G Suite Admin Export User Data – Download Emails Without Restraint
One of the many responsibilities of a G Suite administrator is to export user data and use it in the time of need. You can consider it as a backup process for the future. There are many reasons that lead to such circumstances. We have discussed them in this article. We have also discussed methods to know how G Suite Admin Export User data. You can read and learn the techniques to download emails without restraint along with the other mailbox items.
Some Reasons Why G Suite Admin Download User Data
- It helps as a backup when the information/data is deleted from the server.
- If a tool with saved credentials are lost, you can efficiently delete data without any remorse.
- Ransomware attacks target the organization’s cloud information. If that info is already downloaded, there is no need to panic.
- When an organization merge with another or acquisitions take place, it is common practice for an Admin to export G Suite user data.
- In many circumstances, data in certain G Suite user accounts are required for legal compliances.
- When an employee leaves, it is common to download the data and use the account for other employees.
With the reasons out of the way, let us strategize how to export G Suite user data without much complications.
Related Article: How to Export G Suite Calendar to Outlook?
G Suite Admin Export User Data – Reliable & Proven Methods
G Suite is a business oriented cloud service. While techniques such as Google Takeout have certain credibility to download data, it is only feasible for one single user account at a time. So, it is not advantageous for someone with administrator privileges. It is also ridden with errors and complicated issues.
So, we have compiled the techniques that make use of your admin authority and grant a way for G Suite to export user data from all/multiple user accounts at once. Please follow the one you like.
I. G Suite Data Export Tool Specifically for G Suite Admin
There are some stipulations or prerequisites related to this method. So, make sure to check for them before proceeding.
- Must be a super admin.
- Domain has to be older than 30 days or more.
- Accounts must not be more than 1000.
Now see the G Suite admin download user data technique:
- Log in with your G Suite credentials in your admin account.
- Open the Admin Console.
- Click the “>” icon on the top-right and click on Tools, then select Data Export option.
- Click the Start Export button and wait for a few days.
- Once the accounts are processed by Google, you will receive a download link via email.
Some Limitations Associated with G Suite Admin Export User Data:
- You cannot choose the category of data that needs to be migrated.
- There are no filters available for data export.
- You cannot select specific users for downloading data.
- Has to wait for a week for the download link and still not guaranteed if it will arrive.
Related Article: How to Export G Suite Mailbox to PST?
II. Simple G Suite Export Tool to Download Multiple User Accounts Data
The manual method is simple but not flexible. It does not provide any options to customize the process to your preferences.
Thus, it is recommended to opt for Tool to Backup G Suite. It is the best software to download G Suite user data of multiple accounts simultaneously. There are a number of features available such as choosing the category of data (emails, contacts, calendars, docs), and selecting specific user accounts for download purpose. Additionally, there are date-range filters and ‘delete after download’ option for the benefit of users. It is a tool specific for Windows users.
A new tool is available to export G Suite User data as per requirements.
The working and interface of this new tool is shown below:
- Launch the tool.
- Select ‘G Suite’ source platform.
- Choose user data category to export: Emails, contacts, calendars, documents.
- Enter G Suite admin id, complete the pre-requisites and enter other required info.
- Choose the location where the data will be exported.
- Enter the list of users whose data you want to export.
- Let the tool validate the user accounts.
- Click the ‘Start’ button to start the export process.
The following content is old and the software displayed is only available on-demand. Kindly, opt for the previously updated content for a better tool experience.
A Small Prerequisite:
- Open G Suite Admin Console.
- Go to Security, select Manage API consumer access, Enable API and enter the following details:
Steps for Admin to Download G Suite User Data
- Run the software on a Windows system and click on Backup button.
- Choose Domain Users and enter admin credentials.
- Import the list of users that needs to be exported (data) in the form of CSV file.
- View the CSV details in the next window and click Next button.
- Choose the preferred format to export user data along with necessary filters.
- Also, set the category of data for export and click Start to download G Suite user data.
This way, you can know how G Suite admin export user data and download emails, contacts, calendars and documents of multiple user accounts as your preference.
Related Article: How to Export Google Contacts to VCF Files?
It is essential for a G Suite administrator to download user data for back up purpose. Why and How it can be done is defined in this article in an easy-to-understand manner. Here, you have learned how G Suite Admin Export User Data from multiple accounts at once. The manual method is a bit simple but it has no options to customize export process to your preferences. Also, sometimes, you won’t ever receive any download link even after waiting for months. Hence, we recommend using the simple, proven and professional tool to download G Suite user data for admins.