Know How to Organize Pages in PDF Document- Complete Guide
User Query: “Please help! Recently I installed Acrobat DC on my Windows laptop. As I have started exploring the features in this version, I am not familiar with organising pages in PDF files. After this, I have read a few articles and tutorials regarding the same, but I am a bit confused. Could someone help me to resolve this query and tell me how to organize pages in PDF? Thanks in advance!”
Just like the above scenario, there are similar users who are not aware and want to organize pages in Adobe Acrobat. Are you met with such a similar instance and also don’t know how to explore the same? If yes, then read on and follow this post to learn the various features and options to organize PDF pages. Moreover, we have also discussed the different ways to do it.
How Does Adobe Acrobat Organize Pages in PDF Documents?
- Firstly, log in to Adobe Document Cloud with your credentials at https://documentcloud.adobe.com.
- Under the Quick Start division, click on Organize Pages option and select the desired PDF file and hit the Continue button.
- Once the PDF file is loaded, a user can perform different actions on the pages like dragging the pages to rearrange, rotate-page clockwise or anti-clockwise, deleting pages and many more.
- A user is also allowed to give a name or rename the PDF file and click the Organize button
- Now, that the user has successfully organize pages in PDF document, the file is ready for download.
- To save the organized PDF file on your system, click the Download option that is available on the extreme right side.
Note: To carry out the above steps it is needed to have the full version of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.
Some Other Means to Manage or Organize Pages in PDF Files
In the above section, we have seen the simple method to organize pages in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. But, there are some other ways also by which users can organize PDF pages and manage them easily. Some of them are given below:
1. Watermarking PDF Documents
A watermark is an image or text that appears behind the existing PDF file. For example, It appears as a stamp-like Confidential in case of crucial or sensitive files. Now, to add watermark to multiple PDF files, follow the simple procedure listed below:
- Go to Tools>> Edit PDF>> Watermark>> Add to manage pages in PDF document
- Now, click Add Files and select the required PDF file to add a watermark and click OK
- Now, to create a text watermark. Select text and enter the text in the given field and click OK
- By this, a user is allowed to smoothly add a watermark to the PDF file
Tip: In case, if you want to add text or image as a watermark to multiple PDF files, then the above manual process is not at all a feasible approach. Under such circumstance, simply opt an automated tool i.e., PDF Watermark. It is a free utility that allows to add watermark without Adobe Acrobat. It also allows users to customize the watermark on the basis of its color, size, and placement.
Read this post, if you want to remove watermark from large Adobe PDF documents.
2. Add Security Settings to PDF Document
Well, setting a password to a PDF document ensures additional security, which restricts others from opening or making modifications to the PDF file. Now, there are two passwords i.e., the Document open password(User-level), which requires the user to enter the password in order to open the PDF file and the other one is Permissions password(Owner-level), where the owner has applied some restrictions to print, copy, edit, etc operations that prevent others from modifying the PDF file.
For users who need to add a password to a PDF file, go through the below-listed steps to organize PDF pages in Adobe Acrobat.
- After opening the PDF file, go to Tools>> Protect>> Encrypt >> Encrypt with Password
- Now, you may receive a prompt, click Yes to change the security.
- Then, select Require A Password To Open The Document and enter the password to protect the file.
- Choose the Acrobat version from the given Compatibility drop-down list menu to organize pages in PDF.
- After that, select the encryption options like Encrypt All Document Contents, Encrypt Only File Attachments, etc and click OK.
In the case of restricting the PDF file from editing, the following is the procedure to do the same,
- Open the PDF file and select Tools>> Protect>> Restrict Editing options to organize pages in Adobe Acrobat.
- Here, you’ll receive a prompt. Click Yes to add the security.
- Then, enter the password in the given field to restrict editing and click OK.
Tip: What if you want to remove permission password from PDF file? Now, you can remove both user-level and owner-level security from PDF file, just download this user-friendly tool. It is a standalone utility integrated with advanced features that work efficiently to remove copy restrictions Adobe PDF, also it removes restrictions on Print, Edit, Extract text, etc. Other than that, it also supports Mac OS.
3. Adding Custom Page Numbers
Another approach to organize pages in PDF documents is to add sequential numbering to PDF. Adobe Acrobat allows users to add header and footer to the PDF document. This can be a date, bates number for legal files, etc. Using this method, users can achieve the goal of organizing pages in PDF files.
- Go to Tools>> Edit PDF>> Header & Footer>> Add to add the PDF file.
- As required, specify the Font and Margin values under Add Header And Footer wizard.
- Then, type the text in the desired header and footer text boxes.
- To specify pages, click Page Range Options and specify the page range and select the Subset option.
- Now, review the page under the Preview page option.
Tip: Another dynamic tool that is capable to stamp page number on multiple PDF files at once using PDF Bates Numbering software. It also helps to remove encryption from the PDF file to seamlessly add custom page number to the document. It is one of the perfect solutions to manage pages in PDF document.
These are some of the approaches that a user can explore and apply them to organize PDF files. Moreover, the process to add watermark to PDF adobe acrobat can also comes under the section of organizing pages in PDF in a proper manner.
4. Split and Merge PDF Files
One of the most important and useful methods to get organize pages in Adobe is by joining or splitting your PDF files. The application enables the option to split a PDF into two parts or more. This helps users to separate the pages from PDF files and keep them in small files to organize PDF pages as required.
Read this post to Split Password Protected PDF Document’s
Apart from this, the user also gets the option to merge multiple PDF files. This function helps in combining selected PDF files to share with other users easily, rather than sending several chunks of PDF files.
Use the tool the PDF Splitter or PDF Merge Tool for combining or separating your PDF files.
When there is a need to organize pages in PDF document, then make the best use of this article. Here, we have discussed the best techniques that allow users to effectively work on PDF files by applying various features. Additionally, we have also added instant tips using top-notch software that enables a smooth approach to managing pages in PDF files.