Know How to Transfer Gmail to Windows Live Mail in an Easy Way
Gmail is a web-based email client that is provided by Google. It is most popular amongst today’s users. It has got many features which makes it most successful. On the other hand, Windows Live Mail (WLM) is a desktop-based email client provided by Microsoft. It is a desktop-based email client and has many features. Sometimes users want to access both web-based and desktop-based email client at the same place. At that point in time, they need to synchronize Gmail with WLM. Now, to know how to transfer Gmail to Windows Live Mail, continue reading the blog.
Reasons for Forwarding Gmail to Windows Live Mail
There can be many possible reasons why users want to add Gmail account to Windows Live Mail, they are listed below:
- Windows Live Mail is an easy and user-friendly email application which is why it is in demand by users
- WLM loads email quicker and it is easy to function.
- WLM allows you to configure multiple email clients and access them at one place without any hassle.
This is why Gmail is transferred to Windows Live Mail by many users.
A Professional Way to Transfer Gmail to Windows Live Mail
The Gmail Data backup software is one of the popularly used tools to add Gmail account to Windows Live Mail. It backup emails, calendars and documents from Gmail account. Further, it supports the backup of Gmail to WLM in .eml file format.
Also, it can help to extract all attachments from Gmail. The steps to backup Gmail account is as follows:
- Launch the tool by clicking on All Program. After launching the Software, credentials for Gmail account have to be provided.
- The prompt will be shown by the software to redirect to the Gmail login page. Click OK.
- The credential for Gmail account has to be provided for which backup has to be taken.
- On the next screen, click the Allow button so that the application can have access to Gmail account.
- In the next menu, the file format has to be chosen. Select Export as EML option.
- The radio button has to be chosen corresponding to EML labelled Text. Choose Browse for the final destination of the export process.
- After navigation and selection of destination, click the OK button.
- Corresponding to the Browse button, the file that is selected will be displayed in the Text box.
- Application of customized filter can take place by Clicking the Apply Filter button.
- Provision of Custom filter should take place as per which back up of Gmail account can take place like Select Folders- Choosing the folder for back up creation and Email Filter. It includes a date filter like from and to which defines the start and end date.
- Click the “Start” button to take the backup and transfer Gmail to Windows Live Mail.
- The process will be started by the software to transfer Gmail to Windows Live Mail. After that screen will be displayed showing the successful download of the data.
- At the destination, you can view the converted files.
- EML files can be viewed with an application like WLM.
Manual Method to Transfer Gmail to Windows Live Mail
- In the web browser, log in to Google Cloud email account by typing mail.google.com.
- In the upper right corner of the Gmail inbox window, click the Gear button and select settings from the drop-down menu.
- Through the settings screen, click Forwarding POP/ IMAP. Scroll down to the IMAP section and select the enable IMAP option.
- On the bottom of the screen, click the Save Changes button.
- When for the first time WLM runs by the user. Add an Email Account dialog box automatically opens. In case it does not appear or a user has already set up account apart from Gmail. Select the Add an Email account button in the WLM Account ribbon.
- Under Email address type full email address. Enter the Google Cloud password in the second field. The Google cloud password will be remembered by Windows Mail but the user can uncheck the remember password checkbox.
- Display Name which is the last field signifies how the email would appear to the recipient after it is sent by the user. The display name can be anything it does not have to match the Gmail address.
- Lastly, Click the Next button once the user has finished setting up of Gmail account. A screen will come if WLM is successfully connected to Gmail.
- Further, Click the Next button if the user has finished setting up of Gmail account. A confirmation will come that is “Your email account was added”.
Also Read: Use the Most Effective Way to Save Gmail Emails to Hard Drive
Migration from a web-based email client to a desktop-based without any loss of data is a tough task. Thus, this blog will let users know how to transfer Gmail to Windows Live Mail in an efficient manner. However, WLM has got many features due to which users switch towards it. There are two methods with which the conversion of Gmail to Windows Mail can take place. One is via some professional tool and the other is a manual method. The manual method is not at all a feasible approach as it is very lengthy and time-consuming. And, on the other hand, the third-party tool is easy-to-use. But it all depends upon the users for which they want to go.
Q1. How to manually import Gmail emails to Windows Live Mail?
We have explained this properly in this post, you can go and easily learn the method to import Gmail emails to Windows Live Mail.
Q2. How can we use this method to get the bulk Google mails in Windows Live Mail?
Here, you just need to install the app and choose export type as PST. Rest the software will do the execution.
Q3. Can we use this software for only the @Gmail domain?
Yes, the tool is developed only to take backups from the @Gmail domain.