Data migration is never been an easy task for users of Microsoft 365, to make it easier, in this article we will provide you the best and automated solution to move files between OneDrive for business accounts. Just follow these simple instructions to accomplish the task with 100% data security and integrity.
We will use a third-party professional and reliable tool, that will automate all the manual and technical steps, and hence it will provide you a seamless and error-free data transfer experience.
We suggest OneDrive to OneDrive Migration Tool, a tried and tested, most reliable software for various types of data migration projects in Microsoft 365. This software ensures maximum user data protection and keeps the data intact throughout the whole process.
Step 1: In the very first step, you need to download this software, and run it, on your computer. Now a window will open and you have to select Office 365 as the source and the destination migration platform.
Step 2: This is a powerful software, integrated with modern features that make it capable of carrying out various types of data migration projects in Microsoft 365. Hence, in order to move files between OneDrive for business accounts, you need to check the migrate document box and also enable document permissions.
Note: Date-Based filter a remarkable feature integrated into this software for users to migrate selective data according to the desired date range.
Step 3: Now in this step you need to log in with the source and the destination credentials of Admin ID & Application ID and then click on the validate button. This step will validate the required permissions. Then Click Next.
Step 4: In this step, you have to create user group mapping, and you can create it by using any of these three options integrated into this software i.e, Fetch Users, Import Users, and Download Template.
Step 5: After creating user group mapping click on the validate button, then it will automatically validate the associated required permissions.
Step 6: Now you have done all the required steps, just click on the start migration button, the software will automatically copy files between OneDrive for business accounts.
1. It preserves the document versions, hierarchy, and integrity of data throughout the whole process.
2. It provides a date-based filter for selective data migration according to the date range.
3. It comes with an option to prioritize the user accounts to migrate first.
4. It comes with three different types of Re-Run migration options, that enable users to migrate all the documents without creating duplicates.
5. It is a powerful software that can take place in multiple types of migration projects in Microsoft 365, including Mailbox migration, Shared mailbox migration, OneDrive migration, and many more.
We can consider a manual download and upload of required data from the source account to the destination OneDrive account in order to move files between OneDrive for business accounts.
1. Log in to your source OneDrive account with the username and associated password.
2. Now select the required documents folders and files and download and make a copy of these on your computer.
3. Now log in to your destination OneDrive account and upload all the downloaded data to this account. Perform this same procedure for all the OneDrive user accounts.
There are many limitations associated with the manual approach and therefore we have provided you the most appreciated solution to copy files between OneDrive for business accounts.
These are only a few benefits, that make it a one-stop solution for the users seeking to move files between OneDrive for business accounts in Microsoft 365.
You can try this software by yourself for free by availing yourself of the free demo version. You can get a demo version by downloading and activating the software.
In this smart guided article, we have shown you, how you can move files between OneDrive for business accounts in Microsoft 365, without putting yourself in a cumbersome situation by following the manual approach. However, the manual method may come into use, when the user has the limited data to be migrated.
Other than this, it is always advised to use the professional automated tool for this operation. Hence, by using the above-mentioned tool, users can make this tedious process into simple steps in order to carry out the whole migration.