Switching to a new Gmail account? This doesn’t mean that you have let go of your old account data. Whether you are planning to change your college era email address like cooldudeOO7@gmail.com, or you want to transfer data from one Gmail account to another due to storage issues, we got you covered. In this guide, we will explain step-wise methods to transfer complete data from one account to another in a hassle freeway.
There could me multiple reasons for transferring Gmail account data to another account, some of them are as follows.
Gmail provides import service is a settings option that helps users in the transfer process. For this, you need to login into your new Gmail account and set up the import service to transfer emails from one Gmail account to another.
The following are the working steps for transferring Gmail account emails to another account:
1. Login into your new Gmail account.
2. Next, click on the gear icon and click on Settings.
3. Go to the Accounts & Import tab.
4. Click on Import mail and contacts.
5. From the pop-up window, provide the old email address & click on the Continue button to transfer data from one Gmail account to another
6. In the next pop-up window, sign-in to your old Gmail account and click on the Agree button. And, from the next screen, select Import mails, Import Contacts, import new mails for next 30 days and after that click on the Start Import button.
And you’re done. By performing the above 6 steps, Gmail will start the transfer of data from one Gmail account to another. However, the steps are only for transferring of emails and contacts. The rest of the application data need to be downloaded and transfer manually.
So for transferring rest of the data, you need to download them via Google Takeout or Gmail Backup tool & manually import them into your new Gmail account.
Note: The above method is for only free Gmail account users only. Google doesn’t provide such a simple approach for transferring data of business Gmail (G Suite) accounts.
If you are a business Gmail account user then take the help of G Suite Migration tool. This single utility is capable of transferring emails, contacts, calendars, and documents between business Gmail accounts. One can also filter the data using categories and data-range filter to save time and space. Apart from just this, it provides various features that are helpful during the data transfer attempt, such as delta migration, priority filter, report generation, option to map user accounts.
The following are the steps to transfer business Gmail account data to another:
1. Download and Launch the Migration tool
2. Select the source & destination platform as “G Suite” & then select the category of data to transfer.
3. Next enter the Admin id, p12 file path, and Application id for both source & destination domains and validate both.
4. Choose the option for source & destination user id mapping & select the user whose data need to be transferred from one Gmail (Gsuite) account to another.
5. Next, apply priority among the user, and after that click on the Validate button for the authentication of user accounts.
6. Finally, click on the Start button to transfer data from one Gmail account to another.
After the process is completed, you will be able to save either a Summary Report – with all the summarized report of the process. Or, Detailed Report – with all the details of each and every file saved as CSV file.
You can also start the process again if you want to by clicking on the Re-Run Migration process and choosing one of the three modes explained below:
In the above guide, we have explained the methods to transfer data from one Gmail account to another for both free and business Gmail users. The reasons to migrate the data have also been stated above to give users a clear picture. Follow the steps carefully and transfer each and every item from old account to new one in just few clicks. The software that we have mentioned will make sure that your data is kept safe and the folder hierarchy is maintained.