Want to Fix Corrupted Hard Drive? Here is the Solution
There could be various instances when your system works in a strange manner, thereby leading to data loss. Now, to overcome this mysterious behaviour of the system, a hard drive came into the picture. By doing so, users can back up their data in a secure place that can be accessed at any time.
Have you ever thought that this hard drive, being an electronic device, is also prone to corruption? Yes, the hard drive can also get damaged at times. Whenever such corruption occurs, the very first question that comes to one’s mind is how to fix corrupted hard drive. Here we will discuss the various approaches that can be followed to get your hard drive recovered in an effective way.
Let’s Follow a User Scenario:
“Please help! I have an external hard drive, i.e., a Samsung Ipro Drive. A few days ago, the drive got unplugged during data transfer. Because of this, I am not able to access my data as the drive got corrupted. It’s a 1 TB drive with all my important files and documents. So, please suggest the best solution to recover a damaged hard disk.”
Various Symptoms When Hard Drive Are Corrupt
- A prompt message is displayed, i.e., “Sector not found.”
- Generation of weird characters in the Filenames
- Suddenly, the file system appears as RAW
- A warning message showing “disk is not formatted. Do you want to format it?”
What Makes Users Find Solutions to Fix a Corrupted Hard Drive?
Following are the reasons behind the corruption of hard disks:
- When the drive is attacked by virus or malicious software,
- Sudden power failure while copying data to an external hard drive
- human error, such as an improper way of ejecting an external drive
- When the boot sector for system disk partition gets damaged
- Any physical damage or file system error can cause drive corruption
Some Frequently Used Techniques to Resolve Corruption Issue
Find the following methods to fix the damaged hard drive without any data loss:
1. Restore Hard Drive Using CMD Prompt in Admin Mode
Here, we will be using the Check Disk utility to get your corrupted or damaged hard drive recovered. Therefore, follow the below-listed steps in sequence.
- Type Command Prompt on the search bar, right-click on it and select Run as administrator
- Then, type chkdsk C: /F to restore damaged hard drive, where C is the drive letter
- A user can make a thorough scan process by adding more options in the command as chkdsk C: /F /X /R and hit Enter
- Here, /X ensures the volume is disconnected before the scan process starts
- /R navigates the bad sectors and recovers readable data
- Now, if the system asks to restart, then press Y key
- Then, wait until the Check Disk utility fixes the hard drive for errors
Note: Chkdsk is not a fool-proof solution as it somehow fails to fix all the errors while repairing the corrupted HDD.
2. Using File Manager
- Launch File Manager on your system, select the corrupted drive and go to Properties
- Now, select Tools and check under Error Checking
- If the drive contains errors, then click on Repair This Drive option
- Following the above steps will help to fix the corrupted hard drive
3. Format the Drive
- Firstly, right-click on This PC or My Computer and click the Manage option
- In the new windows which appear, select Disk Management from the left pane
- Right-click on the volume to be formatted and click Format
- Then, enter the name of the disk, select the file system, keep the default allocation size and click OK
- It will take a couple of minutes to format the hard disk.
Read More: How to Fix HP Laptop Hard Disk Failure Error?
Why Did Manual Methods Fail to Fix a Corrupted Hard Drive?
- The above-driven manual approaches require accurate technical knowledge
- The steps are quite complex and hence a naïve user can find it difficult
- It fails to repair all the errors from an external hard drive; only limited errors are fixed
- Can lead to severe issues like loss of data and file integrity issues
Automated Solution to Recover Files from Damaged Hard drive
After knowing the various consequences of the above-described manual methods, users might become curious about the proper solution. Now, to fix a corrupted data from a hard drive, try to use a reliable professional tool like the Hard Drive Data Recovery tool. It is an amazing tool with no risk of data loss or other technical failures. It is a complete solution to recover and restore a damaged hard drive with a few simple clicks.
It is an amazing tool with no risk of data loss or other technical failures. Is there a complete solution to recover data from WD external hard drive? with a few simple clicks.
Steps to Restore Damaged and Formatted Data from Hard Drive
The steps to initiate the process and complete it successfully are quite easy. Find these below:
1: Launch the software once it has been downloaded.
2: Choose the partition and select Scan or Formatted Scan as required.
3: Preview the data in the left panel and choose files to recover.
4: Choose the destination location and export.
What Makes this Tool Distinct to Recover Corrupted HDD?
It is loaded with so many dynamic features. Thus, it is a smooth process for the users to get their hard drives repaired from corruption. With the help of this tool, users can now recover data from any internal or external hard drive. The attached external device can be easily detected using the Refresh option. In addition to this, all the recovered files that have been permanently deleted are highlighted in red. Because of its wide range of features, users can reliably use this tool to recover damaged hard disks.
One can make use of the manual solutions to fix corrupted hard drive. However, it has its own set of limitations. Now, to overcome these shortcomings, we have discussed the automated tool. It is designed with a powerful algorithm to recover lost, damaged or corrupted data from a hard drive. It is a one-stop remedy that also helps recover data from GPT and MBR partitions.
Commonly Asked Questions
Q: Why is my hard drive damaged?
Ans: Hard drive data corruption occurs when the system cannot finish writing data to a file or when parts of the file are inaccessible. Poor operating conditions can cause problems and damage physical hard drives, but eventually all hard drives fail due to mechanical stress.
Q: Is it possible to recover a damaged hard drive by formatting it?
Ans: Yes, this is one method that you should try. A full format completely cleans your hard drive from scratch, restores all file structures, and scans the drive to make sure everything works the way you want it to. However, this operation results in data loss.