How to Migrate Lotus Notes to Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013 With a Reliable Method?
Summary: Are you looking for a tried and tested solution to migrate Lotus Notes emails to Outlook 2019, 2016, or 2013? If yes, then you have landed at the right place. Here, you will get a sure-shot solution to perform the export process with 100% accuracy.
User Query 1 – “Our organization has recently shifted from Lotus Notes. Now we use Outlook and as a system admin, I have been asked to migrate Lotus Notes emails to Outlook. I have no idea how to transfer orphan files from Lotus Notes. If anyone knows how to export emails easily, kindly reply. Thanks.”
User Query 2 –“When I decided to forward all emails from Lotus Notes, I knew I had to migrate my emails. I started to search for a way to perform this export. I came to know about the manual method but I do not find it reliable. Is there any automated way to perform the migration procedure that I can completely depend upon? Please let me know.”
Are you one of the people who have to recently transfer Lotus Notes emails to Outlook and now want to convert the mailbox? Do not worry as you are not the only one with this necessity. Many IBM Notes users are moving their emails to Outlook 2013, 2016, 2019. Since we have seen numerous people wanting to learn this email transfer technique, we have decided to help them. In this write-up, we will share a modern method to export IBM Notes mailbox in a quick and appropriate way.
How to Migrate Lotus Notes Emails to Outlook?
There are two approaches that are used to move emails from IBM Lotus Notes. The first one is the traditional way in which, users have to export emails from IBM Lotus using Notes Export wizard. Then they have to import that file in Outlook.
#1 Convert Lotus Notes Email to Outlook for Free
There are two steps:
Step 1: Export Lotus Notes data in CSV
- Run Lotus Notes application.
- Open the Mail tab and go to the File menu option.
- Click Export button to run the Export wizard.
- Select ‘Comma Separated Values/Structured text’ to save the emails.
- Click Continue to proceed.
- Finally, click on Export button to export the mail file.
Step 2: Import the file in Microsoft Outlook
- Run Microsoft Outlook application.
- Open the File menu and click Open and Export option.
- Select Import & Export button.
- Choose Import from another program or file.
- Click Next.
- Select Comma Separated Values.
- Click Next.
- Select the CSV file that you exported from Lotus Notes.
- Click Finish.
Earlier, people used to apply this method frequently, but this method has some limitations. The manual method allows only the conversion of emails from Lotus Notes email client. It will not work if users have orphan files on their system.
Moreover, this process is time-consuming. Users have to perform all the steps by themselves, therefore need to invest time and attention. Keeping all these disadvantages in mind, modern technology has been invented to export the data and make it easier for the users.
Also Read: How to Open Lotus Notes NSF File?
#2 Modern Method to Transfer Lotus Notes to Outlook?
The traditional method commonly used to migrate the data has become outdated because of its drawbacks. Since people have a better option to migrate the emails, the manual method is not popular anymore. Nowadays, people use the migration tool to move the data to Outlook 2013, 2016, and 2019. Here, the readers will know how to perform this operation with the help of tool to Convert NSF to PST.
- Download and open the tool to migrate Lotus Notes emails to Outlook.
- Click Add Folder to select the NSF file that contains IBM emails.
- On the next page, select the category email for migration. If you want to convert all emails, then select the corresponding radio button. Else, choose Apply Filter(s) option and click Set and move forward with the process to transfer Lotus Notes emails to Outlook.
- Email Date Filter dialogue box will appear. Here, you can choose a date range to select some emails based on their received date. Click Apply to return to the previous screen.
- Check Select Advance Option if you have a higher level of knowledge regarding this. Otherwise, skip it.
- If you have a large sized file and think that the resultant file will also contain a lot of data, the next option is for you. Check Split options for Outlook data files option to split PST file once it reaches a limit. You can also enter the PST file size limit here.
- Select the destination folder of your choice for the resultant file.
- Click Export button to start the conversion process.
- The live status of the export process will get displayed on the software window.
- When the export is done, users will get a notification message.
- You will also be given an option to save the full export report of moving emails from Lotus Notes into Outlook.
Why Choose the Tool to Migrate Lotus Notes Emails to Outlook?
These characteristics help a user to easily Forward all Emails from Lotus Notes:
- Exports all attachments in their original format.
- Converts encrypted emails by decrypting first.
- Maintenance of original Notes folder hierarchy.
- Supports Lotus Notes 9.0.1 and all lower versions.
- Retains email header and HTML formatting.
- Save Emails from Lotus Notes to Hard Drive
Verified User Testimonials
“I am a Lotus Notes Administrator in my organization and I used the free trial version of this software to export Lotus Notes to Outlook 2016. I first tested all the features and was satisfied with the working of this tool. After complete satisfaction, we purchased this amazing utility and migrated over 500 files in no time. I would recommend this software to everyone who is looking to migrate their data securely.”
“Our organization purchased 1150 licenses of this software to migrate Lotus Notes emails to Outlook. I must say that this tool made our job a lot easier and efficient. I really liked the folder mapping option of this software as we exported our entire Lotus Notes data into separate folders of Outlook files.”
People who are leaving IBM Notes and moving to Outlook surely need to migrate their mailbox data. As we have mentioned in the post, the traditional method of email migration is not in use anymore. Most people prefer to use the automatic technique to migrate Lotus Notes emails to Outlook 2019, 2016, and 2013.
When it comes to using the tool for conversion, it is the perfect one. Whether these are emails from a Domino-connected Lotus mail or some orphan files, the software can easily transfer these files into Outlook. If you are looking for a risk-free migration, choose this program.