Recover Table Data and Schema from Corrupt SQL Database
Summary: Do you want to recover table data and schema from corrupt SQL Database? If your answer is yes! Then do not need to worry, in this write-up we will show you some simple approaches using which you can recover corrupt SQL database in just a few minutes.
Data corruption is the most common problem that affects the day-to-day activity of a SQL Server user or a DBA. Almost all the organization use Microsoft SQL Server to store and manage their important data. It stores all the data in MDF, NDF, and LDF files.
However, due to some unpredictable situations, SQL database files become corrupted and users are unable to access their data. So it will be very effective to discuss, how to recover table data and schema from corrupt SQL database in the most efficient way.
There are many users who search for the solution to queries like:
- How to repair corrupted SQL Server database?
- How to recover corrupted data file of SQL Server?
- How to recover table data from corrupt MDF files?
- Is there any way to recover a damaged and inaccessible Database in SQL Server?
There are numerous reasons that lead to data corruption and can occur at any point of time as corruption is always uninvited. Therefore in this write-up, we will disclose some simple and effective approaches to recover table data and schema from corrupt SQL database.
So, let’s get started by taking a quick glance at the factors that are responsible for the MDF file corruption.
Root Causes of Database Corruption
1. Precipitous System Shutdown: Precipitous shutdown or sudden power failure that unexpectedly turns off the system, may increase the chances of MDF file corruption.
2. Virus attacks: It is one of the most common reason for SQL Server database corruption.
3. Hard disk failure: If the system’s hard disk failed or there are bad sectors on it where MDF files are stored, then there are high chances of corruption.
4. Bugs: If there are bugs in the SQL database then these bugs can damage the whole database.
Now, let’s begin with the solutions,
How to Recover Table Data and Schema from Corrupt SQL Database
Method #1. Recover corrupt database with DBCC CHECKDB
Although, this is not an effective method to recover table data and schema from corrupt SQL database. But it can look for the minor issues in the database. For this, you need to run the command on the corrupt SQL database.
The command will run and in the given result, you need to check the index ID.
• If Index ID>1, then skip the command and run it again.
• If Index ID is either 0 or 1, then run the command again with the help of appropriate functions like repair_rebuild, repair_fast, repair_allow_data_loss.
The syntax to run the commands is-
DBCC CHECK (name of corrupt database, repair_fast)
DBCC CHECK (name of corrupt database, repair_rebuild)
DBCC CHECK (name of corrupt database, repair_allow_data_loss)
Method #2. Recover Corrupt Table Schema and Data Using Backup File
Follow the step to restore the table schema and data from the .bak file of SQL Server:
- Open SQL Server Management Studio and right-click on the Databases folder then select the Restore Database option.
- Check the radio button corresponding to From device.
- Click on File then Add button.
- Type or select a name of the database to restore the table data and schema.
- Now, your table data and schema is restored successfully and a confirmation message will pop up. Simply press the OK button.
Also Read: How to Transfer Table From One Database to Another?
Method #3. Recover Corrupted Table Schema and Data Using an Expert Solution
The manual solutions do not work in all scenarios and not always safe to recover table data and schema from corrupt SQL Database. There is no guarantee for successful database recovery and it also has some limitations such as requires technical knowledge, time-consuming process, and high chances of data loss.
To overcome all these problems, it is highly recommended to use PCVITA SQL Database Recovery Software. It is a marvelous program that enables users to recover table data and schema from corrupt SQL Database without any technical knowledge. With this tool, users can also recover deleted records and other database objects easily. It comes with a simple user interface so that a complete novice can also use this utility with great ease. Moreover, this software is compatible with all Microsoft SQL Server versions like 2019, 2017, 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008, and below.
Now, follow the steps to repair corrupted data from MDF files:
1. Download and Run the SQL Recovery Tool in your system.
2. Click the Open button to add corrupted MDF file.
3. Choose any Scan Option Quick or Advanced, also select the SQL Server version of MDF file and then hit OK.
4. Once the file scanned successfully, preview the recovered database and click on the Export button.
6. Fill all the export details and select only required tables from Export Window.
5. To export the recovered data select either With only Schema or With Schema and Data option and finally, hit the Export button.
Advantages of using Automated Solution
Fast- It is fast due to advanced algorithms and the internal underlying technology of the software.
Easy- It is easy and simple to use due to an interactive and user-friendly interface.
Successful- Provide 100% successful results in almost all cases of data recovery.
Secure- Maintain the integrity and confidentiality of data while recovering the corrupted SQL Server database.
>>How to Restore Only One Table in SQL Server?
>>Fix SQL Server Stuck in Restoring State error
After highlighting the prominent solutions to recover table data and schema from corrupt SQ Database. Now, it’s your time to take decision wisely. In the above section, we have discussed the free as well as professional techniques. But bear in mind, the manual methods having some limitations. So, it is highly advised to go with the alternative solution for quick and 100% accurate results.