Export Godaddy Email to Office 365 – Successful Migration in 2 Stages
There are various methods to export Godaddy email to Office 365 but all are either too slow or too complicated for a non-techie user to understand. Here, we will be explaining how you can perform the same task in two simple steps.
It is known by every Godaddy user that it is a web hosting provider which allows users to use webmail for communicating through emails. Even though, Godaddy provides various benefits and functions, but when we talk about communicating, there are a lot of users who want to move to Office 365 due to the emailing function provided by Microsoft 365.
Since Office 365 is mostly the first choice of those users who want to grow their businesses more, they want to migrate Godaddy workspace email to Office 365. Now, there is no direct method to perform this task since the Godaddy account settings of a user are configured with IMAP.
There are other procedures using Mozilla Thunderbird or going through the manual method for this process. But, the manual method requires a lot of time and technical expertise. In this method, you need to first follow a few preparation steps and then go through the migration task.
This is why, we have brought an easy solution to make it simple for you.
How to Export Godaddy Email to Office 365 Easily?
We will be performing the migration task here in two simple steps:
2. Exporting converted data file to Office 365
These are the two simple stages for the migration. Now, let’s get going to the explanations of this task and learn the procedure.
Let’s go through these stages and check out the procedure.
Stage 1 – Configure IMAP Account and Export Data to Outlook Data File
Many users know how to configure their IMAP accounts with Outlook to migrate Godaddy workspace email to Office 365. For those who don’t, find the steps below followed by the steps to export the data as Outlook supported file in continuation.
1. Open MS Outlook and the click on the File tab.
2. Choose the Add Account option from there.
3. Fill in the details like Name, Address, Password etc.
4. Hit Next and follow the given instructions.
Once the configuration is completed, follow these steps for exporting the PST file from it:
1. Go to the File tab again and choose the Open & Export option to start the process to export Godaddy email to Office 365.
2. Click on the Import/Export button and a wizard will open up.
3. In the Import & Export wizard, click on the Export to a file option and hit Next.
4. Choose the Outlook Data File (.pst) option and press the Next button.
5. Select the Include Subfolders option and hit Next.
6. Browse for the location to save the exported file and press the Finish button.
Once you have the converted data file, you can export it to Office 365 taking help from the professionals. Let’s see how.
Stage 2 – How to Migrate Godaddy Workspace Emails to Office 365 After Conversion?
For this stage, you need to download the Office 365 Import Tool and export the converted data file to Office 365. This software can upload the data to Primary as well as Shared mailboxes in Office 365 and has the ability to import large size mailboxes as well.
The tool provides a Date-Range filter to the users for selectively export data from a certain time-frame instead of importing the entire data. There is also an option to Include or Exclude the Deleted & Sent Items folders.
Now, towards the working steps of this tool.
Steps to Make the Tool Work to Export Godaddy Email to Office 365
1. Launch the software and fill in the credentials for Office 365 account. Press Login.
2. Click on the Add Folder option and choose the folder. Hit Ok and press the Next button.
3. Mark the checkboxes against the categories and Date-Filters. Enter the dates From and To and click on the Set button.
4. Choose the Include Folders option and add the folder to it. Check the Attach Outlook PST File option.
5. Select the Exclude Deleted Items and Exclude Sent Items option if required.
6. At last, hit the Export button to complete the task to migrate Godaddy workspace email to Office 365.
The file will be imported to your Office 365 account. There is a guarantee of keeping the attributes of the file maintained such as attachments and meta data after the exportation process. This tool is compatible with all the versions of MS Outlook and Windows OS.
Users may want to migrate to Office 365 due to the intelligent and growing functions it offers. Mostly organizations and enterprises prefer using Microsoft 365 as it helps in expanding the business. This is why, many users search for solutions to export Godaddy email to Office 365. Unfortunately, the manual method for this is tricky, lengthy, and time-consuming.
But, the method that we have explained here needs just a few minutes of your time. Using this solution, you can easily migrate the data in two easy steps and ensure the safety of the data.