Can PST Files be Merged? Know the Top Solutions
Summary: If you are searching for an answer to the query, can PST files be merged? Then, this article will give you the complete solution to your request. Here, we are going to introduce you to the best, easiest, and safest method to merge files into one file.
Table of Content
Before knowing the solutions, let us move ahead and look at all the reasons why users plan to migrate PST files.
Why Need to Merge PST File?
- To overcome data file performance and corruption issues.
- Manage and handle multiple PST files in one place.
- To import a PST file into Outlook by merging them into one PST file.
- To manage several PST file same-name folders into one.
After knowing all the reasons, now it is time to know all the solutions with the help of which we will complete this task.
So to complete the task, first of all, we will tell you an expert solution through which you will be able to complete this task without any problem.
Can PST Files be Merged Using an Expert Solution
Yes, you can merge multiple PST files using the PCVITA PST File Merger Software. This utility helps you to manage a large number of PST files within a few simple steps. This software offers its users three different options to combine PST files. Users can join a new PST, an existing PST, or an Outlook profile as needed.
The application will combine data in PST files without any manipulation of the existing content, and it is 100% guaranteed that the data will remain intact. It provides users with the ability to maintain the data integrity and folder hierarchy of PST files while merging PST files. Also, the application merges multiple archive PST Files in Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and earlier versions.
- Easy to use even by a normal computer user.
- It supports merging Unicode and ANSI PST files as well.
- Supports combining archive and password-protected files.
- Option to merge two Outlook profiles without Outlook Installation
- Ability to combine multiple archive & password protected Outlook PST files
- Facility to merge Outlook folders with no duplicates according to the desired size in MB or GB.
- Compatible with all PST files created by Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 201, 2010, etc.
Can PST Files be Merged Using Quick Software Steps
- First, Download the software and install it on your Windows.
- Click on the Add PST files.
- Choose from Join and Merge Options.
- Select folders and choose merge in existing PST, New PST profile.
- Select advanced options: date filter, split, remove duplicates, and others.
- Click on the Next button and the merging process will start automatically.
That’s it. These are the simple steps to answer your query “merge PST files”. You will receive a completion message on the software screen once the process is complete.
Can PST Files Be Merged Using a Manual Approach
Before discussing the manual method, let us clear that Outlook does not have any built-in utility to combine multiple PST files. However, some indirect techniques help you to complete this task. The manual approach has two parts, first, you have to create a new blank PST file and then import your PST file into a newly created file.
Step 1: Create a New Blank PST
- Open your PST file application and click on New Items.
- Select More Items and then choose Outlook PST Data File.
- Choose the location to save the new PST file.
- Name the file and click OK.
Step 2: Merge PST File into the Newly Created PST File
- Now, again open PST and go to File Tab from the top.
- Click on Open & Export >> Import/Export.
- Choose “Import from another program or file” and click next.
- After that, Select “PST Data File” and hit on next button.
- Then, browse the Outlook data PST file you want to import.
- After that, choose “Do Not Import Duplicates” under Options if needed.
- Then, select the folder to import from and include the subfolder.
- Finally, click the Finish button for importing PST.
Why is the Manual Method Not Suggested?
Well, the manual technique discussed above is completely free. but wait, there are some limitations. The whole manual process is not straightforward and too tedious. If you want to merge multiple PST data files then, you will need to import each PST file into a newly created file. That makes your task tedious and time-consuming. Also, there may be data loss when performing the manual steps above.
Hope you get the answer to the “Can PST files be merged” question. Here we have shared the best and proven solution that can help you merge multiple PST files into one. Moreover, The manual method is quite difficult, so it is recommended that you use an automatic tool. It offers you a simple and safe solution.
Commonly Asked QuestionsQ: Can I combine PST files without duplicating them?Ans: Yes, you can easily combine multiple PST files into one without finding duplicates on other servers or networks.Q: Is there a limit to the number and size of files?Ans: No, there is no limit to the size and number of Outlook PST files. This application is powerful enough to merge multiple PST files, whether they are large or not.Q: Does this tool merge password-protected PST files?Ans: Yes, the app can combine PST files with password protection. Users do not need to enter passwords with this software.Q: Can I combine damaged PST files with this tool?Yes, this utility allows users to scan and merge smaller corrupted files.