The A – Z Guide on How to Read NSF Files on Mac
Are you switching from Windows Lotus Notes to a Mac environment and want to export all your Lotus Notes emails to Mac, then here in this blog we will going to elaborate the best method on how to open and read NSF files on Mac. So keep reading the blog and resolve your query without any hassle.
If we talk about the NSF file format, then it is a file format that is used by Lotus Notes to save it emails, contacts, calendar, task, and other data. Basically, Lotus Notes is an enterprise-level email client software that is a very popular email client because of its feature.
On the other hand, most Mac users use Mac Mail to full fill all their email needs, because it comes preinstalled with Mac and users don’t have to spend any amount of money to use this email client. Mac Mail, which is also known as Apple Mail is a very simple and feature-rich email client hence, many Mac users preferred Mac Mail if they are moved from Windows environment to Mac.
Reasons for this Conversion
- As we said earlier if a user switching from Windows Lotus Notes to Mac Apple Mail then they need this conversion because both the email clients support different file formats.
- Lotus Notes has a complex user interface, due to that many users require technical expertise. And a novice user can not properly handle it.
- Lotus Notes discourages using multiple accounts simultaneously. If the users require to use another account, at the same time, then they need to separately login to the account. And in Mac Mail, you can use multiple accounts at the same time.
Challenges to Read NSF Files on Mac
Since we know that Lotus Notes create NSF file, and Mac Mail supports MBOX file format. And due to this file compatibility issue users can not directly access the Lotus Notes NSF file directly to Mac Mail.
After the file compatibility issue, there is also another challenge faced by the users is that there is no conversion possess. Basically, in simple language there no manual method available that help to users to convert NSF file to MBOX so they can read NSF file in Mac.
How to Convert Lotus Notes to NSF File to Mac MBOX?
Now, we know that there is no manual method available that convert Lotus Notes data to MBOX so that you can read NSF files on Mac, then it is time to rejoice. Because here in this section we are going to introduce one of the best-automated method that helps you to complete this task without any hassle. PCVITA NSF Converter is the most searched software that gives you an option to convert NSF files into three file formats such as EML, MSG, and MBOX.
The tool has two options to add NSF files so there are no limitations of file and file numbers. This tool comes with advanced features such as the capability to maintain data integrity, preserve folder hierarchy, Mailbox metadata internet header, and many others. Along with email one can convert contacts and calendar data too with the help of this tool.
Steps to Read NSF Files on Mac Using Tool
# Step1: Convert NSF to MBOX Using Tool
1. Download the software from the above download button
2. Now, simply install the software and open it on your machine
3. Select NSF File(s) radio button and click on the Add File(s) or Add folder to add the NSF file
4. You can also add NSF file directly from the Domino Server just simply enter the valid IP Address and Password
5. Select the MBOX radio button from Export Option
6. After that Select Categories option such as Email, Contacts, and Candalers
7. Under Advanced Conversion Options choose the settings as per your requirement
8. Provide the destination path to save the MBOX file
9. After all the settings, click on the Export button to initiate the process
#Step 2: Import MBOX to Mac Mail
First, launch Mac Mail and then click on the File option
Select the Import Mailboxes option from the drop-down menu
Now, choose the MBOX format option then click on the Continue
Once the process is done you can easily read NSF files on Mac
Prominent Features of the Tool
- The tool is capable to convert multiple NSF files at bulk
- Facilitated option to preserve Folder Hierarchy, Internet Header, and Docklink during the conversion
- Easily and straightforward user interface from both technical and non-technical users
- Provide Naming Convention option to save file resultant
- Option to convert a canonical name to the SMTP email address
- Supported with all version of Lotus Notes and Windows Operating System
There are many users who want to read NSF files on Mac, but due to limitations users are not able to complete this task. Therefore, here in this write-up, we have discussed the best-automated way to convert Lotus Notes NSF to MBOX so that you can open all your Lotus Notes emails to Mac Mail easily.