How to Merge Multiple Archive PST Files in Outlook?
Archiving is the process to store data for future use. And when it comes to the terms of Outlook, then Outlook provides its own features to archive the Outlook data file or Outlook PST file. Now, the archiving process is a very important process and you can easily do this but merging the Outlook archive file is quite difficult. And if you start finding the process to merge multiple archive PST files in Outlook, then barely you will find the process to complete this task.
But before going towards the process to merge the archive Outlook data file, let’s talk about the need of merging the Outlook archiving.pst file.
Table of Content
Why Need to Merge Multiple Archive PST Files?
There are multiple users who archive PST files, but when it comes to terms of merging the Outlook archive file, then are various reasons for the same.
- The very first reason is after merging the files access to data is quite easy and you can easily access them.
- Merging the archive PST file is help to save space.
- Now, after knowing the reasons for the Outlook data the question is how to complete this task without losing the data items.
Solution to Merge Multiple Archive PST Files in Outlook
If you are searching for the manual method to merge the Outlook archive file, then before trying the manual method have a look at the automated tool. PCVITA PST Merger Tool is the tool that provides you the option to archive the PST file easily.
The tool comes with a specific feature that gives you the unique option to merge Outlook folders without duplicates emails, Along with this, the tool gives the option to merge network PST files or corrupted PST files. Including this the software support UNICODE and ANSI PST into a single PST file.
As we said the comes with some amazing features and here in this section, we are going to discuss some of the major ones.
- Facilitated the option to merge and join multiple PST files.
- Merge Archive, password-protected, active, and network PST files.
- Option to remove duplicate data items from PST file.
- It Support UNICODE and ANSI PST files.
- Merge two Outlook profiles into New PST File, Existing PST File, and Outlook Profile
Working Steps of the Software
- Download the tool on your machine and once it is completed install the tool.
- Choose the Add Files or Add Folder option to add the archive PST file.
- Select the Merge option to merge the archive PST file.
- Select the Merge All Folders option.
5. Choose the Merge in Existing PST file option.
6. After this choose the destination folder to save the Outlook.
7. Now, select the Data Items Types that you want to merge.
8. After all this click on the Skip Duplicate Items option to remove the duplicate from the resultant file.
9. At last click on the Next button to start the merging task.
Method Method to Merge Multiple Archive PST Files in Outlook
Since you want to combine two different PST files, it is recommended to create a master PST file. After creating a new PST file, you can easily copy the contents of the compressed file into it. After creating a new PST file, follow the steps below to copy the contents of the file into it.
Note: This method allows you to change the folder structure or combine folders with similar themes but different names.
- The first thing to do is connect one of your PST files to Outlook. To achieve this,
- Go to the File Option in MS Outlook and Choose Open.
- Then click Open Outlook Data File and select the file to open.
- Then copy the contents of this file and paste them into the new main PST file. You can also copy content from one PST to another by dragging and dropping.
Delete the original Outlook PST file after copying the data to the main PST file. PST files can be deleted in the following ways:
- Go to the File tab and select Account Settings.
- Click a data file in the window that opens. Select the appropriate Outlook file and click Remove.
- This method is a bit difficult for non-technical people as it creates and deletes the PST file multiple times. Therefore, you can try an easy way to merge two PST files.
Method 2: Use the Outlook Import/Export Feature
The import/export method is the easier option if you want to merge the compressed file directly into an existing Outlook PST file. To accomplish this task, follow the steps below.
- Open Outlook. Go to the File tab and select Open and Export.
- In the Open Export Wizard, select Import/Export Options. A new windows will appear on the screen.
- Select Import from another application and click Next.
- In the next step, copy the Outlook Data File (.pst) and Hit Next.
- Then go to the file and open it in Outlook. Click the Do Not Import Duplicates and hit Next.
- In the next step, select the Include subfolders checkbox. Select Import items into the same folder and click Done. The archive file was merged with the existing PST file in Outlook.
Limitations of the Manual Method
- The very first limitation of the above method is it only applicable when you have opened one PST file in Outlook.
- It only merges two Archive PST files at a time.
- Using the above process you may lose the data integrity after the merging process.
Now, to avoid this limitation most professionals advise users to go with automated tools. And the tool we have mentioned in this write-up is one of the most trusted tools by professionals because of the features it provides.
Well, it’s time to wrap up the write-up, so if you looking for a solution to merge multiple archive PST files in Outlook, then go through the blog and choose the right solution for your need. Or if you want to try the tool, then download the demo of the tool to test the features.