A Complete Guide to Open NSF File in Thunderbird Securely
Summary: Deliberating about the best way to open NSF file in Thunderbird? Don’t worry we have got you! In this article get more information about the specific topic and get the prominent solution to resolve this query for good. Let’s begin!
Speaking of Lotus Notes is and server-based email application and is utilized by multiple organizations to manage tasks including messaging, contacts, calendars, maintaining and managing the to-do list, and so on. Honestly speaking, it is impossible to directly open NSF file in Thunderbird. As Mozilla does not support NSF file format, by default it uses MBOX format.
Thus, to complete this task users have to first convert their Lotus Notes emails to MBOX and then import that MBOX file into Thunderbird and voila you are done.
Why Do Users Want to Convert Lotus Notes to MBOX Format?
- When you compare both applications side by side, you see that IBM Notes is much more complex and requires some type of technical assistance. This reason is enough to make anyone switch to a more easy-going email client such as Thunderbird to handle their day-to-day tasks.
- Aside from the technicalities, cost always plays an important role. If you are using the Lotus Notes email application, then you must be familiar with financial management. Whereas, Thunderbird is a cost-free client and you can configure multiple accounts as well.
- With that being said, the strong file algorithm of IBM Notes makes it almost impossible to open the NSF files into any other email client except Lotus Notes.
Now, that we know about the main reasons why users want to open NSF file in Thunderbird. As we have explained that it is directly impossible for any user to open their Lotus Notes NSF files in Mozilla.
So, what can we do?
After searching continuously on the internet we have found the perfect solution by which users can open NSF file in Thunderbird,
Let’s take a look at the perfect solution.
Also Read:- How to Read NSF Files on Mac?
A Perfect solution to Convert Lotus Notes NSF to Thunderbird
As we have explained earlier, there is no direct method to open NSF file in Thunderbird. That is why the best way to resolve this query is by using an Automated Solution.
Upon searching, we found multiple third-party applications that can help users to solve this issue completely. But, after taking a look at all the solutions side by side we highly advise you to opt for the NSF Converter Software.
By using this utility users will be able to convert IBM Notes to MBOX format in a hassle-free manner. Moreover, with this software users will be able to export the NSF emails, contacts as well as calendars, tasks, notes, and journals to multiple saving formats such as EML, PDF, HTML, TXT, MBOX, ICS, CSV, MSG and so on.
How to Open NSF File in Thunderbird – Step-by-Step Guide
Follow the below-listed steps to complete this task:-
1. To start, Install and Launch this NSF to MBOX Converter on your Windows machine.
2. Now, upload NSF files by selecting Add File or Folder(s) option.
3. Then, choose the MBOX option from the Export option.
4. In the next step, you will be able to select the items from the choose categories option.
5. Select the Advance conversion option according to your requirement.
6. Browse to the destination path to save your resultant file.
7. In the end, Hit on the Export option and wait for the confirmation message.
8. After successfully completing the procedure, import the MBOX file to Thunderbird to open NSF file in Thunderbird.
Extraordinary Features of the NSF Converter Tool
- Provides multiple export options to convert NSF files into MSG, PDF, HTML, MBOX, EML, vCard, ICS, HTML, CSV, TXT, and so on.
- It imposes no file size restriction to export any size of the NSF files in batch
- This tool supports the conversion of All Documents Folder Without Limitation
- Other than that, it maintains Doc link, Internet Header, and HTML Formatting
- Option to export only selective items by simply using the Date Filter
- Directly convert Domino Mailboxes directly from the Domino Server
- This application is capable of exporting all the versions of vCard version: 2.1, 3.0, & 4.0
This article explains the best solution to resolve the most asked query on the internet “Open NSF File in Thunderbird”. As explained there is no direct method that can possibly convert an NSF file into MBOX. That is why the only way left is by using a third-party solution for a secure and safe conversion.
In short, Download the tool mentioned in this blog to safely open NSF file in Thunderbird without any sort of interruption.