How to Backup Phone Contacts to Gmail Account Using Simple Methods
Summary: There are various methods to backup phone contacts to Gmail account. In this blog, you will find two simple methods to save the contacts; one being the manual method and the other one being an expert-recommended solution.
No doubt, Gmail is the most reliable and convenient web-based email application. Also, it contains some advanced features like spam filtering, storage space (15 GB), two-step verification, etc. Thus, many users want to save phone contacts to Gmail account. As this approach is not very difficult, but most of the people are not aware about it. So, to help the users who want to import phone contacts to Gmail, we will share a step-by-step guide for the same.
Manual Steps to Backup Phone Contacts to Gmail Account
Go through the following steps that will help to perform the task. Please have a look:
- If you are using Android phone then, your all the contacts are automatically saved to Gmail account.
- If you have already saved an email address to Gmail it will be backed up and should be in the list of ‘Contacts’. Select Google Contacts app on either a PC or mobile phone to check.
- You can check device by clicking Contacts, go to Settings> Accounts>> Google option
- It will show the Gmail address that you use and multiple checkboxes for data you may want to sync like App Data and Contacts. Make sure that the slider for each contact is on to successfully import phone contacts to Gmail.
- On the computer, log in to Gmail account, click the drop-down arrow and choose Contacts.
- Then, it will take you to the contacts app. Keep in mind everything is correct and edit all the details you need. Once it is completed, it automatically gets updated.
- If it will show all contacts here then, your all phone contacts are synced with Gmail account and you will take backup of these contacts at any time.
“Hello everyone, I am having more than 300 contacts in my phone and its quite difficult to manage all of them. Sometimes I am working away from my office table at that time I cannot access all my contacts. Thus, I need to backup phone contacts to Google account but do not know the solution to do so. Can anybody suggest me a feasible solution to take phone contacts on Gmail account?”
Automated Solution to Backup Phone Contacts to Gmail Account
After considering the above scenario, you can also try this Gmail Backup Tool to save the contacts to Gmail. It is designed in such a way so that the user can easily take the backup of contacts from Gmail account without any risk or data loss. It is capable enough to save phone contacts to Gmail in different file formats such as EML, MSG, PST. It has a simple and user-friendly interface that even a novice user can use it without taking expert advice. Here are the following steps to backup Gmail emails:
- Launch the software to initiate the process to import phone contacts to Gmail on your system. Add all the Gmail credentials containing username and password.
- Users can be redirected to the browser where they must confirm the credentials.
- After this, they have to permit the software to access Gmail account data. Choose backup formats like EML, MSG, PST according to your choice. Add the destination location and then, apply multiple filters that are needed.
- Click the Start button and now, the export process will begin. When it is finished, users will receive a notification or email.
Time to Wind Up
Backup is the best way to protect crucial data and save it somewhere else for future reference. So, in this blog, we have described a solution to let users understand how to backup phone contacts to Gmail. Users can simply follow the guidelines that we have mentioned here and successfully backup Gmail contacts. Else, users can take the help of a reliable third-party tool which is mentioned above. This utility allows a user to backup Gmail contacts to vCard format and also maintain the account history throughout the backup process.