How to Export VCF to Excel Contacts on Mac | Trusted Guide
Summary: Do you need to export vcf to excel contacts on Mac? Keep reading this article to find out two different ways to execute this procedure. This write will help you by providing you with the solution in a hassle-free way. Read this complete article for an accurate and easy solution to resolve this query.
These two are totally different file formats supported by completely distinct applications or platforms including Mac OS. A vCard or VCF file is a virtual standard business card used by businesses or professionals universally to share address books with other users.
An Excel or spreadsheet on the other hand is a brilliant application for data analysis, statistical comparison, chart management, etc. MS Excel supports a CSV file format that store comma-separated values in tabular format and is commonly used to store contact files.
vCard is used for contacts in the address book application on Mac. So, when they are to be used in Excel, you can export vcf to excel contacts because it enables users to view files as a workbook & create new categories for the file.
“My colleague shared innumerable vCard contact files with me but since I am required to maintain the address book in the Excel sheet, I am unable to do so. How can I convert vCard contacts to Excel on Mac OS without losing any of its attributes?” If you too have a similar question then keep reading this blog to learn how you can get the perfect results.
How to Export vCard Contacts to Excel
To use your VCF file in a spreadsheet program, you are required to export VCF to excel contacts. Then, any application that supports the CSV file can access the vCard contacts. You can execute this task by using any of the two methods explained below. One is by using an expert tool used by businesses and working professionals worldwide and another one is the manual procedure. First, let us discuss the Manual Method!
Manual Method to Convert vCard Contacts File to Excel
The manual approach involves the Windows contacts to export vcf to excel contacts. You may contain vCard files in your system, receive them through the mail, or export them from any application. The VCF contacts are supported by numerous applications. You need Address Book 2.0 or later and MS Excel 2008 or later version to follow the below-given steps and convert them to CSV.
- Select Go on your Mac menu bar (on the top of your screen).
- Choose Applications from the drop-down menu
- Next, double-click on the Microsoft Office” folder
- Then, double-click the Excel icon to run the Excel program
- From the top menu, click on File and tap on the Import option
- Next, double-click on the vCard to import it to Excel
- Again, click on File and hit the Save as an option from the menu
- Click on the File-type menu & select .csv from the list
- Now, Press on Save, and your Mac system will successfully save it.
Now the vCard has converted to the CSV format. Now, go to the location where you have saved this Excel file and open it with MS Excel.
Read More Related Blogs:
Limitations of the Manual Method
In this section of this article, we talk about the manual solution. We know that the manual solution is compatible to recover these types of queries but there are some limitations to this solution which we briefly explained below. Read Every limitation carefully before implementing the manual solution.
There are certain restrictions imposed when manually converting the contacts on Mac. You cannot export vcf to excel contacts and it allows the conversion of only one contact at a time. Therefore, it becomes rather tedious and much more lengthy than expected. Also, it does not guarantee a successful & safe conversion of files. Hence, to beat this monotony, win over the uncertainly, and export contacts from vCard to Excel on Mac, users must go for a professional tool.
Smart Way to Export VCF Contacts to Excel on Mac
PCVITA Mac vCard Converter Software is the ultimate software that helps you perform the desired tasks export vcf to excel contacts easier and efficiently. There are unlimited features provided by this software. Unlike the manual method, this tool permits you to convert multiple contacts at a time into seven file formats.
Key Features of the Tool:
- Supports the conversion of multiple contacts in a single attempt.
- It is Compatible with all vCard versions i.e., 2.1, 3.0, 4.0.
- Can merge all contacts in a single resultant file.
- Supports Mac OS X 10.8 and all other latest Mac versions.
- Converts vCard files generated by all platforms or devices.
- Option to split the VCF file into several individual contacts.
- Exports all attributes & details of the contact files.
- Provides support to 50+ vCard contact fields.
Steps to Convert vCard Contacts to Excel CSV
- Download and Install the Software on your Mac Machine.
- Click on Add File(s) to load the Mac vCard contact files.
- Select the Radio button corresponding to the CSV Option.
- Click the Browse button to browse to the destination folder of the output file. By default, the software selects the path “/Users/Mac/Desktop“
- Click the “Export” button to start the process.
In this blog, you learned ways to export vcf to excel contacts on Mac. we explained to you the manual methods of doing so but since there are certain limitations associated with them, we also provided a foolproof and trustworthy application to achieve the perfect results. You can avail the features of this free tool and convert the desired file without any damage.