It is not known by many users that you cannot extract all attachments from Gmail manually. Gmail does not provide an option to do so. You are only allowed to save a few attachments but not multiple at once.
You can take help from the Google Takeout Utility for getting the attachments but it will download all the emails and not only the attachments from your Gmail account.
Gmail is one of the most used email client and has provided various functions and benefits to all it users yet, there are some troubles you might face such as the one we are discussing. Let’s take a look at a user query to understand why a user wants to download all attachments from Gmail.
User Query – “I have a large number of emails in my mailbox from which I need to extract attachments from a lot of them. It will become a hectic job if I start saving attachments from these emails one-by-one and I need to do this fast. Is there any way which can help me perform this task more quickly and a secure way? There are pretty important attachments.“
Let’s find out how this blog solves the above mentioned user query.
The method for this task is simple and can be done in two quick steps:
These two stages contain only a few steps that you need to follow and get your desired attachments saved on your local system on both Windows OS as well as Mac OS.
Let’s learn the steps of both the stages in the upcoming segment.
To start with this stage, you have to first download the Gmail Backup Tool that will help you download all the emails that you want from your Gmail account and save those on your local storage. This will also help you keep a backup of your emails just in case anything unfortunate happens to your Gmail account.
The tool has a great amount of features that provide users a lot of benefits like with the help of the Date-Filter, users can selectively save the emails on their storage.
Emails from Single/Multiple user accounts can be saved without going through any troubles. There is an option to retain the space on your server by using the Delete After Download feature. Also, a Pause and Resume option to stop the process in between if so required and resume it back from where you left it.
The software to extract all attachments from Gmail also provides an option to generate a detailed report of the entire process and gives users the benefit of choosing the desired destination location for resultant files.
That’s enough about the tool, let’s jump onto how it works. Follow the performance steps as given below:
1. Download the wizard and launch it on your Windows OS desktop. Enter the credentials for your Gmail account and hit Login.
2. Choose MBOX as the export type and hit on the Browse button to choose desired destination path for results.
3. Click on the Delete After Download button and press on the Yes button when prompted with a warning.
4. Select the Apply Filters option and mark the folders you want to export your mails from. Also, choose the dates you want to save the messages from if so required.
5. After all that is done, click on the Start button and the software will start taking backup of your data.
You will find out that you have successfully downloaded the files on your local system as backup in MBOX file format. This software is available in Windows OS 10, 8.1, 8, 7, and lower versions.
Let’s now move to the next stage to download all attachments from Gmail.
In this stage, you have the downloaded MBOX files saved in your system along with the attachments. Now, install the MBOX Attachment Extractor Tool to take out the attachments from the saved files.
This tool will help you to extract all the attachments that you want in one go and without causing any troubles. You have the option to select the files individually or add them in batch by selecting the folder(s) containing MBOX files.
The process for extraction when finished, is stored in the desired location along with a CSV file of all the details stored as a success and failure report. This way, you can check how many files have been failed to extract (if any) and which files these are.
Let’s now take a look at the steps of this tool to complete the process to extract all attachments from Gmail:
1. Launch the software on Windows OS and choose the MBOX/MBS radio button. Then, click on the Add File(s) option.
2. Choose the MBOX files you have downloaded from the previous stage and click on Open. Hit Next and move further.
3. Select your choice of Folder Hierarchy option and choose Create Folder for Each File Type or Create Single Folder for All Attachments option. Hit Next.
4. Select the Change button and choose a destination location for the files that will be extracted. Hit Next.
5. Apply the filters of your choice and decide the File Size and enter the size in the relevant field. Also, mark the File Type Include/Exclude button if so needed.
6. Enter the Naming Convention for both Attachment and Attachment Folder and hit Extract to end the process.
You have now successfully completed the process of extraction and can check the progress report on the screen as well as in the CSV file saved on your desired location along with the attachments. This software supports extraction in Windows OS 10, 8.1, 8, 7, and Windows server 2008, 2012, and 2016.
Since there are no such methods to extract all attachments from Gmail in one slot, users tend to get confused and all panicky on what to do next. There is no need to worry as the method mentioned in this blog is the best and the only option that you have. The workaround is divided in two easy steps along with two different tools to make the work even more easy for you.