Use Exchange Granular Restore Tool & Convert EDB Files to Other Format
“Hi, my client wants to restore some of the emails from the Microsoft Exchange mailbox but the software we are using will recover complete mailbox which is not required. Restoring all the emails means more storage and more hardware utility will be used. To avoid this situation we are looking for some other solution. Can anybody provide me with other method or tool? Any help will be highly appreciated.”
In this scenario, the only feasible way is to use Exchange Granular Restore Tool. Using this utility you can easily recover specific emails, contacts, calendars, tasks or a particular folder in the Exchange EDB Files. Before moving further, let us understand what is Granularity & Granular Level Recovery?
What Does Granular Recovery Mean?
In simple words, the word Granular means consisting of small particles. As the users want to perform only the specific data transfer process, that’s why this method is named so. In the Microsoft Exchange Server, the entire mailbox is stored in two types of EDB files Pub.edb & Priv.edb whether it is emails, contacts, calendar, etc.
There are many reasons for corruption in these files. Various manual techniques are available but these methods are not going to help the user to restore a particular section. The advanced Exchange Granular Restore Tool is used to rectify those specific levels of corruption in the EDB files. Users can use this tool for Exchange mailbox backup and restore for future purposes.
Some Other Reasons to Use Granular Exchange Restore Utility
- A lengthy manual process that takes a large amount of time
- In a manual way, the complete mailbox will be recovered which requires more space than needed
- Data can be deleted, lost or information can be mismatched
Advantages of Exchange Granular Restore Tool
By using this method, you can get the following benefits:
- Less space and hardware resources will be used to recover large mailboxes
- After the restoration of the data file, you will not get your junk mails
- Short procedure and does not require much time and efforts
- Specific items can be extracted without any hassle
A Perfect Solution: Granular Recovery Tool
- Download & Install Exchange Repair Mailbox utility on your system to recover specific mailbox from the EDB files
- After launching the software, click on “Add File” option to choose the EDB file from your system which you want to repair. The tool will provide two option to add specific emails from Exchange mailbox, and they are:
Select File: Add single EDB file by clicking on the Browse and Select option
Search File: If you use this option, the software searches the EDB file by itself which is already stored on your system.
Note: The Exchange Granular Restore Tool will detect the files from all the drives automatically.
- Decrypt Emails: This option allow users to remove (SMIME/OpenPGP) email encryption from Exchange database mailboxes in bulk
- Scan Mode: This utility also has two different scanning modes (Quick & Advance scan) that easily repair corrupt Exchange mailbox and .edb file.
Quick Mode: If you are sure that your Exchange database file has the little level of corruption, then use this mode
Advance Mode: If your file is highly corrupted, then use this mode of Exchange Granular Restore Tool. We are greatly recommending to use this mode as it will rectify all the technique.
- After doing the above process, click on the right pane of the window to see the folder hierarchy of your inputted EDB files.
- Preview Specific Items: The tool also displays the preview of the restored items like “Inbox, Sent Box, Junk Mail, Sent items” and other such details. If you want to see the meta details such as “From, Subject, To, Sent”, it is also available for you.
- Transfer Single Items File: A dialog box will appear after doing the above process. The recovery of your specific items of different subsections of mailboxes like “Mail, Contacts, Tasks, calendars, Journal. Select the “Export” option of Exchange Granular Restore Tool to transfer data into some other format.
- Option to Export in Different File Format: There are many options available in the software to export the EDB file in different file format. Users can transfer data into PST/ MSG/ PDF/ EML/ HTML/MBOX file. Users can export dismounted EDB mailboxes to PDF and other file formats.
- The Granular Exchange Restore tool also migrates recovered specific items directly into Live Exchange Server 2016 / 2013 / 2010 / 2007 / 2003 mailboxes and Office 365. Using this tool users can easily migrate offline Exchange 2010 database to Exchange 2016 in a simplified manner.
Exchange Granular Restore Tool is used to recover specific items in EDB files. If a user wants to restore some items of the EDB files then use the Exchange EDB Repair Tool which will save your time and hardware resources as well. Users can restore accidentally or intentionally deleted data from Exchange Server.