Extract Email Addresses from .msg File – One and Only Technique
Overview – In this blog, you will find out how you can extract email addresses from .msg file with the help of a professional method. You will also be shown an example that can cause a user to look for answers on such a query. Let’s get started.
It is a known fact by all that the MSG file (.msg) is a single message file which is created by dragging an email from Outlook and dropping it on your desktop. The MSG file stores the subject, header which includes properties like From, To, Cc, Bcc etc., and email body.
There are various situations where a user might need only the email body and not the other properties that MSG stored. There are also a lot of cases found where a user may be looking to get all email addresses from MSG file but are not able to. Take a look at such one query to make it more clear.
User Query – I have around a 100 MSG files that I received from my boss. I’ve been asked to retrieve all the email addresses that it holds. Opening every email and copying and pasting the email ids from there is something that is going to take a lot of time and I don’t really want to go through that kind of trouble. Is there any other way to make it an easier task? If yes, please tell me how?
Just like the above user, there are many more who want to pull recipient addresses. Let’s find out the simple solution to this.
What Solution Can Extract Email Addresses from .msg File?
There are no successful methods that can help you get your email addresses. You can try to copy and paste the email addresses from each MSG file if there are only a few. But for a good amount of emails, you can’t go for this method as it won’t be feasible for such a task.
You can go for the Outlook Email Address Extractor Tool that can help you to take out the email addresses from the required Outlook file say PST, OST, BAK, and MSG.
Here, since our requirement is to get the addresses from MSG file, we will be showing you how to do so in this blog. But before that, let’s learn a bit more about the software.
Points to Learn About the Application for Better Understanding
There are a good number of benefits that are offered by the software. We will be explaining a few of them:
1. Pull Out Email Addresses from MSG
This software has the capability of extracting the email addresses by giving users the option to add the files or folder as per their need. Mark the MSG radio button to direct the software that you are adding MSG files and if you have added the wrong files by mistake, you can click on the Remove Files option to delete the specific files.
2. Different Options to Export Data in
There are 3 different file formats that are provided by the tool while you are extracting the email addresses. You can choose to save the recipient addresses in PST, VCF, and CSV file formats. Any one of these formats can be chosen as per your requirement.
3. Option to Include/Exclude Email Adresses
You get multiple options in this feature while taking out email addresses from MSG file. Mark the check boxes you want to include/exclude emails that contain some phrases. The options provided are:
- Domain Name: Emails from a specific domain name can be ignored.
- Exclude Emails Containing Phrases: Emails that consist of certain phrases such as www, root, denotreply, robot, mailer, daemon etc. can be eliminated.
- Phrases from Subject: You have the liberty to extract addresses from emails that have a certain phrase in the subject.
4. Selective Extraction Using Filters
The tool has 2 types of filters that you can make full use of. Find these below:
- Date-Filter: This filter allows you to extract email addresses from a specified time-range by giving the Start Date and End Date to the software.
- Select Properties: Choose if you want to extract the recipient addresses from a specific property like From, To, Cc, Bcc, etc.
Working Steps of the Tool to Extract Email Addresses from .msg File
1. Download and launch this software. Mark the radio button corresponding MSG file type, hit Add File(s) option and press Next.
2. Click on the check boxes you want to extract email addresses from under the Select Properties field and hit Next.
3. Choose the export type as VCF and select 4.0 vCard in the Versions field. Now, Click on the Single vCard Folder for All Addresses box if so required.
4. Apply the filters as shown and hit Extract to get over with the process.
That is the entire process of extraction using the software.
That’s About It!
The process to extract email addresses from .msg file is an easy-to-learn procedure only if you know what you are doing. With the help of this software, there is nothing more than just a few clicks here and there that the user has to do. The utility supports extraction in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, and below versions. Also, it is compatible with all the Windows OS versions.