How Do I Merge Two Outlook Data Files? Here is the Quick Solution
Summary: This blog discusses the most searched query “how do I merge two Outlook data files?” Here you will know the steps to merge PST files manually and automatically.
Outlook is the most popular desktop-based email client. It offers users to create several email accounts to store their data. Outlook supports to store all data items such as email messages, calendar items, contacts, and others to PST file format. But when it’s time to manage all these PSTs, user face many problems like hanging, unable to open PST files, delete PSTs, etc.
To get rid of all these problems, merging all Outlook PST files into a single file is the topmost solution. Therefore, users are looking for a way to merge two PST files in Outlook.
Before starting to the solution, first let’s see the benefits of combining two or more data files into a single one.
Advantages of Combining PST Files
- When users want to combine all email accounts data files, merging is the best option.
- A single file can be easily open, view and share with someone in no time.
- It is a good option to merge all PSTs, if want to migrate from Outlook to another application.
- To maintain Outlook performance and speed, PST file consolidation is necessary for the users
Merge Two Outlook Data Files into One Manually
Unfortunately, there is no direct manual method that can be used to merge two PST files. It is a two-step process:
Step 1: Make New PST File
- Open Outlook on your system and go to the Home Tab.
- Click New Items >> More Items >> Outlook Data File.
- Select location to save new PST data file.
- Click OK and file is created successfully.
Step 2: Import PST to Newly Created File
- Click on the File tab.
- Select Open & Export >> Import/Export option.
- Choose “Import from another program or file” and hit Next.
- Select “Outlook Data File (.pst)” as the file type and click Next.
- Click Browse and pick the PST file that want to import.
- Check “Do not import duplicates” if you need and press Next.
- Select folder to import and check Include subfolders box.
- Click the Finish button to start importing.
Note: Repeat the step 2 for another PST file to merge as Outlook gives permission to import one PST at a time. If you feel that the above method is difficult and you are unable to merge PSTs with this, you can go with the second approach.
Alternate & Better Solution to Merge Two Outlook Data Files
You can use the PST Merger Tool which works great and easy to use even by any novice without technical expertise. This tool allows you to merge two PST files as well as multiple files including emails, calendars, contacts, tasks, notes and other items. It offers two option for Outlook data management: Join or Merge. You can choose any of the option as per your requirements.
Follow these steps to Merge Two PST Files into One:
Step 1. First, Download PST File Merge tool and install in your PC.
Step 2. Select PST files for merging.
Step 3. Choose whether you want to Merge or Join PST.
Step 4. Select merge in New PST, Existing PST or Outlook Profile.
Step 5. Check required mailbox items and hit on the Next button.
That’s it. This is the whole process of combining two or multiple data files without losing a single information.
What’s More in PST File Merger Software?
Well, the software is the complete package of data management and offers multiple features to perform this task. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Merge two Outlook data files into one with all items
- Join option to join two PST files by creating a new folder
- Merge option allows to merge Outlook folders into one
- Remove duplicates from emails, contacts, calendars, etc.
- Split oversized PST file into small size while combining PSTs
- Supports Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and other versions
- Freedom to merge PST files without Outlook by choosing merge in new PST option
- Check or uncheck deleted items and junk folder for merging
- No 2 GB file size limitations, combine unlimited data files without loss
The query how do I merge two Outlook data files has been successfully resolved here. In the blog above, we have explained the manual steps to merge PST files. However, this process is quite difficult for non-technical users. That is why we proposed the second solution, namely PST data merger. In this way, you can easily merge two PST files as well as multiple data files into a single one.