How to Merge Outlook Folders with No Duplicates Emails, Contacts, Calendar?
Summary: If you are an Outlook user, merge Outlook folders with no duplicate emails, or contacts, and calendar them. In this article, we will discuss how to merge multiple PST files into one. In addition, we also explain the benefits of merging Outlook data files. But first, let’s look at the query on merge Outlook folders with no duplicates.
Table of Content
User Query 1: Hi, I have multiple Outlook data files (.pst) created over a long period. These PST files are from POP/IMAP mail accounts. As I have started working on Outlook 2019, I want them in my new system. Using many computers with different computers, I now have many folders. I do not want folders like “Inbox and Sent Items” to be merged. Can anybody here provide me with a better solution to how I should combine Outlook folders with no duplicates?
User Query 2: Recently, I configured Outlook 2016 on my PC. I have extracted all the data, like emails, contacts, and calendars, from my previous Microsoft Outlook 2003 into many Outlook Data Files (.pst). I have manually migrated some of the PSTs into Outlook, but there are more than 100 PSTs. It is becoming tedious for me now. Can anybody tell me how to combine these PST files? So that I can import this into my Outlook Profile in a single go.
We have received similar questions from various users. Therefore, we have covered several methods to combine Outlook PST files without duplicating mailbox items.
5 Steps to Combine Folders in Outlook
- Install and run the PST Merge Tool.
- Click Add PST File for Combine.
- Select the Target folder to save the PST file.
- Choose the Merge PST Option and Hit Next.
- After clicking Next, the process will start.
After seeing and knowing the user queries, let us move further below and try to know the solutions to solve how to merge two folders in Outlook.
Methods to Merge Outlook Folders with No Duplicates
There are several ways to combine multiple PST files. The manual method suits people with adequate technical knowledge to perform the necessary operations. On the other hand, if you are a complete beginner, a professional tool is the best option for you. Below are the methods to manually merge PST files without duplication.
Manual Approach to Combine Folders in Outlook
The manual method is a two-step process. First, you need to create a “Blank PST” and then merge the Old Outlook PST to a new one. Let’s discuss each step one by one.
Phase 1: Create a New PST File
You can create a new blank PST file by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Open Microsoft Outlook on your computer.
- Click on “New Project” in the top menu bar.
- Now select More tasks from the list to merge PST files without duplicates.
- After that, select the Outlook Data File option from the list.
- Now give the Outlook data file a suitable name and press OK.
- The file appears on the left as an Outlook mailbox account.
Phase 2: Move PST Files to be Merged
The next step is to transfer your already created PST files into a new one. For that, follow the below steps to resolve how to merge two folders in Outlook:
- In MS Outlook, click the File button to Merge Outlook Folders with No Duplicates.
- After that, Click Open and Export and then “Import / Export“.
- In the Import and Export utility, import from another program or file, and then hit Next.
- Select the Outlook data .pst file, and then Hit Next to merge PST files without duplicates.
- In the next step, find the files you want to merge and check “Do not import duplicates“. Press Next.
- Select the mailbox destination folder and click “Finish” to finish importing the file to merge Outlook folders with no duplicates.
If you have added relevant PST files in MS Outlook and want to combine Outlook files, follow the steps below to Outlook merge two folders.
- Select the source mailbox account and select all the emails you want.
- Drag all emails and move the cursor to the newly created PST file.
- Finally, unsuspend the target Outlook mailbox account. This will transfer all emails.
- Repeat this process for all the emails in the PST file if you want to combine PST files without duplicates.
- This will combine all emails from two different PST files into one new file.
By following the above process, you can easily combine multiple PST files into one without duplicating any items in your mailbox. Although this method is effective, it is not suitable for all users. It can be difficult to implement for novice or non-technical users.
Limitations of the Manual Method
As mentioned above, manually merging multiple PST files in Outlook is not suitable for many users. It has several limitations that make this method unsuitable for non-technical users. We describe some of the main limitations of manual focus.
- It’s quite complicated and time-consuming. You must have the necessary technical knowledge in this area.
- There is a high chance of file corruption. You may lose your mailbox products if you do not follow these steps properly.
- This technique works if you have two or just a few PST files. However, if you have a lot of PST files, this method may not work for you.
During the manual method, you need to pay attention to all parameters that affect the composition of the file. Failure to provide the correct information may lead to undesirable results.
This makes standard methods obsolete. The best and most popular solution to merge multiple PST files is automatic
Automated Way to merge Outlook Folders with No Duplicates
The professional way to combine folders without creating duplicates is with the PST File Merger Tool. With its exceptional “remove duplicates”, it removed all the duplicates from the Outlook profile. This application furnishes an understandable interface even, though a novice user can combine two Outlook folder files easily and. Go to the below-mentioned steps for the complete working of the software
This application furnishes an understandable interface even, though a novice user can merge multiple archive PST files in Outlook files easily. This utility allows users to combine PST files into one group by removing duplicates. It allows users to maintain the file integrity and folder structure of PST files when merging PST files. Moreover, this application is also compatible with Outlook 2021, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019, and older versions. For a complete working of the software, go through the below steps
Also Read: How to Merge Two Outlook Profiles?
Steps to Merge Outlook Folders with No Duplicates
Follow the below-mentioned steps to do the task of merging the Outlook folder with your emails, contacts & calendars, and that too without duplicates.
Step 1. Download and launch the Outlook folder Merge tool on your PC.
Step 2. Now, you have to Add a PST file or folder to combine PST files without duplicates.
Step 3. Here, you have to select the “Merge” tab to merge folders in outlook.
Step 4. Check the Skip Duplicate Items box and select the criteria to remove duplicates to merge Outlook folders with no duplicates.
Step 5. Using the Outlook folder Merge tool, Click Next and get your merge Outlook folder data with no duplicates.
In this blog, we have discussed several ways to merge Outlook folders with no duplicates of emails, contacts, or calendars. It is solely up to the user to choose a manual or automated solution according to their requirements. But it is highly recommended to go for an automated solution, as it will save time and effort to merge folders in outlook.
Frequently Asked Question
Q 1: Are there any constraints to merging Outlook folders without creating duplicates?
Ans: The amount of the data being merged, potential conflicts between items (particularly if modified), and the necessity for careful management to ensure no data loss throughout the merging process are all potential limits.
Q 2: Is it always possible to avoid duplication when combining Outlook folders manually?
Ans: No, the manual method does not always ensure that duplicates be avoided. To avoid duplicates, users must carefully select the parameters throughout the import procedure.
Q 3: Before combining folders, how can I find and eliminate duplicates in Outlook?
Ans: Outlook has capabilities for locating and removing duplicates. You can use the “Clean Up” option or “Find duplicates” feature to locate and delete duplicate items before merging folders.