Use Top 2 Best Ways to Save Gmail Emails to Hard Drive
Summary: This write-up explains the two best possible ways to save Gmail emails to hard drive in just a few steps. One is an automated tool that offers various advanced features to make the job effortless. Second is the manual method which is free of cost but comes with certain limitations. Have a look at both methods to backup gmail emails to hard Drive and choose the most suitable for you.
Gmail is one of the most preferable choices for webmail clients because it’s free of cost, provides multiple business applications, generous storage space, etc. However, it’s crucial to download Gmail emails to hard drive as this storage space is getting less sufficient day by day as technology is evolving.
It is allowed to store only a fixed amount of data i.e., 15 GB. Moreover, this storage space is shared between three services i.e., Gmail, Google Drive, and Google Photos. When this storage limit is reached, Gmail becomes non-functional and there might be a loss of data, and users face Gmail running out of storage space issues. At this point in time, users cannot even delete their important emails.
So, to overcome this limitation, experts advise saving Gmail emails to Hard Drive. Now, the question is how one can implement the same without losing a single bit of data. To know this in detail, read this article till the end and you will get two ways to do so.
“I am using Gmail since 2010 and my mailbox is filled up with a large number of emails. Now, there are some important emails also, which are hard to filter. To free up storage for new emails, I cannot even delete my old emails. Therefore, I decided to save Gmail emails to Hard Drive. If anyone knows any solution to copy Gmail emails to hard drive, please recommend.”
Best Method to Download Gmail Emails to Hard Drive
The direct solution for saving emails from a Gmail account without any effort is via an automated tool. Use the Best Rated Gmail Backup tool that allows users to download crucial Gmail data (emails, contacts, calendars, and documents) without any effort.
Apart from this, there are many other features offered by the tool to customize the process. There is a date range and folder filter to download only the selected set of data. This feature makes the entire process quick and efficient. Additionally, there is an option to delete the data once it is downloaded. This feature helps to free up the space occupied by those emails & download Gmail emails to hard drive.
A user can export Gmail emails to PST, PDF, MBOX, MSG, and EML file formats. This makes it easy for users to access Gmail emails in other email applications. Some other advanced options provided by the software for learning how to save Gmail emails to hard drive are:
- Option to perform Incremental Migration in the next attempt.
- Save Gmail emails in multiple file formats.
- Capable of saving Gmail emails, calendars, contacts, and documents.
- Allows to select folders to download selective data from Gmail.
- Date-based filter option to save data from a specific date range.
- Option to delete data after download for free storage space.
- Supports all versions of the Microsoft Windows operating system.
Guided Steps to Backup and Download Gmail Emails to Hard Drive
1. Download the utility to get the backup and save it on the local or external hard drive. Provide the login details of the Gmail account.
2. Then, choose the Email format to save the email backup.
3. After that, select the Category which is needed to backup and download.
4. Now, by using the Browse option select the folder path to save. You can also use the Apply filter option.
5. Finally hit the Start button to take backup and save Gmail emails to hard Drive.
Once you have exported the backup file in any of the file formats simply move that file to a hard drive or any external hard drive. This way users can follow the steps to backup gmail emails to hard drive.
Save Gmail Emails to Hard Drive Via Google Takeout
Google provides Google Takeout for free which lets users download Gmail data on the local machine. This will save Gmail emails to Hard Drive in MBOX format. Moreover, the MBOX format is supported by a wide range of email applications. So, exporting Gmail emails via Takeout is not a bad idea.
- Enter Gmail credentials to log in to Takeout.
- A screen with multiple listed data items is displayed.
- Now, as you need to download Gmail emails, turn on the Mail icon only and turn off the rest of them.
- Two options are offered for saving Gmail emails to hard drive i.e., Includes all of your mail and Select Labels. Here, you can choose the option as per your requirements.
- In the case of the Select Labels option, a dialogue box containing labels is displayed on the screen. Select the label of your choice and click on the OK button.
- Now, click on the Next option.
- Now to backup Gmail emails to hard drive, you can choose the desired File type and Archive file size here.
- After that, choose the delivery mode for the archive file. Here, we have selected the Send download link via email option.
- Lastly, click the Create Export button to save Gmail emails to hard drive.
- Then, log in to your Gmail account and look for the email sent by Google Takeout.
- Open the email and click on the Download Archive button.
- It will be redirected to the Google Takeout tab and begin the Gmail email downloading process in a ZIP format on the local machine.
- Next, you need to extract data from the Zip file to complete learning how to save emails from Gmail to hard drive.
- You can easily see that the downloaded file is in MBOX format. Now, you can import it into any MBOX-supported email client.
Manual Procedure Limitations to Download Gmail Emails to Hard Drive
- If the process gets interrupted in between, you need to start again.
- A user will get Gmail data in MBOX format only not in any other desired format.
- The process is quite long and very time-consuming compared to a professional solution.
- There’s no option to perform incremental migration & might result in duplicates.
- Not possible to download data from a particular date range if you wish to backup Gmail emails to hard drive.
Also Read: How to Export Gmail Emails to PDF with Attachments
Mailbox data is always really crucial for every user and nobody wants to lose it. Therefore, users usually search for how to save Gmail emails to Hard Drive.
Keeping the importance of users’ data in mind, this blog will let them know both professional and manual ways to download emails from Gmail to Hard Drive. A user needs to make a choice between them as per his or her choice.
Q1. Is there a way to save all your emails from your Gmail account?
To save all gmail emails you can use Google Takeout which helps you take the backup or you can go for the automated tool which gives the option to save the backup file in different formats.
Q2. Can we use this tool to get the Email backup from multiple Gmail accounts?
Yes, the software allows you to take the backup from multiple Gmail accounts.
Q3. Does the software only work for the @gmail.com domain?
Yes, the tool is developed that only works for @gmail.com.