Know How to Transfer Gmail to Windows Live Mail in an Easy Way
September 21st, 2018 |
Gmail is a web-based email client that is provided by Google. It is most popular amongst today’s users. It has got many features which makes it most successful. On the other hand, Windows Live Mail (WLM) is a desktop-based email client provided by Microsoft. It is a desktop-based email client and has many features. Sometimes users want to access both web-based and desktop-based email client at the same place. At that point in time, they need to synchronize Gmail with WLM. Now, to know how to transfer Gmail to Windows Live Mail, continue reading the blog.
Reasons for Forwarding Gmail to Windows Live Mail
There can be many possible reasons due to which users want to add Gmail account to Windows Live Mail, they are listed below:
- Windows Live Mail is an easy and user-friendly email application that is why it is in demand by the users
- WLM loads email quicker and it is easy to function
- WLM allows to configure multiple email clients and access them at one place without any hassle.
This is why Gmail is transferred to Windows Live Mail by many users
A Professional Way to Transfer Gmail to Windows Live Mail
The Gmail Data backup software is one of the popularly used tools to add Gmail account to Windows Live Mail. It backup emails, calendars and documents from Gmail account. Further, it supports back up of Gmail to WLM in .eml file format. The steps to backup Gmail account is as follows:
- Launch the tool by clicking on All Program
Download Now Purchase Now
- After launching the Software, credentials for Gmail account has to be provided
- The prompt will be shown by the software to redirect to the Gmail login page. Click OK
- The credential for Gmail account has to be provided for which back up has to be taken
- On the next screen, click Allow button so that application can have an access to Gmail account
- In the next menu, file format has to be chosen. Select Export as EML option
- Radio button has to be chosen corresponding to EML labelled Text. Choose Browse for the final destination of the export process
- After navigation and selection of destination, click OK button
- Corresponding to Browse button, the file that is selected will be displayed in the Text box
- Application of customized filter can take place by Clicking Apply Filter button
- Provision of Custom filter should take place as per which back up of Gmail account can take place like Select Folders- Choosing the folder for back up creation and Email Filter. It includes date filter like from and to which defines the start and end date.
- The process will be started by the software to transfer Gmail to Windows Live mail. After that screen will be displayed showing the successful download of the data.
- At the destination, you can view the converted files
- EML file can be viewed with the application like WLM
Manual Method to Transfer Gmail to Windows Live mail
- In the web browser, login to Google cloud email account by typing mail.google.com
- In an upper right corner of the Gmail inbox window, click the Gear button and select settings from the drop down menu
- Through the setting screen, click Forwarding POP/ IMAP. Scroll down to IMAP section and select enable IMAP option
- On the bottom of the screen, click Save changes button
- When for the first time WLM runs by the user. Add an Email Account dialog box automatically opens. In case it does not appear or a user has already set up account apart from Gmail. Select Add an Email account button in the WLM Account ribbon
- Under Email address type full email address. Enter Google cloud password in the second field. The Google cloud password will be remembered by Windows Mail but the user can uncheck the remember password checkbox
- Display Name which is the last field signifies how the email would appear to the recipient after it is sent by the user. The display name can be anything it doest not have to match with the Gmail address
- Lastly, Click Next button once the user has finished setting up of Gmail account. A screen will come if WLM is successfully connected to Gmail
- Further Click Next button if the user has finished setting up of Gmail account. A confirmation will come that is “Your email account was added”
Migration from the web-based email client to desktop-based without any loss of data is a tough task. Thus, this blog will let users know how to transfer Gmail to Windows Live Mail in an efficient manner. However, WLM has got many features due to which users switch towards it. There are two methods with which the conversion of Gmail to Windows Mail can take place. One is via some professional tool and the other is a manual method. The manual method is not at all feasible approach as it very lengthy and time consuming. And, on the other hand, the third-party tool is easy-to-use. But it is all depend upon the users for which they want to go.