into Outlook 2019?
Answer. Yes, the software has the feature to split the file, and then you can import the file into Outlook 2019 or any version.
Q – How do I convert cPanel email to Outlook using this tool?
- Login to cPanel account & choose PST.
- Apply the filters for selectively exporting.
- Browse for the destination location.
- Hit Start Backup to complete the process.
- Open Outlook, navigate File icon.
- Tap Open & Export > Import/Export option.
- Import from another program or file > Outlook data file.
- Browse the file > Hit Finish.