Please Help! I am using SQL Server Standard edition for managing and storing data, Yesterday, I backup my SQL Server database and Now I tried to restore the database but my SQL server stuck in restoring state, Can anyone tell the reasons behind this error and the best possible ways to fix this issue.
SQL Server of Microsoft is one of the best database management tools. This application is frequently used by database administrators to manage tons of data in just a few clicks. When the SQL users face a data loss situation then they try to restore the database from the backup. Most of the time the restoring process goes smoothly but sometimes you might find your SQL server getting stuck there. Due to this issue when the user tried to access the database then this database will not be accessible.
The various reasons responsible for this SQL database stuck in restoring state error could be due to the corruption of MDF files, any hardware or software related issue, missing the log file. And also one of the common reasons for this problem is that the SQL administrator has run the RESTORE Command With NORECOVERY option. But the user has not finished it with the help of WITH RECOVERY Command. This problem creates a big headache for SQL users because the database is not accessible. So the main question arises on how to fix this SQL server database stuck in restoring state.
For this, you have to understand the difference between restore SQL database with Recovery And No Recovery Command.
In case if you have multiple backups then the user can use the following command:
RESTORE DATABASE database name FROM Disk – “databasename.bak’With NORECOVERY
The user can use this command when they have multiple backup file emails. When the SQL user tries to restore the database with the help of NO RECOVERY, the process is not finished, and the user can again execute this command to restore data from multiple backup files. But for the last backup, the user can use it with the RECOVERY option.
The user can run this command when the user wants to restore the SQL database from the last backup file.
RESTORE DATABASE databasename FROM DISK =’databasename.bak’
When we use WITH NORECOVERY option the entire restoring process gets completed and the database will become accessible to all the users. So from the above discussion, it is cleared that once the user runs the command with RECOVERY option the user cannot run the Restore command again to restore the data from the multiple backup files.
For such situations, find the professional method in the upcoming segment.
Sometimes corruption in the MDF files also causes SQL Server Database Stuck in Restoring State issue. To resolve this issue the user can take the help of SQL Database Recovery Software. This utility can easily repair your corrupted MDF files.
Also with the help of this utility the user can recover SQL database components such as a table, stored procedure, functions, triggers, indexes. This application is compatible with SQL Server 2019 and its below versions. This is the perfect way to handle all the corruption issues of the SQL database. The user can also recover deleted SQL database objects. For complete details, the users can easily use this software with ease.
1. Download and Install the Software on your machine.
2. Click on Open button to add the corrupted MDF file of SQL Server.
3. Choose the Scan mode and also select the version of SQL Server. Also, the user can mark the recover deleted objects option to recover and preview the deleted SQL database in red color.
4. Preview the SQL database components such as a table, Stored procedure, functions, views, indexes. Click on Export button to export the database.
5. Now choose the export options from the SQL Server database, SQL Server Compatible Scripts, and CSV File Format.
6. After this, choose the server name and the authentication mode.
7. The user can create the new database or export to existing database after solving SQL server stuck in restoring state error.
8. Choose the database objects you want to export.
8. Select the option to export with the only schema and with schema and data.
9. The user can mark the option to export deleted records and export deleted objects option. Click on the export button to initiate the process.
Many times SQL users have to face SQL Server Database Stuck in Restoring State error. Due to this problem, the database is not accessible to the users. So, this problem tackling blog will discuss the reasons responsible for this error. Also, in case you are facing database corruption issues then you can take the help of expert solutions to resolve all the corruption issues.