How to Export vCard Contacts to Excel on Mac?
Summary: Do you need to export vCard contacts to Excel file on Mac? Keep reading this blog to find out two different ways to execute this procedure.
These two are totally different file formats supported by completely distinct applications or platforms including Mac OS. A vCard or VCF file is a virtual standard business card used by businesses or professionals universally to share address books with other users.
An Excel or spreadsheet on the other hand is a brilliant application for data analysis, statistical comparison, chart management, etc. MS Excel supports a CSV file format which stores comma-separated values in tabular format and is commonly used to store the contact files.
vCards are used for contacts in the Address Book application on Mac. So, when they are to be used in Excel, you can convert them to CSV format because it enables users to view files as a workbook & create new categories for the file.
“My colleague shared innumerable vCard contact files with me but since I am required to maintain the address book in the Excel sheet, I am unable to do so. How can I convert vCard contacts to Excel on Mac OS without losing any of its attributes?”
If you too have a similar question then keep reading this blog to learn how you can get the perfect results.
How to Export vCard Contacts to Excel?
To use your VCF file in a spreadsheet program, you are required to convert it into a CSV file. Then, any application that supports the CSV file can access the vCard contacts. You can execute this task by using any of the two methods explained below. One is by using an expert tool used by businesses and working professionals worldwide and another one is the manual procedure.
First, let us discuss the manual method.
Manual Method to Export vCard Contacts to Excel
The manual way involves the Windows contacts to convert the contact files to Excel. You may contain vCard files in your system, received them through the mail, or exported them from any application. The VCF contacts are supported by numerous applications. You need Address Book 2.0 or later and MS Excel 2008 or later version to follow the below-given steps and convert them to CSV.
- Select Go on your Mac menu bar (on the top of your screen).
- Choose Applications from the drop-down menu.
- Next, double click on the Microsoft Office” folder.
- Then, double click the Excel icon to run the Excel program.
- From the top menu, click on File and tap on the Import option.
- Next, double click on the vCard to import it to Excel.
- Again, click on File and hit the Save as option from the menu.
- Click on the File-type menu & select .csv from the list.
- Now, click on Save and your Mac system will successfully save it.
The vCards have converted to the CSV format. Now, go to the location where you have saved this Excel file and open it with MS Excel.
Related: Export Outlook Contacts to Excel
Limitations of the Manual Method
There are certain restrictions imposed when manually converting the contacts on Mac. You cannot bulk export vCard contacts to Excel and it allows the conversion of only one contact at a time. Therefore, it becomes rather tedious and much more lengthy than expected. Also, it does not guarantee a successful & safe conversion of files. Hence, to beat this monotony, win over the uncertainty, and to export contacts from vCard to Excel on Mac, users must go for a professional tool.
Smart Way to Export vCard Contacts to Excel
The PCVITA Mac vCard Converter tool is the ultimate software that helps you perform the desired tasks easier and more efficiently. There are unlimited features provided by this software. Unlike the manual method, this tool permits you to convert multiple contacts at a time into seven file formats.
Key Features of the Tool:
- Supports the conversion of multiple contacts in a single attempt.
- Compatible with all vCard versions i.e., 2.1, 3.0, 4.0.
- Can merge all contacts in a single resultant file.
- Supports Mac OS X 10.8 and all other latest Mac versions.
- Converts vCard files generated by all platforms or devices.
- Option to split the VCF file into several individual contacts.
- Exports all attributes & details of the contact files.
- Provides support to 50+ vCard contact fields.
Steps to Export vCard Contacts to Excel:
- Download and install the software on your Mac machine. Click on Add File(s) to load the Mac vCard contact files.
2. Next, select the export type as CSV. You can choose other formats also depending on your requirements. Then, decide if you want to merge all VCF contacts in a single file or want to split them.
3. Browse and provide a destination to save the file in your system and then hit the Export button.
4. At last, the software will provide you an export report that shows the contacts that have been converted to Excel CSV.
Related: Use Mac OLM converter tool to create file of various formats.
In this blog, you learned ways to export vCard contacts to Excel on Mac. We explained to you the manual methods of doing so but since there are certain limitations associated with them, we also provided a foolproof and trustworthy application to achieve the perfect results. You can avail the features of this free tool and convert the desired file without any damage.