How to Import Excel Contacts to Thunderbird in a Seamless Manner?
“I am having an Excel file containing a list of around 100 contacts with all details. Now, I want to move all these in my Thunderbird account. But, I don’t know how can I import a list of so many contacts in a single go. Therefore, I am looking for a solution that let me import Excel contacts to Thunderbird in a fast and quick way. If anybody know any solution for the same, please suggest.”
Mozilla Thunderbird is one of the widely used email clients among the users as it is a free and open source application. It is simple and reliable with all the required features to meet today’s user needs. As it is a desktop-based application, it let users store and access data locally on the system. Like any other email client, Thunderbird mailbox also contains emails, contacts, calendars, etc.
Now, in Thunderbird Address Book, a user is allowed to maintain the list of contacts with all respective details for easy access. However, a user is allowed to import and export contacts as per need also. To avail this facility, a user sometimes tries to import contacts from Excel to Thunderbird to access contact list in it. But, the problem is Thunderbird does not provide any option to import .xlsx or .xls file of Excel.
At this point in time, a user starts looking for solutions to import contacts. In order to know the method for the same, read the blog below and get your solution here.
Proper Solution to Import Excel Contacts to Thunderbird
There are some situations in which a user save contact list in MS Excel XLSX file format. Now, as it is a list of a large number of contacts so, a user can move it to the email client and access it in a proper way. Thunderbird is one of the topmost choices among the users but it does not support .xlsx or .xls file format. In order to know the seamless and foolproof method for the same, follow the steps mentioned below:
There is no direct solution available to import selected file to Thunderbird. It is divided into two parts:
Step 1: Convert Excel Contact File to vCard Format
When a user needs import contacts from Excel to Thunderbird, he or she needs export XLSX file to vCard format. Now, there is a manual solution available for the same. In order to convert Excel to VCF format, a user can take the help of Excel Contacts to VCF Converter application. The software is designed in a manner that it export contacts from Excel to VCF format in no time without any hassle. It is one of the popular application to deal with Excel files. Some of the advanced features offered by this software are:
- Capable to export any number of contacts from Excel file
- Options to create single or separate VCF file for each contact
- Export all details like address, email, phone number to VCF
- Allows mapping of all Excel fields and vCard attributes
- Option to import Empty Email address field contact to vCard
- Option to create vCard in three versions i.e., v2.1., v3.0., v4.0.
- Supports all versions Microsoft Windows operating system
After converting to the vCard format of the desired version using the application, a user needs to import the resultant file in Mozilla Thunderbird application to complete the process to import Excel contacts to Thunderbird.
Step 2: Import vCard to Thunderbird
Now, if you want to know the steps to move this file into Thunderbird, simply follow the steps mentioned below:
- To begin the process, open Mozilla Thunderbird application on local machine.
- After that, click on the Address Book tab and then on Tools Import.
- Now, an Import Wizard will appear in front of you. Here, choose Address Book option in Select the type of material to import option. Then, click on the Next button.
- Next, you need to choose vCard file (.vcf) option to import contacts from Excel to Thunderbird.
- After that, choose the vCard file that you have created in step 1.
- At last, click on the Open button to upload it. Click OK button to complete the process successfully.
- Here, you can check in Thunderbird address book that all Excel contacts are imported to it successfully.
Management of contacts is really important for the users. Therefore, they store a large number of contacts in an Excel spreadsheet. Now, to access these contacts in a quick manner, they always try to import it to their respective email application. Like this only, the blog will let you all know how to import Excel contacts to Thunderbird in a seamless and reliable manner.