How Do I Merge Two Outlook Data Files? Here is the Quick Solution
Summary: This blog discusses the most searched query “how do I merge two Outlook data files?” Here you will know the steps to merge Outlook data files manually and automatically.
Outlook is the most popular desktop-based email client. It offers users to create several email accounts to store their data. Outlook supports storing all data items such as email messages, calendar items, contacts, and others in PST file format. But when it’s time to manage all these PSTs, users face many problems like hanging, being unable to open PST files, deleting PSTs, etc.
To get rid of all these problems, merging all Outlook PST files into a single file is the topmost solution. Therefore, users are looking for a way to merge two PST files in Outlook.
Merge Two Outlook Data Files into One Manually
Unfortunately, there is no direct manual method that can be used to merge two PST files. It is a two-step process:
Step 1: Make a New PST File
- Open Outlook on your system and go to the Home Tab.
- Click New Items >> More Items >> Outlook Data File.
- Select location to save new PST data file.
- Click OK and the file is created successfully.
Step 2: Import PST to the Newly Created File
- Click on the File tab.
- Select Open & Export >> Import/Export option.
- Choose “Import from another program or file” and hit Next.
- Select “Outlook Data File (.pst)” as the file type and click Next.
- Click Browse and pick the PST file that wants to import.
- Check “Do not import duplicates” if you need them and press Next.
- Select the folder to import and check the Include subfolders box.
- Click the Finish button to start importing.
Note: Repeat step 2 for another PST file to merge as Outlook gives permission to import one PST at a time. If you feel that the above method is difficult and you are unable to merge files with this, you can go with the second approach.
Prime Solution to Merge Two Outlook Data Files
You can use the PST Merger Tool which works great and is easy to use even by any novice without technical expertise. This tool allows you to merge two PST files as well as multiple files including emails, calendars, contacts, tasks, notes, and other items. It offers two options for Outlook data management: Join or Merge. You can choose any of the options as per your requirements.
Follow these steps to Merge Two PST Files into One:
Step 1. First, Download the tool and install it on your PC.
Step 2. Select PST files for merging.
Step 3. Choose whether you want to Merge or Join PST.
Step 4. Select merge in New PST, Existing PST, or Outlook Profile.
Step 5. Check required mailbox items and hit on the Next button.
That’s it. This is the whole process of combining two or multiple data files without losing a single piece of information.
More Features in this Software?
Well, the software is the complete package of data management and offers multiple features to perform this task. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Merge two Outlook profiles into one with all items
- Join option to join two PST files by creating a new folder
- The merge option allows to merge Outlook folders into one
- Remove duplicates from emails, contacts, calendars, etc.
- Split oversized PST files into small sizes while combining PSTs
- Supports Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and other versions
- Freedom to Merge files without Outlook by choosing merge in the new PST option
- Check or uncheck deleted items and junk folders for merging
- No 2 GB file size limitations, combine unlimited data files without loss
Advantages of Combining PST Files
- When users want to combine all email accounts’ data files, merging is the best option.
- A single file can be easily opened, viewed, ed, and share with someone in no time.
- It is a good option to merge all PSTs if want to migrate from Outlook to another application.
- To maintain Outlook performance and speed, PST file consolidation is necessary for the users.
Some Frequently Asked Questions by Users
Q. How to merge multiple Outlook data files with the help of software?
A. Steps to merge two Outlook data files are:
Step 1. Download the Software & Add PST file/ Folder
Step 2. Select the Option Merge
Step 3. Choose the Merge in Outlook Profile
Step 4. Select Advanced filter and Press Next.
Q. Why do we merge Outlook files into one?
A. We merge two multiple Outlook data files into one to improve performance in MS Outlook.
The query how do I merge two Outlook data files has been successfully resolved here. In the blog above, we have explained the manual steps to merge Outlook data files. However, this process is quite difficult for non-technical users. That is why we proposed the second solution, namely the PST data merger. In this way, you can easily merge two PST files as well as multiple data files into a single one.