Add Sequential Numbering to PDF Form: A Step – By – Step Process
PDF file format is used by numerous users worldwide due to its feature-rich nature. Nowadays, most of people prefer forms in PDF file format. This is because PDF maintains the integrity of data, platform-independent, no formatting issues, etc. However, PDF forms are mostly used in law firms by lawyers, paralegals, etc. Additionally, various organizations also make use of PDF form for different purposes. The major issue occurs when they are unable to find a suitable solution to add sequential numbering to PDF forms.
Note: The Sequential Number in PDF is a unique series of numbers assigned to the complete PDF form. Basically, it makes easy for the users to identify a specific form when there are multiple forms and sub-page of the forms.
Why Do Users Add Sequential Numbering to PDF Forms?
Sometimes, when the user has multiple PDF forms with numerous pages associated with them. Then it becomes difficult for the user to manage the forms in an efficient way. Moreover, it creates a problem for the user to recognize pages & PDF forms from which the pages belong. Thus, it is needed to add page numbers to PDF forms for the easy identification of the PDF forms and pages under them.
How to do Sequential Bates Numbering in Multiple PDF Files?
The user can make use of an automated and reliable way to add sequential numbering to PDF forms i.e. PCVITA PDF Page Numberer. With this utility, the user can insert serial number to PDF forms in bulk. The software makes easy for the users to do sequential bates numbering in PDF forms along with the pages associated with them. Moreover, the utility is having an easy to use interface with numerous beneficial features. The user can apply page number in PDF forms by following the steps explained below:
This tool is also available in Mac OS X versions. You can download the Mac PDF Bates Numberer Tool by clicking on the following buttons.
1. Run the tool and click on Bates to add sequential numbering in PDF forms
2. In the Select Option section of the tool to add sequential numbering to PDF form, you will see multiple options:
- Generate Bates Numberer – With this option, one can insert serial number in PDF forms.
- Generate Bates Number for File Series – This option allows to add serial number in PDF and its pages. One can select this option when having a combination of PDF files and pages.
- Print PDF – This option permits to take the print the PDF document after the numbering.
3. Now, for PDF forms and pages associated with the form, you need to select Generate Bates Number for file series option
4. After that, add the PDF form by clicking on Add File(s) or Add Folder option
5. Select all the PDF form on which you want to add sequential numbering
6. You can also select Remove Encryption from PDF File(s) option and then click on the Next button
7. Fill all the details according to your choice. You can also add any confidential text in the Additional Text field.
8. Select any option of the bates as per your requirements. Moreover, you can also check the box next to:
- Maintain the Same Number Per File
- Stamp Current Date At Top Right
- Continue Series For All PDF(s)
9. Click on the Browse button to select the destination location where you want to save the PDF form with added sequential numbers
10. Finally, click on the Generate button to add sequential numbering to PDF forms.
There are different online solutions available to perform sequential bates numbering. However, various limitations are associated with them i.e. applicable for single PDF form, does not provide the option to batch insert serial number in multiple PDF forms, formatting issues are present in the output file etc. Thus, it is recommended to opt for an automated and trustworthy solution to implement this task.
There are many users who search for a simple and instant way to add sequential numbering to PDF forms and pages present in the forms. However, they are not able to find the solution as most of the online tools insert serial numbers to single PDF only. Thus, in the above section, we have introduced an automated solution using which users can easily apply page number in PDF forms having different pages.
Steps to Add Sequential Numbering to PDF
Step 1: Run PDF Bates Numberer and click on bates option
Step 2: Add files to insert sequential numbering to PDF files
Step 3: Enter sequential numbers details and position the number
Step 4: Browse location to save PDF with sequential numbering
Step 5: Click on Generate to add sequential numbering to PDF files