How to Merge Outlook Folders with No Duplicates Emails, Contacts, Calendar?
Summary: If you are an Outlook user, merge Outlook folders with no duplicates emails, contacts, calendar them. In this article, we will discuss how to merge multiple PST files into one. In addition, we also explain the benefits of merging Outlook data files. But firstly, let’s look at the query.
Table of Content
Query 1: Hi, I have multiple Outlook data files (.pst) created over a long period of time. These PST files are from POP/IMAP mail accounts. As I have started working on Outlook 2019, I want them in my new system. Using many computers with different computers, I now have many folders. I do not want folders like “Inbox and Sent Items” to be merged together. Can anybody here provide me with a better solution to how I should combine Outlook folders with no duplicates?
Query 2: :Recently, I configured Outlook 2016 on my PC. I have extracted all the data, like emails, contacts, and calendars, from my previous Microsoft Outlook 2003 into many Outlook Data Files (.pst). I have manually migrated some of the PSTs into Outlook, but there are more than 100 PSTs. It is becoming tedious for me now. Can anybody tell me how to combine these PST files? So that I can import this into my Outlook Profile in a single go.
We have received similar questions from various users. Therefore, we have covered several methods to combine Outlook PST files without duplicating mailbox items.
5 Steps to Combine Folders in Outlook
- Install and run the PST Merge Tool.
- Click Add PST File for Combine.
- Select the Target folder to save the PST file.
- Choose the Merge PST Option and Hit Next.
- After clicking Next, the process will start.
Methods to Merge Outlook Folders with No Duplicates
There are several ways to combine multiple PST files. The manual method is suitable for people with adequate technical knowledge to perform the necessary operations. On the other hand, if you are a complete beginner, a professional tool is the best option for you. Below are the methods to manually merge PST files without duplication.
Manual Approach to Combine Folders in Outlook
The manual method is a two-step process. First, you need to create a “Blank PST” and then merge Old Outlook PST to a new one. Let’s discuss each step one by one.
Phase 1: Create a New PST File
You can create a new blank PST file by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Open Microsoft Outlook on your computer.
- Click on “New Project” in the top menu bar.
- Now select More tasks from the list.
- After that, select the Outlook Data File option from the list.
- Now give the Outlook data file a suitable name and press OK.
- The file appears on the left as an Outlook mailbox account.
Phase 2: Move PST Files to be Merged
The next step is to transfer your already created PST files into a new one. For that, follow the below steps:
- In MS Outlook, click the File button.
- After that, Click the Open and Export and then “Import / Export”.
- In the Import and Export utility, to import from another program or file, and then hit Next.
- Select the Outlook data .pst file, and then Hit Next.
- In the next step, find the files you want to merge and check “Do not import duplicates”. Press Next.
- Select the mailbox destination folder and click “Finish” to finish importing the file.
If you have added relevant PST files in MS Outlook and want to combine Outlook files, follow the steps below.
- Select the source mailbox account and select all the emails you want.
- Drag all emails and move cursor to newly created PST file.
- Finally, unsuspend the target Outlook mailbox account. This will transfer all emails.
- Repeat this process for all the emails in the PST file you want to merge.
- This will combine all emails from two different PST files into one new file.
By following the above process, you can easily combine multiple PST files into one without duplicating any items in your mailbox. Although this method is effective, it is not suitable for all users. It can be difficult to implement for novice or non-technical users.
Limitations of the Manual Method
As mentioned above, manually merging multiple PST files in Outlook is not suitable for many users. It has several limitations that make this method unsuitable for non-technical users. We describe some of the main limitations of manual focus.
- It’s quite complicated and time consuming. You must have the necessary technical knowledge in this area.
- There is a high chance of file corruption. If you do not follow these steps properly, you may lose your mailbox products.
- This technique works if you have two or just a few PST files. However, if you have a lot of PST files, this method may not work for you.
During the manual method, you need to pay attention to all parameters that affect the composition of the file. Failure to provide the correct information may lead to undesirable results.
This makes standard methods obsolete. The best and most popular solution to merge multiple PST files is automatic
Automated Way to Merge Outlook Folders with No Duplicates Emails
The professional way to combine folders without creating duplicates is with the PST File Merger Tool. With its exceptional “remove duplicates”, it removed all the duplicates from the Outlook profile. This application furnishes an understandable interface even, though a novice user can combine two Outlook folder files easily and simply. Go to the below-mentioned steps for the complete working of the software
This application furnishes an understandable interface even, though a novice user can merge multiple archive PST files in Outlook files easily and simply. This utility allows users to combine PST files into one group by removing duplicates. It allows users to maintain the file integrity and folder structure of PST files when merging PST files. Moreover, this application is also compatible with Outlook 2021, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019, and older versions. For a complete working of the software, go through the below steps
Also Read: How to Merge Two Outlook Profiles?
Steps to Merge Outlook Folders with No Duplicates
Follow the below-mentioned steps to do the task of merging the Outlook folder with your emails, contacts & calendars, and that too without duplicates.
Step 1. Download and launch software into your PC.
Step 2. Now, you have to Add a PST file or folder.
Step 3. Here, you have to select the “Merge” tab.
Step 4. Check the Skip Duplicate Items box and select the criteria to remove duplicates.
Step 5. Click Next and get your merge Outlook folder data with no duplicates.
In this blog, we have discussed several ways to merge Outlook folders with no duplicates emails, contacts, calendar. It is solely up to the user to choose a manual or automated solution according to their requirements. But it is highly recommended to go for an automated solution, as it will save time and effort.