Top 3 Ways to Save Google Contacts to Computer to Protect Your Contacts
User Query – Right now, I download my contacts from my Google account because backing up important data is a must. However, the backup is only done partially, which is the issue. I want to fully back up and save Google contacts to computer. Could anyone please tell me trustworthy ways to store Google contacts?
Gmail, a major worldwide email provider, eases people’s lives with its extensive and user-friendly features. Its billions of users have amassed hundreds of billions of contacts since its launch in 2004. We’re left wondering the same thing: what happens if you want to export them?
Whether you use Gmail for personal or professional purposes, adding contacts to your account allows it to keep track of your information. However, you might grow tired of Gmail’s limitless features or decide to export your contacts to another email client. So through this post, we will discuss and explore some effective methods to extract the contacts from Gmail account to computer.
Table of Contents:
Let us first explore the table of contents:
Why is it Required to Save Google Contacts to Computer?
A big component of Google’s web-based email service, Gmail, is Google Contacts. It specifically aids users in backing up their Google Contacts. Gmail users don’t need to rely on any particular platform to access Google Contacts at any time or place. Even though users must back up their contacts, it is still possible that they will lose access to their Gmail contacts or that they won’t be able to log in.
Occasionally, he or she wishes to transfer contacts to a different address. Making regular backups will be beneficial in these kinds of situations. However, the question that comes to mind for users is how to back up their Google contacts and do so without losing any data.
How to Save Google Contacts to Computer Using the Most Effective Solution
There are a few methods available to get Google contacts and save them on the computer. However, some users might find some difficulties in the process. Hence, using the Gmail Backup Tool makes it an easier way to download Google contacts to PC in multiple formats like PST, PDF, MSG, EML, and MBOX. It also provides to save in VCF format. Not only the contacts but you can also export Gmail emails to hard drive. Other than this, you can also get the option to export Gmail emails, Docs, and calendars.
With that, you also get many other advanced features to use and download other Google elements as per your requirements. Let’s see how to get Google contacts on PC using this advanced backup software:
- Download and run the tool to Save Google Contacts to Computer. Then Enter your Google account login credentials.
- Choose “Contacts” as the item category to save that and select the Export option.
- Select the destination to export and save the file. If needed you can also use the Apply Filters option to get the which is required.
- Finally, press the Start button to start the process and save Google contacts to Computer.
Download Google Contacts to PC Using the Export Facility By Google
Google provides an Export facility to back up and get Gmail contacts to PC. It generally offers different file formats to save Contacts of Gmail in Google CSV, Outlook CSV, or vCard (for iOS Contacts).
- Initially visit the site: https://contacts.google.com/ and then enter login details.
- A list of Google account contacts list will be shown. Select the required contacts to back up.
(To export and download all contacts, click the expandable arrow on the left, pick the All option, and select any random checkbox next to the Google Contact. For export, every contact in the list will be chosen. )
- Once selected, press the More or 3 vertical dots and click the Export option.
- A small Window will open asking you to select the export file type: Google CSV, Outlook CSV and Vcard(For iOS).
- Once the format has been chosen, click on the Export button. The download process will begin.
- After Download completes, access the files directly by clicking the Open File option.
How to Download Google Contacts to PC Using Google Takeout?
Another feature that Google provides is known as Google Takeout which allows users to export of all sorts of data available in their Google account like Gmail messages, Contacts, Calendar, Notes, Photos etc and store it on the PC as a zip file.
- You can deselect every application by logging in with your Google account. Next, select “Just Contacts” and select “Next”. Use your Google account to log in.
- With your contacts, Takeout will generate a download file. Thus, the zip file can be downloaded by clicking the Download button.
This way you will be able to save Google contacts to computer using the Google Takeout option. The same tool can be used to get the other Google elements.
Also Read: Learn How to fix the Issue Retrieve Gmail Emails Not Received Due To Storage Full
Through this post, we have discussed why it is important to get Google contacts on PC. As we know Gmail contacts are important when it requires to communication. However, due to any given reasons, it requires users to save Google contacts to computer. So, we have explained a few solutions which can help easily export contacts from your Gmail account.