Do you also want to export Roundcube emails to Gmail? Here, you will get the perfect solution to do so. But first, let’s state some facts about Roundcube webmail and Gmail.
Roundcube offers a great amount of features and yet, its users are looking to move to Gmail.
But why are users looking for solutions on How to export emails from Roundcube to Gmail?
Well, Gmail being a free web-based email service, is used by majority of users worldwide. Every user has a Gmail account for whatever purpose to manage communication.
Now, Gmail offers some features that are pretty beneficial for the organizations making them move to Gmail. It helps them manage the communication related to their business and the data. It is also more trusted as it was developed by Google.
Now, let’s find out what methods will help you move the emails to Gmail from Roundcube.
Roundcube, being a browser-based iMAP client that has the features and functionalities of an email client. It offers folder manipulation and message searching as well but users are still not satisfied with it.
Which is why we have here the step-by-step procedure to move the emails. Emails from Roundcube can be exported to Gmail in two steps. First of all, we will be saving the emails to your local computer from Roundcube.
Step 1 – Find Out How to Export Emails from Roundcube to Gmail?
1. First of all, log in to your Roundcube account.
2. After that, choose an email that you want to export.
Note: Bulk transfer of emails is not permitted by Roundcube. You will have to export the emails one-by-one.
3. Once you have selected the email you want to move, select the More button.
4. A drop-down menu will appear, choose Download (.eml) option.
5. You will be able to see the email in your Downloads folder in your local computer.
Now that you have saved the emails locally, follow the next step.
Step 2 – Transfer the Emails to Gmail
For this, you have to download the Tool to Convert EML to PST. This software will convert EML to Outlook accessible file and maintain the attributes and emails formatting. This process has two divisions.
The next section will show what measures are taken in these two parts.
1. Download the application and launch it. Select the folder containing the EML files you downloaded from Roundcube.
2. Choose the EML messages you want to export and hit Export.
3. Select PST option from the dialog box. Click on the Advance Settings option.
Note: Here, you will get two options: Split PST and Date-Filter.
4. Hit the Browse button to choose a destination location for the converted file.
5. Click on the Export button.
Now, the final stage to completely learn how to export emails from Roundcube to Gmail is discussed below.
For this part, you will have to download the Outlook to Gmail Migration Tool, and follow the steps as given below:
1. Download the tool and launch it. Select Add File(s) option to choose the files and click Open and hit Next.
2. Add the files and enter the credentials for your Gmail account.
3. Choose the items you want to move from Select Categories field and set the Advance Settings.
Note: You can choose to “Exclude Duplicate Contacts” while moving the contacts.
4. Start the migration process by clicking Export button.
This is the entire process to export Roundcube emails to Gmail. The tool offers more than what it mentioned. Let’s give you a brief on the features of this software.
The tool offers advance settings in which you can choose the following settings to apply:
These are not the only features provided by the tool that helps in learning how to export emails from Roundcube to Gmail.
You can apply these settings while migrating attachments associated with the emails:
Roundcube offers a lot of features along with the functionality of an email client and yet it is not able to give the users what they want.
This is why users export Roundcube emails to Gmail and are looking for solutions. The process is divided in two parts.
Use the tools as mentioned for the best-ever experience for migrating the emails to Gmail without any hindrances. Both the tools are compatible with all the versions of Windows OS.