Use the Quick Steps to Backup Gmail Account Before Deleting
When we talk about email communication, Gmail has always become the best email client to use for communicating digitally. We know that it has become the most trusted email application to use. However, under certain circumstances, users sometimes feel the requirement to delete or deactivate their Gmail account. However, the choice to remove your Gmail account should be made carefully, regardless of the reason—for personal reasons, account upgrading, or decluttering. Making a backup of your data before pressing the delete button is an important step that many people forget to do. But as we know there is data in our Gmail account. So, it requires to backup Gmail account before deleting it.
User Query: “Hi, I’m trying to backup my Gmail emails using Google Takeout, but I’m running into some issues. First off, Google took five hours to create an archive of the information from my Gmail account. Secondly, there seems to be an issue preventing the download of the archive from working (perhaps related to a bad internet connection). Is there another possible course of action to save emails before deleting account?
Hence, through this post, we will be covering a few solutions that can be used to save emails from Gmail accounts before deleting them.
Manual Solutions to Backup Gmail Account Before Deleting:
- Using Google Takeout:
- Google Takeout allows users to export data from their Google account, including Gmail. Users can select the specific data they want to export, such as emails, contacts, calendars, and more.
- To use Google Takeout:
- Go to Google Takeout and use your Gmail login to log in.
- Decide which data to include in the backup.
- Select the preferred file format and distribution method (email download link, cloud storage, etc.).
- “Create Export” should be clicked to begin the backup procedure.
- Using Email Clients: Email clients like Microsoft Outlook or Mozilla Thunderbird allow users to configure their Gmail account and download emails to their local devices. This method involves setting up the email client with your Gmail credentials and syncing your emails locally.
- Selectively Save Gmail Emails Before Deleting the Account: Here, users can simply access their Gmail account and select and open each email message, then press the 3 vertical dots and select the Download Message to save or download locally. In case there are several email messages to save before deleting the Gmail account, then this method wouldn’t be suggested to use.
Tip: We also suggest users secure their data by applying any digital lock on the backup folder to maintain the privacy of data.
Automated Solution to Backup Gmail Account Before Deleting
Surely, it becomes a long work to selectively take the backup of the messages and attachments from the Gmail account. For a few email backups, a user can perform it manually. However, in the case of multiple emails, we advise using the Most Effective Gmail Backup Tool. That allows backing up and saving the Gmail, Contacts, Docs, and Calendar data easily and once the user takes the backup, they can delete Gmail account permanently, as they now have the backup of Gmail messages.
It comes with multiple features like Delete after Download, Incremental backups, and other Advanced features that help to get entire mailbox data or selected emails.
How to Save Emails Before Deleting Account By Using This Tool?
1. Open the backup tool after downloading it. Then enter your Gmail login information, and click the Login button to backup Gmail account before deleting.
2. Select the Export format and Category as “Email”, then click the Browse button to select the preferred results destination path.
3. Select the “Delete After Download” option, then click Yes when a warning appears.
4. Mark the folders from which you wish to export your emails by selecting the Apply Filters option. Select the dates from which you wish to save the messages if needed.
5. Once everything is finished, click the Start button to backup Gmail account before deleting it.
Also Read: Use Instant Methods to Archive Gmail Emails in Outlook
This post covers the best possible ways to solutions to backup Gmail account before deleting it. Here, we have discussed manual ways that can be used to save emails before deleting account in Gmail. Additionally, we have also covered the Offline tool that helps to get the backup when there are multiple email messages and is required to save emails from multiple Gmail accounts. Go through the methods explained and consider using the useful one for you.