How to Import Outlook Data File into Office 365? Simple Techniques
Are you struggling to import Outlook data file into Office 365? Don’t worry! This article is a complete walk-through of the same process. Just follow the below-mentioned steps and execute the task safely.
However, before getting into the process of import, let’s have a quick look into the Outlook data files creation.
Steps to Create Outlook Data File to Import into Office 365
Many of us are aware that Outlook stores emails, contacts, calendars, notes, journals etc in two different locations. One being a Personal storage table (.pst) file on the hard disk & the other is in the mailbox which is located on the server (using Outlook with MS Exchange Server).
If you are unaware of the process to generate Outlook data files, then in this section you can learn how to create one. If in case you already have the Outlook data file (.pst) then skip this section and proceed with techniques to import Outlook file into Office 365 account.
- Launch the MS Outlook for desktop and tap on the File tab in the top-left corner of the window.
- Now, to export your Outlook data, click on the Open & Export option >> Import/Export.
- Here, select the “Export to a file” option from the list and hit the Next button.
- In Import/Export wizard, choose the format of the item as the “Outlook data file (.pst)” option, then hit Next.
- Now, select the Outlook mailbox that you wish to access in your Office 365 account.
- Finally, browse a location for saving the exported data and hit the Finish button
Steps to Import Outlook Data File into Office 365
Import Outlook data to Office 365 directly without any data loss. This is how you can do this:
5 Short Steps to Import Outlook PST file to Office 365 Webmail:
- “Download” and “Install” Import tool
- Enter “User / Admin credentials” for login
- Import PST file using the “Add File / Folder”
- Select “Category” & “Apply Filter” for each
- Click on the “Import” button
Methods to Import Outlook Data File to Office 365 in a Few Clicks
There are several possible solutions available for importing single/multiple outlook data files into Office 365 user accounts. One way is to manually perform the migration using the Admin portal and another is to use an automated tool to import PST files directly to Office 365 accounts simultaneously.
Users can import Outlook data into Office 365 in the following ways:
- Migrate to Office 365 using Azure AzCopy
- Migrate Outlook Emails to Office 365 using Drive Shipping
- Use Professional Software
Method 1: Network Upload Using Azure AzCopy
- Download & install Azure AzCopy & then copy the SAS (Shared Access Signature) URL.
- After that, upload files to O365
- Now, create the Mapping CSV file
- After following the above steps create an Import job in Office 365 to easily import Outlook data file
- Now, filter the data & start the PST import process.
Method 2: Drive Shipping Outlook Data File to Office 365
The Microsoft Drive Shipping helps to move Outlook data to O365. By using this technique user can copy these PST files to Hard Disk & then send the respective drive to Microsoft. After this process, Microsoft will then copy the data from the disk drive to the cloud.
Try Automated Solution to Import Outlook Data File into Office 365
Importing Outlook data files to Office 365 is not an easy task. The novice & non-technical users can find the manual procedure. Moreover, improper execution of manual solutions may lead to Office 365 import failure. That is why users are advised to directly use a third-party solution like Outlook to Office 365 Migration Tool.
Elaborate Steps (With Screenshots) to Import Outlook Data File to Office 365 Mailbox
- Download & Launch the Software.
- Check the checkbox of “Is Office 365 Admin”. After that, click the “Login” button.
- Now, click the “Add Folder” button
- Now navigate & select the folder of PST file from the browse window. Click the Open button.
- All the PST files will get enlisted, the user has to provide the email address corresponding to the PST file names. At the same time, the credentials will get validated as shown below:
- The CSV file can also be added within the software, click the “Add CSV” button. Then, click the sample CSV button in order to view the CSV file.
- Now browse & select the required CSV file
- Now click the Next button
- Users can also apply mail filters as per the requirement. Click on the checkbox corresponding to the mails to import only emails. Likewise, you can select other export filters.
- After that user can check the “Attach Outlook PST file”, as it enables the user to create a folder with the PST file name.
- Now, check the “Incremental import” checkbox to enable the user to start the migration process where the earlier migration was kept at a halt.
- The utility will now start to import Outlook data file into Office 365.
- A screen will get displayed showing the completed import process.
- Now, click on the Save report button.
- The final imported data can be viewed in Office 365:
Here, we have discussed simple steps to import Outlook data file into Office 365. By reading this blog, users will come to know how to easily move Outlook 2010 PST data to Office 365. The following steps are discussed in detail to execute this task without any data loss. Users can refer to both manuals as well as automated solutions. If they want to keep away from the limitations, the user can go with the cited software for the migration process.
Frequently Asked Questions
A: Yes, using the Add file(s) / folder option, you can import multiple Outlook files.
A: No, the software doesn’t pose any limitation on the size of the PST file that you need to import
A: Use Office 365 Import Tool to upload multiple archived PST files into Office 365 account mailbox.
A: No, you can only import a single PST file into one account only.