Import VCF to Hotmail Using the Methods From The Updated Guide
Summary: There are multiple users, looking for a solution to import VCF to Hotmail. Due to the multiple numbers of queries, we provide you with the best solution to easily resolve this problem. CSV, Comma Separated Value, file format Value, and file format stores contacts in rows and columns so that it is easy for you to understand what is written.
In this guide, you will get the proper explanation to import VCF Contacts to Hotmail following only a few steps that we will explain in detail later. There are two stages to import contact files to Outlook.com that include first saving the VCF files in Excel format to your local computer & then uploading them to the Outlook.com/Hotmail account.
There are two methods for the first stage. Let’s learn briefly about these two solutions and how these work. Then you will find how to upload the converted file to Outlook.com.
Stages to Import VCF to Hotmail
The two stages to save your VCF contact files into Outlook.com include conversion in the first stage. For this conversion, we have two methods that you can use.
The workaround that we have here works pretty well and is an amazing solution bit is a lengthy process. There is a lot of steps that you will have to go through to convert. On the other hand, proficient solutions make the conversion part easy.
Stage 1 – Workaround to Convert VCF to Hotmail
Perform the steps as follows:
Note: First you will have to export your contacts to your computer and then convert them to the most compatible file format.
- Go to “File Explorer” on your computer and choose the “Contacts” folder.
- Click on “Import” visible at the top of the page.
- Now, select the “vCard” (VCF File) option and hit “Import”.
- Browse for the contacts that you have saved in your computer, choose the .vcf file and click “Open”.
- Click OK for every contact you want to convert as Excel supported file to import VCF to Hotmail.
- Once done, select the “Close” button.
- Now, you will find “Export” at the top of the File Explorer page.
- Select the file type as “CSV file” and hit “Export”.
- After that, choose the “Browse” option and enter a name for your resultant file.
- Input a name for your .csv file in the “File Name” field.
- Finally, select all the fields that you desire to export as Excel file format and hit “Finish”.
This is how you can perform the task but this is a tedious process. Check out the other method.
Proficient Solution to Convert VCF to Hotmail
In this section, you will know about the easiest solution which helps you out through this situation. This method makes it all easy for you to perform the conversion process. When you go looking for a converter tool to export VCF to CSV file format, you will find many tools but you won’t be certain which is the best.
To ease this situation for you, we have brought here the vCard Converter Software that can convert multiple vCard files to your desired format. This wizard is compatible with converting vCard 2.1, 3.0, and 4.0 to required file format. Find out this tool helps to import VCF to Hotmail.
Working Steps of the Tool
- Start the process by uploading the file you want. Choose two of these options:
Add File – to add one contact file to convert.
Add Folder – to add a folder containing multiple VCF files
- Click the radio button for Google CSV and press the browse button.
- Click the “OK” button in the software user interface.
- Click the Export button to move vCard to google CSV format.
- In a few clicks, you have performed the conversion successfully.
Stage 2 – Steps for Converting VCF to Hotmail
Follow the steps to upload the converted file to Outlook.com/Hotmail:
- Go to any browser, open Outlook.com or Hotmail, and log in to your account.
- Choose the “People” icon and the “Contact” tab will open up.
- Now, hit the “Manage” button and a drop-down will appear.
- Choose the “Import Contacts” option from the drop-down menu.
- After that, navigate the Converted file to upload in the Import Contacts window.
- Hit “Import” once the file is uploaded.
You have successfully performed the task to import VCF to Hotmail.
Read More: Import VCF Contacts to Outlook
This Will Be the Last Say
As we all know, CSV is the only readable file format, it is the best option to save contacts into. Since there are no other file formats that are supported in Hotmail while importing contacts, users have no choice but to convert them to the files it supports (.csv). For the conversion, there are two methods, one being a longer and more time-consuming solution. The other is an automated -a tool that makes the process easy to import VCF to Hotmail. User the best solution for a quick conversion with no hassles and full security.