Learn How to Decrypt PDF Files Protected with User Passwords
It’s been seen that many times users are searching for “how to decrypt password protected PDF files”. Whether it is a Windows or Mac user, everyone is facing issues with encrypted PDF files. Basically, PDF files are encrypted with password security it could be either user-level or owner-level. With the user-level security, the file is restricted to open until n unless the correct password is entered. Also, with owner-level security, the file is secured for print, copy, edit, etc. Now, in this blog, we will be focusing on how to decrypt PDF files protected with user passwords.
Thus, to get complete information about it, go through this write-up and learn the entire process to decrypt a secured PDF file.
What is the Need to Decrypt Protected PDF Files?
There are many reasons why it is required to remove password encryption from PDF documents. These are as follows:
- It is not possible to remember the security password of each document for a lifetime. Therefore, in such cases, the best solution will be to remove the password from the PDF.
- It is not possible to copy, print, or edit the PDF document without entering the correct password.
- It becomes a time-consuming task to enter the password again and again for opening the PDF file.
- Sometimes people don’t want to share the password for the PDF document due to some privacy concerns.
User Scenario Demanding to Decrypt Password Protected PDF Files
Query: “Recently, I switched to Mac OS X from Windows operating system. However, I am having some password protected files from which I need to remove encryption. It becomes necessary for me to remove password encryption from PDF files urgently. Does anyone know how can I decrypt multiple PDF files on Mac machine? Also, what if I want to remove permission password from PDF documents?”
Solution: Don’t bother. You can easily batch decrypt protected PDF files step by step. There is a perfect solution available to decrypt password protected PDF. We have explained it in the below section. So, go through it & understand it more clearly.
How to Decrypt PDF Files Protected With User Passwords on Windows?
If anyone wants to remove password encryption from PDF documents without following too many steps, then this is the best solution. Using the PDF Restriction Remover Tool.
users can remove any type of restriction applied to a particular PDF file. Multiple PDF files can be inserted into the tool and it can easily process them and unlock the PDF files. The tool allows removing the Owner level password from multiple PDF files.
- Launch the tool as it gets downloaded and use the Add File(s) to decrypt password protected PDF Documents.
- Enter the destination location for the resultant document and choose to Save or Print PDF files.
- Now, to begin the process of unlocking PDF files, the user has to click the “Unlock PDF” button.
Read More: Instant Ways to Merge Secured PDF Files for Mac & Windows OS
How to Remove Password Encryption from PDF on Mac?
If you are a Mac user then this software is for you. With this program, users can batch decrypt PDF files protected with user passwords. Now, follow these steps carefully to carry out the process.
- Launch and run it on a Mac machine to decrypt password protected PDF.
- Select either Add File or Add Folder option & load the PDF file. Enter the user password of the PDF files.
- Now, make a decision to Save the file or print them, also use the Change button to set the folder path for saving the files.
- Now, the user has to click the Unlock button to start the procedure and decrypt PDF files protected with user passwords.
- The confirmation message gets displayed to the user. Now, you have successfully decrypted protected PDF files.
After following the above steps users can open the file without entering the password.
Also Read: How to Save Pages from a PDF Using Best Methods
By reading this article you can know how to decrypt PDF files protected with user passwords. Individual steps are provided for both Windows as well as for Mac users. According to me these steps as really simple to follow as they don’t require any technical knowledge to be followed. So, go use these applications and remove encryption from PDF documents.
Commonly Asked Queries
Q1. Can I Use this tool to unlock my files which are large in size?
Yes, there is no certain limitation on adding files, you can add as many files as you want for unlocking purpose.
Q2. Does this tool decrypt secured PDF files without a password?
No, the user will have to enter the document open password to unlock or remove the restrictions applied on PDF.
Q3. What type of restriction can I remove using this tool?
The software helps you to remove the restriction and enables the copy, print, edit, extract, add comment & signature options.