While migrating to cloud, you need to first understand all the factors of why you should move and what factors are there that are better than On-Premise. After knowing it all, you can learn how to migrate data from On-Premise to Cloud.
In this blog, you will be shown the different case scenarios and respective methods to transfer your data. But before all that, we will be mentioning a few factors that will provide an explanation on why cloud migration is a great option
Also, we will be mentioning a user case study which will help you understand why users look for methods for migration from On-Premise to Cloud.
User Case Study – Microsoft Outlook was my first email client and it has been that since then. There was this time when I had to go out of town for a business deal and required some of my emails holding information that was relevant to that meeting. I had to go through the trouble of getting those messages to be printed and all. This made me realize that Cloud-based services are better as they allow users to access their data from anytime and anywhere. So I moved to cloud and never had to go through the trouble of not being able to access my data.
Let’s now check out how Cloud covers over the disadvantages of On-Premise applications.
Here, you will learn the disadvantages of On-Premise email clients and how moving to the Cloud covers them all. Later on, we will study how to migrate data from On-Premise to Cloud in different cases.
1. Increased Costs – There is a requirement of some capital in On-Premise applications in order to purchase the hardware and software along with the servers. You will have to keep purchasing the hardware and licenses for system upgrades or repairing it.
Whereas, the Cloud-based platform does not require you to spend for any of these things. All the cost is eliminated for purchasing the servers, hardware, software, or the maintenance. You just have to pay for the services that you are using eliminating all extra costs.
2. Risk of Data Loss – On-Premise platforms are prone to risk of data loss. Data being the most important part of a business, it is to be kept safe no matter what. There are various risks such as malfunction in the system, compromised system could be the cause of data loss. For this, you have to take a backup off site to always be safe.
On the other hand, users look for migration of On-Premise to Cloud is because there are no such risks on the cloud. You can be stress-free for your data as even if there is an issue in your system, your data will not suffer.
3. Ability to Scale – On-Premise services are difficult to scale quickly as per your business requirement. It is hard to get more storage space for your data as you need to first install a new hardware and build the new systems.
While the Cloud-based platforms are capable of scaling up or down as and when required. You do not have to install any hardware or anything. Just pick a plan with more storage and that’s it.
4. Huge Capital Investment – Another reason why users want to know how to migrate data from On-Premise to Cloud would be that when you are setting up On-Premise storage, the investment is quite large since you have to purchase all the hardware, software, and servers. Now, it is not an ideal situation for businesses that are trying to get up from the ground.
Since Cloud storage has none of these issues. Users are not required to pay for the hardware or any maintenance.
These are the main reasons why users want to migrate. There are many more than these that are offered by Cloud storage to the users. Now, let’s move to the section where you’ll learn the solutions to perform the migration.
There are going to be three cases where you might need to migrate your data from On-Premise clients to the Cloud-based platforms. All of these have different solutions to them that we are going to mention in the following section.
Let’s check these out and learn about the methods of each.
Most of the users are moving to the Cloud services claiming that they want universal access to their mailboxes. Exchange On-Premise doesn’t allow users to access their data from just anywhere and are also responsible for disasters that might put the data at risk.
Situations like these are not suitable which is why users have to perform the migration process for which they can use the Exchange On-Premise to Office 365 Migration Tool. This software has been designed to particularly transfer the data from Exchange mailboxes in hassle-free manner.
Following steps are how you can perform the procedure:
1. Install and Launch the Software on your Windows desktop.
2. Choose the data by applying Category and Date Filters for selective data migration.
3. Validate your Exchange and Office 365 accounts.
4. Select the fetching process and hit Start Migration.
Microsoft Outlook is an amazing and super helpful email client which has helped various users grow their businesses. But, there are users who might want to move from there to the Cloud for various reasons such as better security. Some of the users might have experienced data loss from Outlook account due to a malfunction.
Well, it is possible to move your data to Office 365 using the Outlook to Office 365 Migration Software which is capable of transferring the data in an efficient way. You do not have to worry about anything, your data will be moved in no time and successfully so that you can enjoy the benefits of the Cloud services.
Here are the instructions for the task:
1. Run the software and enter the credentials for your Office 365 accounts.
2. Select the Add File(s) option to choose the PST files.
3. Mark the Categories you want to migrate and apply filters.
4. Press the Import option to finish the procedure.
Sometimes, users store their data from their On-Premise storage to their local storage systems. In such cases, when users think of moving to the cloud, they don’t always find the perfect solutions. It is easy to migrate the data from your local storage system and save it on Cloud.
It can be done with the help of File System to Office 365 Migration Software that will find all the data from your local storage and export it to the Cloud-based platform which is Office 365.
2. Choose the files you want to migrate from your local storage.
3. Select the Import/Export File Types, Data Filtering and Include File Size while applying filters.
4. Decide the destination location of end result and hit Start to complete the process.
Cloud is a great choice for the businesses that want to grow and are constantly in need for increasing bandwidth. Most of the users have no clue how to migrate data from On-Premise to Cloud which is why we have come up with this blog mentioning how cloud benefits users more than On-Premise in growing their business.
A. There might be multiple solutions to transfer your crucial data to cloud storage. But when it comes to the best solution, opting for utilities provided by SysTools is the wise choice for enterprises.
A. If you want to move data with almost no downtime, then we would suggest you to go for automated solutions by SysTools. These utilities are specially developed to make sure that your entire data is migrated without any trouble.
A. There are a lot of benefits of cloud migration and some of them are listed below:
1. Faster Deployment Time
2. Improved Security Features
3. Fewer Infrastructure Complexities
4. Single Dashboard for All Services
5. Enhanced Flexibility and Collaboration
6. Cost Efficient