How to Recover Deleted Distribution List in Outlook 2007: The Best Solution
Microsoft Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013 allows users to organize their contacts into Contact Groups, which is also known as Distribution List in older versions of MS Outlook like 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002, 2000, etc. A Distribution List is a set of multiple email addresses that can be used to send an email message or a meeting invitation in the group at once. These contact lists can be saved within the contacts folder and chosen while composing a new email.
So in this blog, we will discuss how to recover deleted distribution in Outlook account without any data loss.
See User Issues: Check Your Outlook Trouble Here!
The Outlook users spend a lot of time creating and managing their contact groups/ distribution list and if it gets deleted accidentally, it feels like a disaster. Once users lost their well-managed distribution list in Outlook, they will start searching the queries like how to recover deleted contact groups (distribution list) in Outlook. Let’s understand this scenario more clearly with the help of a real user query:
“Since last few years, we were using a local distribution list to send important information to our employees within our organization according to each departments. This distribution list includes some crucial employee data like personal details, email addresses with attachments, home addresses etc. However last month, while deleting the data of a few employees who left the organization, we lost a few other important contacts also along with the highlighted contacts. And we realized it very late.
How can we get back this contact list as it is not under the Deleted Items folder? Is there some direct solution to recover deleted distribution list in Outlook account back? Please help!”
Considering such user queries, we have come up with this article. Here, we are going to introduce users to a simple and most efficient technique for the same.
Quick and 100% Safe Solution to Recover Deleted Distribution List in Outlook
If you have deleted your Outlook distribution list mistakenly then, Deleted Items folder is the first place to check for it. But, if the deleted list is not there then, you have to take help from a professional third-party utility.
The tool to repair Outlook PST file is one of the most professional software recommend by experts to recover deleted Outlook distribution list. This can be utilized to recover a permanently deleted distribution list that comprises attachments and other contact fields like personal, contact, and addresses details. Below is how to use this tool for recovering deleted distribution list of Outlook.
Steps to Retrieve Contact Groups in Outlook
- Launch Outlook Recovery Tool and click on Add File button
- Now, you will get two different options to add PST file from which the distribution list gets deleted:
- Select File: If you know the exact location of PST file in your system then, choose this option and browse the desired PST
- Search File: If the location of PST file is unknown then, select this option to search PST within a particular or all drives
Note: If the browsed PST is password protected and you have forgotten the password of this file then, the tool can recover deleted distribution list in Outlook PST even without asking you to enter the password
- The software provides two different options to scan the PST i.e., Quick Scan (for minor-level corrupted PST) and Advanced Scan (for severely corrupted PST). Choose the appropriate scanning option. Click Add button.
- The PST scanning process will begin after this and the current progress report of scanning will be displayed by the software
- All the recovered data will be listed by the software in left preview pane and the folders with data will be displayed in bold fonts.
- From data items tab, click on Contacts and the tool will display all the recovered contacts groups (distribution list) and other contacts with Full Name, Company, Business, and Home Details etc. in the panel.
- In order to check the data of a specific contact, select the contact from the list and all the details of that contact will be displayed in the bottom pane of the software. This contact information view can be shifted horizontally and vertically as per requirement using its Switch View option
- Now, the recovered contacts can be categorized as per the displayed fields such as Full Name, Company, File As, etc.
- After this, select all the contacts you want to recover and click on the Export Selected button or directly hit the Export button to export all the recovered contacts from the PST file.
- In case you want to recover deleted distribution list in Outlook and only save them, then select those contact groups from the software preview pane and click on the Export Selected option.
- From Select Export Type window, choose PST or any other desired format in which you want the save recovered deleted contact groups (distribution list)
- Next, click on Browse and select a destination location for the recovered contact list. Click OK
- Eventually, hit the Export button and the distribution list export process will begin right after this
- Once the export operation gets completed, hit the OK button
After this, import the recovered deleted distribution list in Outlook and access all its contact details and attachments without any hassle.
Microsoft Outlook distribution list plays an important role when it comes to manage and send a single email to several users at once. But, when these contact groups get deleted by users unintentionally, it interrupts their workflow and affects productivity. Hence, this article explains how to recover deleted distribution list in Outlook in a couple of clicks even without losing a single bit of information.