Rackspace Email Backup Techniques [Manual & Professional]
Rackspace technology offers the facility for its users to access their emails from anywhere and enjoy IMAP access on any device. However, users are understanding the importance of taking frequent backups to safeguard their important emails. Hence, searching for various Rackspace email backup techniques to secure their crucial emails and save them to the computer.
And, if you too want to know a reliable solution for taking the backup then keep on reading this blog post. Here, you will find dual methods to download Rackspace emails locally into multiple commonly used file extensions.
Many computer users want to backup their emails for several reasons. And, why not? After getting Rackspace emails locally, users can easily import downloaded emails on the choice email client. So, without further ado, let’s discuss the techniques so that you can backup Rackspace email for creating extra copies.
Why Do Users Want to Download Rackspace Emails?
Rackspace provides a maximum of 25 GB of storage space. And, once it reaches its full capacity, messages sent to the mailbox will bounce. Hence, to create more space and receive new emails, it’s convenient for the users to take a backup of their old emails and delete the same.
Not just for individuals, backup Rackspace email prove to be helpful for digital crime investigators aka forensic investigators. Some forensic experts may need to investigate Rackspace email accounts. After, completing the investigation process, and having the evidence in a portable file format, say, PDF would be very helpful in submitting evidence in court.
But, the question is, can you take a backup of emails from Rackspace and export them in PDF format? Moreover, is there any solution present that supports Mac OS as well? Well, you can find the answers to these questions in the next section.
Rackspace Email Backup Tool for Mac OS – Professional Method
This is the allrounder solution that can not only let you export the Rackspace emails in PDF format but also is compatible with Mac devices. The name of the solution is IMAP Backup Tool by PCVITA. It is an expert-recommended tool to download emails locally. This tool supports the latest Mac OS versions to backup Rackspace email into several standard file extensions.
This tool can be installed on Mac OS Ventura, Monterey, Big Sur, Catalina, Mojave, High Sierra, Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks, Mountain Lion, etc.
Furthermore, the tool is available with a free demo version which allows downloading 100 emails from Rackspace to any available file extensions. Thus, it is most beneficial for checking its working capabilities before upgrading to pro.
How to Download Rackspace Email Using Software?
- Launch Rackspace Backup Tool on MacBook and iMac Computer. Select Rackspace as the email source and fill account login details.
- Thereafter, the software will preview all Rackspace email folders in the software UI. Choose the required folders and select a saving option from PST, MBOX, EML, EMLX, MSG, PDF, HTML, TXT, etc.
- Browse the destination path to perform Rackspace email backup. Click on the Start Backup button to continue.
- Lastly, go to the destination path and get downloaded Rackspace emails.
Software Features & Benefits
- Download Rackspace email into various file formats i.e. *.pst, *.msg, *.eml, *.emlx, *.mbox, *.pdf, *.txt, and *.html.
- The professional tool allows users to backup emails only from selected folders.
- The software offers multiple advanced filter options to maintain folder hierarchy, delete emails after download, download between dates, etc.
- This application provides multiple file naming options to manage downloaded emails and documents.
- Users can back up all Rackspace emails from the whole account including all folders at once instantly.
Read Also – Technique to Transfer BT Mail to Outlook Desktop
Rackspace Email Backup- Know Manual Technique
- Log in to the Rackspace email account on your Mac device.
- Open a Rackspace email that you want to back up.
- Choose the dot icon and choose download message.
- Get the downloaded message from the download folder.
Limitations: This technique is able to backup Rackspace email one by one in .eml file extension. Hence, it is a time-consuming method that will take a lot of time.
- Download and install the freeware Thunderbird email client.
- Configure the Rackspace email account with Thunderbird.
- Now, you can see Rackspace folders in Thunderbird.
- Set up ImportExportTools NG Add-Ons on Thunderbird.
- Right-click on the email folder and export it in MBOX format.
- Repeat these steps for downloading another Rackspace folder.
Limitations: This manual method requires technical knowledge of email account configuration, add-ons, and export processes. Even this is a lengthy process and Rackspace email backup can be taken into only MBOX format.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1 – Can I install Rackspace Backup Tool on the latest Ventura macOS?
A – Yes, the tool is compatible with all the latest macOS editions such as Ventura, Monterey, Big Sur, Catalina, Mojave, High Sierra, Sierra, etc.
Q 2 – Can I run the software on Windows 11 OS computer?
A – No, currently Rackspace email backup tool is available only for Mac OS users. Although, our developers will launch its separate version for Windows OS users soon so stay connected.
Q 3 – Does your software keep attachments while taking the backup?
A – Yes, all email attachments and components will be maintained during downloading Rackspace email messages.
Similar Solution – Reliable Way to Migrate SquirrelMail to Gmail
Above, we have explained dual methods for downloading Rackspace email backup locally. You can choose any technique according to your convenience for downloading Rackspace emails. However, manual processes come with some limitations. Thus, if you are a professional user then we recommend using the above-suggested application.