How to Export Dismounted EDB Mailboxes to PDF Document | Best Solution
Summary: This write-up will guide users on how to export dismounted EDB mailboxes to PDF documents. Also, you will know the reason why users want to export Exchange database dismounted to Portable Document Format.
EDB is the abbreviation for Exchange Database, it is the core part of Microsoft Exchange Server which comprises of several mailboxes and data items such as emails, contacts, calendars, task, notes, events, journals, attachments etc. These files are store in-process and non-SMTP messages.
Thus, EDB files become crucial for the proper functioning of the server. But it happens many times when it becomes necessary for users to dismount the Exchange database. If a user wants to create an offline backup of the Exchange mailboxes, then they try to dismount the exchange database to save the data into the hard drive or to fix the server related problems. There are many other reasons due to which Exchange database get dismounted and become dysfunctional.
Problems Due to Which Exchange Mailbox Database is in Disconnected State:
- Power Breakdown
- Hardware issues
- Log file Issues
- Group policy
- Lack of Disk space
- Sudden System crash
- Virus/Malware attacks
- Active Directory Permission issues
- Accidental deletion of registry files
- Interrupted installation and uninstallation of any program
Dismounted mailboxes are retained in the exchange database until the deleted mailbox retention period ends, once the retention period ends, the disconnected mailbox is deleted permanently. So, to cop-up with such situations Exchange Server administrator/user wants to convert the Exchange mailbox database dismounted into Portable Document Format.
Why User Need to Convert EDB to PDF
There are many reasons to convert an offline/mailbox database dismounted Exchange 2013 & any other version to PDF file format:
- The PDF file is a portable and light-weighted format that can easily carry out from one location to another location
- PDF files support all Operating systems such as Windows, Linux, Android, etc. without facing any compatibility issue
- PDF format is a non-changeable format that can provide an option to view and read text-based information without changing data
- The PDF document is capable of handling attachments and for storage and backup purpose
- Since PDF is the most portable file format, so the user can read the emails without requiring any specific system or platform.
- Platform-independent PDF files can easily be accessed on any device
- PDF files have provided user-level security and document level security to users.
Method to Export Dismounted EDB Mailboxes to PDF Document
The Exchange EDB Repair Tool is the professional software that helps the users to export Exchange mailbox database dismounted into PDF file format. The software not only converts healthy EDB mailbox but also capable to export mailboxes from Corrupted, Dismounted EDB Files to Live Exchange Server/Office 365 & various file formats.
The Quick and Advance scan options of scan mode remove corruption from offline/dismounted EDB file and also recovers permanently deleted mailboxes and its items. Users can recovery & repair corrupt Exchange mailbox without any loss of data in a hassle-freeway.
The Exchange granular restore tool allows users to export dismounted EDB mailbox data items: emails, contacts, calendar, notes, journals, tasks, attachments including any user-generated folder data from offline EDB file to PDF document.
Along with portable document format, it also permits to save the Exchange database dismounted mailboxes in multiple formats: PST, EML, MBOX, MSG, PDF, HTML from offline EDB file. Users can easily migrate offline Exchange 2010 database to Exchange 2016 / 2013 mailboxes in a simplified manner.
The utility supports Exchange Server 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and below versions. It can seamlessly convert disconnected mailboxes into individual PDF files without any dependency of Exchange Server and Active Directory.
Salient Features of Professional Software
- Software recovers purged emails from Exchange Offline/Dismounted mailboxes
- Restore EDB mailbox Items: attachment, tasks, calendars, notes, journals, emails, contacts
- Extract data from Public & Private Exchange database file
- Option to remove email encryption (SMIME & OpenPGP) from EDB files in batch
- Provide Date and Time-based Filter option to restore Exchange emails from a specific period of time
- Maintains Folder Hierarchy of Exchange Mailboxes during EDB Recovery
- Provide File naming convention option to save Exchange Server mailboxes to multiple file formats
Step by Step process to Export Exchange Database Dismounted 2016/2013/2010 to PDF File
Follow the steps given below to recover and export mailboxes stored in the Offline/Dismounted EDB file.
Step 1: Download & Run the automated software
Step 2: Click on the Add File button to load the dismounted EDB File.
Step 3: Click on the Select/Search file to add the desired EDB file and choose “Advance San Mode” to recover permanently deleted and highly corrupted Exchange database files.
Step 4: Preview Loaded Exchange database dismounted File and data items > Click on Export
Step 5: Select Disconnected EDB Mailbox > Choose PDF option > Click browse to set destination location > Click on Export Button
Bringing IT All Together
Now, users can easily recover corrupted Exchange database files and export dismounted EDB mailboxes to PDF document with the techniques described in the above section. There is no direct method available to perform the conversion of dismounted Exchange mailbox to PDF file, but one can perform this by using the professional software. With the aid of this tool you can recover and export multiple offline/dismounted Exchange mailbox into O365/Live Exchange Server and various file formats with no data loss and without compromising the integrity of original mailbox data. You can use this tool for Exchange mailbox backup and restore to keep the data safe and secure.