Resolve “Outlook AutoComplete not Working” Issue
Many Working Professional users want to fix “Outlook autocomplete not working issue”. If you are one of them, then you can now stop searching solution for this problem. In this article, we will discuss how users can perform this task easily.
If you have utilized Outlook for years, then your autocomplete database could be huge if it suddenly stops working. Also, it becomes a real pain to email, anyone! There are times when autocomplete stops working because of problems with the PST file and other times it’s because of upgrading to a newer version of Outlook from prior versions.
Users may have run into some problems where the autocomplete will work within one session of Outlook, but when you close it again then all of your entries are gone. In this blog, We’ll go through a few techniques that we have learned over the past years to fix the Outlook autocomplete not working problem.
Method 1. Repair PST File
The real issue when Outlook autocompletes is not working is the PST file. However, the first thing to try is to repair the PST file and see if the autocomplete entries come back or stop resetting. Users can however do this by simply the following location on Windows 64-bit and running the scanpst.exe file.
One thing to note is that the path may be different depending on your version of the office. For instance, if you are running a 64-bit version of office and a newer version, then the path could be:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15
The recent versions of Office may store the file in the following location:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16
Hit on the browse and navigate to the PST file. If it’s in the default location, browse to
C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook. It should be called Outlook.pst by default.
If you see that the repair tool fixed some problems with the PST file, then you’ll be lucky and the autocomplete should be working fine again.
# 2. Import NK2 File
All versions of Outlook before 2010 generally store this name/email information in a file with an NK2 file extension. MS Outlook 2010 stores it quite differently and therefore users have to import this file. Therefore, you can find the file in the following location for Outlook 2003/2007 running Windows 2000 or XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook
For Outlook 2003/2007 running Windows Vista or 7:
To import the NK2 file into Outlook 2010, you need to make sure the NK2 file is located in this directory:
Click on the Start button and type run and in the open dialog box, type in the following command:
This however should import the name cache from an older version of Outlook into Outlook 2010.
#3. Empty the AutoComplete Cache
To solve the “Outlook autocomplete not working” issue, users have to clear out the Autocomplete cache. If everything, is gone already then this won’t matter. Here follow the below-mentioned steps:-
- To clear the cache, navigate to the File tab and click on the options tab. After that, hit on the Mail option and scroll down to the send mail section.
- Hit on the Empty Autocomplete list button. It is also a good idea to uncheck the use auto-complete list to suggest names when typing in the To, CC, and Bcc lines box.
- Exist out of Outlook and after that re-check the box. Try typing in a few email addresses and then exist Outlook and open it again and see if the names are still there.
#4. Rename the RoamCache
Users can also completely get rid of their current cache and start from scratch, which might be the only way to get the problem to go away. You simply have to rename the RoamCache folder to something else and Outlook will create a new one when you start up your program again.
For Windows Vista & 7:
For Windows 2000 & XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\RoamCache
#5. Try a Professional Solution
It is better to opt for an Automated solution to resolve the “Outlook autocomplete not working” error. There are multiple third-party solutions that users can utilize for performing this task. The Outlook AutoComplete Recovery Software allows users to export their cached contacts into multiple file formats such as PST, PDF, MSG, HTML, vCard, CSV, Google CSV, and so on. However, it works efficiently and effectively with all the Mac and Windows operating systems.
Steps to Fix “Outlook AutoComplete not Working” Issue
Follow these below-listed steps:-
1. To start, Download and Run this tool on your operating system.
2. After that, add your NK2 files into the software panel.
3. With this tool, users can easily view their files before the procedure.
4. Next, choose the Export option and choose PST as your saving format from the list.
Key Aspects of Outlook AutoComplete Recovery Software
- This software is capable of handling huge NK2 or DAT files.
- Along with that, this tool can easily repair cached contacts files of 2000, 2002, and 2007 Outlook and can import them into all the versions of MS Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016, and 2019.
- Furthermore, it also arranges AutoComplete email addresses of NK2/ DAT files in alphabetical order.
- It works efficiently and effectively with all the recent and prior versions of both Windows and Mac operating systems.
- Users can easily save their Outlook cached contacts from corrupt NK2 and DAT files as PST, MSG, CSV, Google CSV, Vcard, PDF, and so on.
Also Read:- How to Export AutoComplete Email Addresses Outlook?
In this following blog, we have discussed about how users can resolve Outlook autocomplete not working issue. For this, we have also mentioned both manual and professional solutions. Users can however choose any method to perform this task.