How to Merge Secured PDF Files for Mac & Windows OS
Are you in a search to merge secured PDF files and keep them into a single file? If yes, then this article is for you. Read this post which will surely help you to execute this task in less time.
We see that the small or large firms generally use PDF files and to make it protected they apply some restrictions on the PDF files. Even a user also uses this if they have the Adobe acrobat professional version.
However, sometimes a situation arises when a user wants to Merge encrypted PDF files and doesn’t have the Adobe Acrobat DC Pro. Here, the user can face a dead-end situation. The user need not have to worry at all. Because this post will explain a quick and effective technique to merge locked PDF files.
What is the Intention to Merge Protected PDF Files?
Managing multiple PDF files simultaneously can create a mess. So, it is a good practice to merge similar field PDF files. Below written are some common reasons for merging two or more PDF files:
- Combining multiple PDFs into one helps to carry it easily and save space.
- Merging PDF files help users to easily print all the files at once.
- Brings reduction in the accidental deletion of PDF files.
- Saves time when searching for specific data in the system.
- Makes easier for sharing purposes.
Before we move forward, one thing that the user should know is if they have user-level encrypted PDF files or Owner level secured PDF files. Because we need to take the steps depending on the type of secured PDF files. Let’s explore these types.
- User Level PDF Protection: In this, the PDF file data cannot be viewed without entering the password. This is used to restrict the user to view/access the content in the document.
- Owner Level Protection: Unlike User level security, the user can view the file content. However, they are restricted either to Print, Edit, extract, Copy PDF file data.
Based on these two scenarios user will need to look and then move ahead to merge secured PDF files.
Amalgamating Two or More PDF Documents Using the Adobe Acrobat DC Pro
Using a premium application, the Adobe Acrobat DC Pro is a professional tool using which users can easily merge encrypted PDF files easily. This method is applicable only if the user has the paid version of Adobe pro. Though it provides a demo trial version for a week.
If the user already has this tool, then read the instruction below and coalesce the locked PDFs
- On your system open the Adobe Acrobat PRO DC application and press the Tool button available on the top left.
- Here you will see so many tools available to use, select the Combine files option to merge locked PDF files.
- Now hit the Add files button and then add the PDF files to merge.
- After the selection of PDF files completes, press the Combine Files option. And then hit the Save button.
User Tip – Apart from this method, there are other methods which are there on the internet that can add two PDF files in one. However, they cannot merge encrypted PDF files. So, if the user doesn’t have the professional version of the Adobe PDF, then the user should look for a trusted and reliable tool which can execute this task.
The Alternative Technique for How to Merge Secured PDF Files
If you don’t have the Adobe Pro version subscription. Then, here is an alternative method to execute the same option to merge two or more Adobe PDF documents by using the PDF Merge and Split Utility. This can merge multiple PDF files at the same time. Moreover, users can combine them by Page Range, which maintains the structure and formatting of PDF file pages. Enables the option to save the combined PDF into the New or Existing File. This tool not only combines two PDF files but also split password protected PDF files.
Also, the best thing about this tool is that both Win and Mac OS users can use this to combine secured PDF files.
Follow the instructions mentioned below if you don’t have a password and want to merge protected PDF files:
- Install the utility, open it on the system and choose the Merge option to merge encrypted PDF files.
- Now using Add File(s)/Add Folder(s) option load the PDF file(s) to combine secured PDF files.
- If the PDF selected have user-level protection, then enter the password. If it has only an owner-level password, then press the Next button to merge secured PDF files by not typing the password.
- Then in the destination path section choose between the options Create New PDF or Merge in Existing. Next, use the Change button to set the file location to save the merged file.
- After following all the steps perfectly, press the Merge button to combine secured PDF files.
Also Read: How to Automatically Extract Data from PDF Documents?
Also Refer: Add Watermark to PDF Files – PDF Text / Image Watermarking Technique
This article majorly focuses on techniques that can help users to merge secured PDF files. there are several instant PDF merger tools available, but they are not made to combine the locked PDF files. Moreover, they can only merge limited PDF files.
If we talk about the Adobe Acrobat DC Pro application, then a few of the users can merge protected PDF documents. Because its monthly changes are high. Hence, some of the users can’t afford it. For such users, we have mentioned a budget-friendly and tested tool that can perform the entire operation in less time and can merge multiple PDF encrypted files easily.