Steps Explaining How to Convert Exchange File
PCVITA Software presents best opportunities for users and avails a best mode to know how to convert EDB to PST file. Software screens are given and users are just supposed to follow working steps.
- Launch PCVITA EDB Converter. For that, Go to Start button > All Programs > PCVITA EDB Converter > EDB Converter. Startup screen comes up, click on Open button to select file.
- Click on Browse button. Now you can select the desired Offline EDB file from your PC.
- To extract Mailboxes, select Priv or Mailbox Database.EDB file. To extract Public Folders, select Pub.EDB file. After selection, click on Open button (Here priv.edb file is selected).
- Now Select the EDB Storage Type. (Here, we are selecting Private store database as we selected priv.edb file).
Select Deep Scan option to deeply scan and repair the corrupted EDB file in case where EDB file is badly damaged or some data is missing. Then click on Ok button.
(Note: If software abandons to work on normal scanning then user must select Deep Scan option. It will surely scan your highly corrupted EDB file.)
- Scanning & Recovery process begins; Status bar shows the percentage of recovered edb. Wait until the process gets over, it may take time if file size is very large or deep scan option checked.
- As the scanning process gets over, confirmation screen comes up that shows the recovery of EDB file is completed. Click on Ok button to continue further.
- After completion of scanning process, you can view, analyze and expand all recovered mailboxes with all folders and subfolders aligned in original sequence.
» Select particular folder to view number of items stored inside that folder.
» Select mailboxes and click on Save button (By default, all items are selected but you can exclude any one):
- “Browse for Folder” window comes up, select location to save the output (PST) file (As per the need, you can create a new folder too). Select desired location and click on Ok button
- Exporting process begins, you can view the number of exported items. An advance option is here “Skip This Mailbox”. If you find out that few mailboxes are large sized and taking too long to export or some undesired mailboxes are still there then you can skip those mailboxes using Skip This button.
- As the conversion process gets over, confirmation screen comes up that shows saved location of exported pst file. Click on Ok button to close the window:
- Browse saved location to get exported pst files. Now you can use pst file with Exchange Server or MS Outlook.