How to Merge Outlook Folders with No Duplicates Emails, Contacts, Calendar?
Hi, I have multiple Outlook data file (.pst) created over a long period of time. These PST files are from POP/IMAP mail accounts. As I have started working on Outlook 2019, I want them in my new system. Using many computers with different computers, now I have many folders. I do not want folders like “Inbox and Sent Items” to be merged together. Can anybody here, provide me a better solution to how should I merge Outlook folders with no duplicates.
Recently, I have configured Outlook 2016 on my PC. I have extracted all the data like emails, contacts & calendars of my previous Microsoft Outlook 2003 into many Outlook Data File (.pst). I have manually migrated some of PSTs into Outlook but there are more than 100 PST. It is becoming tedious for me now. Can anybody tell me ways to merge these PST file. So, that I can import this into my Outlook Profile in a single go.
Does the above query seem similar to you? Are you stuck in the same process? Do not worry, here in this blog, we are going to tell you an awesome solution to merge PST files without duplicates via manually or automated way.
Approaches to Merge Outlook Folders
There are two ways to merge folders in Outlook with no duplicates
Manual Solution to Merge Outlook Folders Without Duplicates
Manual method is a two step process. First, you need to create a “Blank PST” and then merge Old Outlook PST to a new one. Let’s discuss each step one by one.
Creating Blank PST
You can create new blank PST file by following the below mentioned steps:
- Launch Microsoft Outlook window, select on New Items and then go on More Items option
- After that, now hit on the Outlook Data File
- You will get a desired location option to save a new blank PST and enter the desired name
- Finally, click OK button
Now, Transfer Old PST to the New One
The next step is to transfer your already created PST files into new one. For that, follow the below steps:
Follow the below mentioned steps to do task to merge Outlook folder with your emails, contacts & calendars and that too without duplicates.
- Again open your Microsoft Outlook and go to the File menu
- Choose Open button and after that choose Import
- Now, the Import-Export Wizard will appear. Choose Import from another program or file
- Click the Next button
- Select the file type Outlook Data File (.pst) to import from
- Click Next and go to the location of the file that needs to be browsed Allow Do not import duplicates option to not to create duplicacy of emails, calendars and contacts
- In the next step, press Next button
- After that, choose which folder you want to import
- Go to the checkbox Include subfolders and Import items into the same folder
- Lastly , click on the Finish option
Automated Solution to Merge Outlook Contacts, Emails, Calendars
Professional ways to merge folders without creating duplicates is Outlook PST Merger Tool. With its exceptional “remove duplicates”, it cut all the duplicates from the Outlook profile. This application furnishes an understandable interface even, a novice user can merge two Outlook data files easily and simply. Go to the below mentioned steps for the complete working of the software.
Steps to merge Outlook folders including inbox, contacts, archive, calendars are as follows;
Step 1. Download and launch PST Merge software into your PC.
Step 2. Now, you have to Add PST file or folder.
Step 3. Here, you have to select “Merge” tab.
Step 4. Check the Skip Duplicate Items box and select criteria to remove duplicates.
Step 5. Click Next and get your merge Outlook folder data with no duplicates.
In this blog, we have discussed several ways to merge Outlook folders without duplicates. It is solely up to the user to go for the manual or automated solution according to their requirements. But it is highly recommended to go for an automated solution as it will save time and efforts.