Solution to Restore Individual Mailbox in Exchange 2010 Backup
Nowadays, no organization want to take the risk of not having proper backups. Simply imagine the kind of information (data) loss an email application crash could cause. This is enough to give an idea what an Exchange administrator has to go through if an Exchange Server crashes without Backup file. So it is no surprise that the market flooded with numerous backup and restore solutions that allows to restore individual mailbox in Exchange 2010 Backup.
Although in most cases, Exchange administrator restores an entire database from its backup file, there could be instances wherein it is needed to recover single mailbox in Exchange 2010. For example, a user might accidentally deleted some important emails form their mailbox and sent request to administrator for restoring mailbox from the backup file. In such situations, what is the best strategy to be followed? In this blog, we will focus on this particular situation and provide some insights.
Learn More on How to Restore Individual Mailbox in Exchange 2010 Backup
Before going to restore single user mailbox Exchange 2010 process, let us familiarize ourselves with some basics.
- Usually, individual mailboxes recovery from the backup is not required. After being deleted, a mailbox can found in Disconnected Mailboxes under Recipient Configuration. From there, it can simply reconnected and restore. Therefore, we will explain according to the situation where a deleted mailbox has purged from disconnected mailboxes.
- Microsoft does not provide the native and complete automated way to granular Exchange mailbox restoration.
- Convert Exchange database file EDB to Outlook supported format enables individual mailbox data access through MS Outlook.
- The recovery procedure mentioned below assumes that the readers are familiar with the backup and restore process and that a full backup of the database exists.
How to Recover Single Mailbox in Exchange 2010?
In the recent date, number of applications are available, that restore single mailbox in exchange 2010. Here we recommend one of the best software entitled as EBD Repair Tool. This software is specially designed to recover the individual items from Exchange 2010 backup. Also, the software can recover deleted emails from Exchange mailboxes. It is compatible with Exchange Server 2019, 2016, 2013, and all other below versions. This utility allows to export by category Contact, Calendar, Mail, Task, Journal, etc. Here are the steps to use this tool for Exchange mailbox recovery:
Steps to Restore Individual Mailbox in Exchange 2010 Backup
Step 1: Download and Run the EDB Repair Tool.
Step 2: Now, click on “Add File” button to select the EDB file.
Step 3: Click on the Select File button and Browse the EDB file to select it.
Step 4: Hit on Export button on the preview section to migrate the EDB files.
Step 5: Choose Enter Destination Mailbox where you wish to add the exported EDB file.
Step 6: Now, Successfully Export your Individual Exchange Mailbox.
Restore Individual Mailbox on Exchange 2010 Backup Manually
a) First, Start the Window Server backup and select the local backup. Choose Backup once from the action pane.
h) Now, enter the destination location for storing the backup, on the Specify Destination Type page. Press the Next button.
j) On the Conformation page, verify the backup settings and click on Backup.
Negative Aspects of Manual Approach
1. It does not restore individual mailbox in Exchange 2010 backup
2. The method to restore single Exchange 2010 mailbox in lengthy and time-consuming
3. The technique is complex and inexperienced users face trouble while executing it
4. Mishandling of any step leads to the data loss, data corruption, system damage, etc.
It is often a tricky situation for the Exchange users to get back their deleted mailbox data from Exchange 2010. We hope that one of the above mentioned methods will be able to help you recover single mailbox in Exchange 2010. Users can avoid all the hassle and risks by using the mentioned automated application to perform EDB to Outlook supported file format conversion and extract desired data easily.