Unable to Split PDF into Multiple Files? Explore Solution Here
PDF (Portable Document Format) is the most used format across several firms. People using it for marketing, documentation, and many other purposes might need to split PDF into multiple files for some reasons such as sharing specific data with others via email when required. Helps in reducing the time to search for the required data.
Learning about splitting PDF files and how to execute this process can help users if they need to execute the process to separate a pdf into multiple files. So, In this post, we will be sharing various methods and techniques to bifurcate the PDF file into several other files.
Cases Under Which a User Requires to Split a PDF into Multiple Files
For splitting PDF documents into several files, there can be multiple motives. Here we have listed some common scenarios where separating them is beneficial:
- Large PDF files can be difficult to handle when sharing or storing them. Converting them into smaller files can reduce the overall file size and make it easier to manage.
- Files containing sensitive and non-sensitive data, splitting it into multiple files helps in maintaining confidentiality. You can keep the confidential sections in different files with access restrictions.
- To improve organization and navigation, splitting it into separate files becomes a better option. Helps to locate and access specific content without scrolling through lengthy documents.
So let’s begin with the methods their steps to complete the splitting PDF file task.
Split PDF into Multiple Files With the Help of Google Chrome
Using Google Chrome or any other browser, users are able to split a PDF into multiple files:
- Open the folder in which the PDF files are present, then right-click the file.
- Press the “Open with” and choose Google Chrome as the browser.
- Once the PDF file opens in Chrome, then hit the print icon within the PDF on the browser window.
- Now in the destination section, select “Save as PDF“.
- Choose “Custom” from the list. Enter the pages you want to print, and use commas to separate them. You can also enter the specific ranges like pages 5-12.
- After selection, enter the file path and name the file which is created and save it.
Use Adobe Acrobat DC Pro to Separate a PDF into Multiple Files
To open, read and manipulate PDF files Adobe Reader Pro is used often. It offers a sufficient amount of features, though its subscription charges are high. People who have Adobe Reader Pro can follow the below-explained steps for breaking PDF file
- Open the PDF file in the Adobe Acrobat DC Pro application.
- Go to the “Tools” option and press the “Organize pages” in the tools menu.
- Now choose the “Split document“.
- Set the number of pages that the user wants to split by.
- Next, hit the “OK” to split.
Use the Smart Technique to Split PDF into Multiple Files
To separate a single PDF file into two or more, then users can go for the above-mentioned methods. However, if there is a requirement to split multiple PDF files then using the PDF Splitter Software will help them. As it can split the Batch PDF files and it can also split password protected PDF Document and does not have any limitations for splitting the PDF files.
It split merges the PDF files by size. Provides an option to create a file to save or save the resultant in the existing file. Moreover, it maintains the PDF file formatting and keeps its attachments in Output.
Apart from that, this tool can also merge large/multiple PDF files and it supports both Windows and Mac OS.
Instruction for Using the Tool to Break PDF into Different PDF Files
- Download the software and select the Split option and press the ‘Add File(s)’ or ‘Add Folder(s)’ to split a PDF into multiple files then press the Next button.
- Select from the available options to apply: Split by Page, Range, Even/Odd Pages, By Size (MB), Each Page.
- To save the output in a folder, then press the Change button to set the path.
- Finally, press the Split button to separate a PDF into multiple files.
Also Read: Learn Multiple Ways to Extract Certain Pages from a PDF File
There can be several reasons why the user might need to Split PDF into Multiple Files. Methods are there but when multiple PDF files are there to split. Then the user might start facing issues as it can take an ample amount of time. So we have discussed some techniques in this article, that will surely help users to complete the PDF splitting task easily.
There are 3 different ways to separate a pdf into multiple files. One can use the Adobe Acrobat DC Pro tool which is a paid version and gets various facilities to use and manipulate PDF file data. Another way is to open the PDF file in Google Chrome and take out the required PDF file data. However, if users have Multiple/ Large PDF files, then they can use the Automated Software which we have mentioned in this article.