Looking For an Easy Way to Import PST to Google Calendar- Here You Go!
Calendar plays a very important role in the business user’s life as it keeps on updating them about an upcoming event, meeting, etc. Thus, whenever they move from one place to another, they want to have these calendar with them. Gmail is one of the widely used email application among users. Moreover, it is really easy for users to access Gmail account from anywhere and anytime. Therefore, adding calendar to Gmail calendar will be the right choice to have permanent access to the calendar. Now, Microsoft Outlook is one of the famous email client used by the organization. So, for calendars most commonly asked query is how to import PST to Google calendar.
However, if a user has MS Outlook application installed on the local machine, then it is possible with the help of manual procedure. In the case of an orphan PST file i.e., without Outlook, export Outlook calendar to Google calendar is only possible with the help of third-party tool. Hence, this blog will let know about both the cases in details.
Read More- Import Outlook Calendar to Yahoo
How One Can Import PST to Google Calendar in an Efficient Manner?
Now, as discussed above when it comes to import PST calendar to Gmail, there can be two possible cases.
Case #1: MS Outlook is Installed on the Local Machine
In this case where a user has Microsoft Outlook installed on the local machine, it becomes somewhat easy to import PST to Google calendar. In order to know how, follow the stepwise instructions discussed below:
Step 1: Export Calendar from MS Outlook
1. First of all, you need to Open Microsoft Outlook application on the local machine
2. After that, directly open Calendar
3. Then, you have to choose the Calendar that you want to export
4. Next, click on the File option and then on the Save Calendar option
5. Here, you can either choose the default name or you can enter a new name also for the iCalendar file
6. After that, you have to click on the More options
7. Click on the arrow corresponding to Date Range and select the amount of data that you want to export (iCalendar) or you can enter the custom date range also
8. Now, click on the Detail arrow and select the amount of detail that you want to display
9. Next, click on the OK button and then on the Save button to complete the export process
Step 2: Import PST Calendar ICS File to Google Calendar
1. First of all, sign in to your Gmail account
2. After that, open Calendar by clicking on Google Apps icon
3. Now, in the Google Calendar, click on the Gear icon >> Settings
4. Then, from the left pane, click on the Import & Export option
5. Next, click on the Select file from your computer to import calendar
6. After uploading iCal or Outlook CSV format file, click on the Import button
In this way, a user can easily import PST to Google calendar. But, as discussed above, to use this method, one must have Outlook installed on the local machine.
Case #2: Outlook is not Installed on the Local Machine (Orphan PST File)
If there is no MS Outlook installed on the local machine, then there is no manual approach available to add PST to Google calendar. However, in such situations, professional tools come out to be a handy approach.
Outlook Export Tool is one such application that let users convert PST file into multiple file formats. It is a single application to fulfill multiple demands of the users. With the help of this application, one can export all data items from PST file like emails, calendars with events, notes, etc. Here, users are concerned about the calendars stored in the PST file. The application facilitates users to export calendars from PST to ICS file format. After that, it becomes easy for the users to import PST calendar to Gmail.
The best part of this software is that it does not require Microsoft Outlook installation on the local machine. A user can easily launch the application on any version of MS Windows without any extra installation.
Steps to Import PST to Google Calendar without Outlook are:
Step 1. Launch PST converter and add PST files.
Step 2. Preview all PST data items.
Step 3. Choose ICS file format from the list.
Step 4. Select location to save output and click Export.
Importing PST calendar to Gmail is not that much tough task to perform. It all depends upon the situation whether a user has Outlook installed on the machine or not. This blog explained a method for both the situations. It is not compulsory to use a professional solution. If a user has Outlook, then he or she can easily import PST to Google calendar. Otherwise, taking help of third-party tool will be the best option.