How to Recover Deleted Files from Partitioned Hard Drive? Easy Guide
A hard drive is used as a storage medium in a computer and can save a huge amount of data. Since there are two partitions, users can choose to store data in any of the two. All the data stored is prone to damage, the risk of data loss, etc., which is why it is important to know how to recover deleted files from partitioned hard drives.
Now, while saving data, the partitions used by the hard drive are NTFS and FAT partitions. In case some files are accidentally deleted or lost, the data items are not shown by the computer system during any process. These days, people completely rely on the hard drive for storing their bulk and important data. So, it becomes a serious problem when data gets lost from the partition. It may also corrupt the NTFS and FAT partitions of the hard drive. Most of the people who have faced this type of problem are looking to recover data from formatted hard disk partitions.
Therefore, in this article, we will provide you with in-depth details on the solutions to get the data back from the partitions of the hard drive, such as NTFS and FAT.
Common Reasons for Partition Loss or Deletion
- Accidental Deletion: When you try to delete a specific partition, the entire volume may be accidentally deleted.
- Partition Table Damage: The partition table can become corrupted due to viruses or improper disk operations, resulting in the loss of the partition.
- Power Outage: A sudden power outage can make partitions inaccessible.
- Bad Sectors: If a partition has bad sectors, the computer will not recognize the partition.
- Update: The update changes the hard drive.
- Repartitioning Partitions: When you repartition your hard drive, all existing partitions are deleted.
Recover Deleted Files from Partitioned Hard Drive – Manually
There are various ways to recover deleted hard disk partition. Some of the best methods are discussed in this post:
# 1: With the Help of Recycle Bin
If you have deleted some files recently, then they will be moved into the recycle bin folder. Deleted files or folders appear in the recycle bin with its original folder, content, date and time, etc. Find out how to recover data from partitioned hard drive by following these steps:
- First of all, double–click on the Recycle Bin icon to open it.
- Then, locate and select the files or folders that you want to recover.
- After that, either right–click or tap-and-hold on the selection and choose the Restore option.
- Finally, lost data has been recovered from the recycle bin and returned to its original location.
# 2:Recover Data from Formatted Hard Disk Partition via CMD
You can recover deleted or lost files from the NTFS partition as well as from the FAT partition with the help of the command prompt. However, the command prompt can be used to perform some specific kind of recovery that includes:
File Recovery from Corrupted partitions
Perform the following steps to recover data from corrupted partitions:
- First of all, connect your hard disk or drive to your computer system.
- Now, go to the Start menu, type “cmd” in the search bar, and press the Enter key.
- In this step, enter “chkdsk drive letter:/r/f” in the command window.
- After following these steps, you can recover data from a formatted hard disk partition.
Recover Data from RAW Drive
With the help of a command prompt, you can also recover deleted partition data. This process is used for both FAT and NTFS hard drive partition recovery.
1. First, plug in your hard drive into your computer system.
2. To begin the process, go to the Start menu and type “cmd.” Then, press the Enter key.
3. Then, enter “diskpart” and hit the Enter key.
4. After that, type “Rescan” and press the Enter key again.
5. Finally, your file is successfully recovered.
Best Solution to Recover Deleted Files from Partitioned Hard Drive
If none of the above-mentioned methods work, then you should try to opt for a reliable method like PCVITA Hard Disk Recovery Software. This application is completely able to repair all corrupted or formatted partitions, such as GPT, MBR, NTFS, FAT32 and FAT36, on the Windows operating system.
It provides scan and formatted partition data recovery options to detect and recover formatted files from external hard drive, such as documents, audio files, videos, etc. Moreover, the tool to recover a deleted hard drive partition is compatible with all versions of Windows, like Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7, etc.
Few Easy Steps to Recover Files from Deleted Partition
Follow the given steps to get your files recovered:
1: Download the software and choose the partition to recover data from.
2: Display the data and choose the scanning option: Scan or Formatted Scan.
3: Preview the recovered files and choose the destination location.
Step 4: Click on the Save button to complete the task.
Additional Tips for Recovering Deleted Partitions
- When users make the mistake of accidentally deleting a partition, the biggest challenge is recovering data from the lost partition. Remember the tips below for successful partitioning and data recovery.
- If you have everything you want, don’t try anything new. Experimenting with hard drives reduces the chances of recovering data and partitions.
- Do not create a partition table on the remote partition.
- Be sure to try reliable methods for recovering lost partitions. If you don’t do everything right, the situation can get worse.
Data can be lost from a hard drive partition at any time for any reason. So, it is advised to take a backup of hard drive data at a regular interval of time. If you have not taken a backup, then do not worry. In this post, we have discussed some techniques that explain how to recover deleted files from partitioned hard drive. Using data recovery software is the best way to retrieve and restore data from both NTFS and FAT partitions.
Frequently Asked Question by Users
Q: How to recover data from deleted partition in Windows 10?
Here’s how to recover data from a deleted partition on a Windows 11, 10, 8, 7:
- Download the tool.
- Select the device you want to recover and select the scan options.
- Preview the entire data in the selected folder
- Choose the data files you want to recover and click Save.
- Select the destination and export successfully
Q: Can I restore a deleted partition from an external hard drive?
Yes, this utility also supports partition recovery from external hard drives. However, to avoid overwriting deleted files, you must stop using the hard drive.