How to Export Outlook Contacts to Another Computer Safely?
Have you bought a new computer or are using different applications on it for work or personal reasons? If need to access contacts from my previous account in new account on another computer? However, there may be other reasons why you would need to export Outlook contacts to another computer. You must have got many thoughts in your mind and the first thing you need to do is to re-enter the entire contact list in the new account. But thankfully there are very simple and easy ways to get the job done without spending much time.
Here, in this article, we will take you through two different ways to achieve your goal with step by step explained procedures.
Table of Content
How to Export Outlook Contacts to Another Computer? Do it Smartly
The secure way to achieve accurate results is to use the expert recommended software. First, you are required to use the Outlook Contacts to vCard Export Tool. As VCF (vCard) file is a standard virtual business card file that is universally used to transfer contacts from one platform or device to another.
After this, you will have to just transfer this file into new computer. The best thing to use this tool is it can be operated without Outlook application. So, you can use this software to add the Outlook data file and transfer contacts into desired formats.
Moreover, this software is quite useful because it provides even other formats, such as PST, PDF, MSG, Google CSV, Yahoo CSV, HTML and more. So, it is completely up to you to choose any format as required and export data without manipulation. Not just these, but this tool will even take less time to transfer multiple contacts in a single attempt. Hence, we recommend using the application for easy, fast, and accurate results.
Why Take the Help of the Software?
- Transfer multiple contacts in one attempt from Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013 application.
- This tool also scans and loads Outlook data files before transferring them to the desired format. Then, you can simply backup all Outlook contacts to external hard drive to later transfer to another computer.
- Furthermore, it is best to transfer contacts even from corrupted/orphaned/password-protected files.
- Preserves contact details during the process without affecting existing data.
- This application even provides additional filters for filtering the contact list of Microsoft Outlook account.
- Apart from these, this software also provides the preview of all the contacts after adding the file on the dashboard.
Step by Step Guide to Use the Tool on Desktop
1. Download the tool to move the contacts of Outlook account into desired file format and add the required file from the default location.
2. Next, the tool will scan if there is any corruption and load the files in the tool and provide its preview on the interface.
3. After this, select any required file format from the panel and provide a location to save the exported file on PC.
4. At last, hit the Export button and the process will start. After completion of the process, tap OK from the notification message.
A resulting file is created that contains the Outlook contacts with all attributes. Now, to export Outlook contacts to another computer, you need to copy this file to the USB drive. Then to transfer this file to another computer, connect the USB drive to it and copy and paste the file to any location. Or you can even share this contact file with another computer by sending it as an email attachment to use it later.
Voila! The process to export Outlook address book to another computer has been accomplished. Other than this, there is a manual way too to finish the task. Here, in the later section of the article, we have provided you with steps to do it manually. There are a few limitations to this manual method. Let’s understand how to perform this manual approach.
Manually Export Outlook Address Book to Another Computer
1: Run MS Outlook application on PC >> File >> Open & Export.
2: Now, choose Import/Export >> Export to a File >> Next.
3: Then, choose CSV format >> Next & choose contacts folder >> Next.
4: In this steps, Browse a location to save & store the file >> OK.
5: Now, map custom fields and click on Finish to export Outlook Contacts to another computer.
A separate file has been created. Once you got the file, copy and paste this file into USB drive and attach this file to new computer. Now, to transfer this to new or another computer, perform these steps:
6: In this step, launch the second Outlook account in new computer and click on File >> Open & Export.
7: Thereafter, click on Import/Export and choose “Import from another program or file“>> Next.
9: Here, select Comma Separated Values >> Next.
10: Now, browse the contact file that you have exported above in step 5.
11: Then, select if you want duplicate contacts and click on Next.
12: Thereafter, select the folder to import the file into and map the custom field.
Done! The file has been successfully exported from one account to another computer. You will surely achieve the best results if you follow the above methods step-by-step.
Drawbacks of Manual Method to Perform this Task
- The manual work required while exporting and importing contacts from Outlook to another computer is quite complicated. In short, any Vice user will not find it difficult to export Outlook contacts to another computer.
- Also, the entire manual process is quite lengthy consisting of multiple steps, in short, it is going to take a long time to complete.
- Apart from these, the manual method only provides you CSV or PST option to export. So, if you are planning to transfer different applications to another computer then this method is not feasible. On the other hand, the software provides various formats which can be later imported into any other supported email client in the new computer.
So, to overcome these limitations of manual approach, it is better to stick to automated method.
Conclusion of the Article
Now, it’s time to end the article where you learned how to export Outlook contacts to another computer. To accomplish this task, we have shared all possible solutions to help you. So, either you can use the manual approach or just go for the expert recommended solution, the choice is yours. However, we would still recommend choosing the automated software because of its advantages. And even it helps to transfer contacts on Windows OS in a smooth manner.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q- How many files can be exported at a time?
Answer- You can transfer as many files as you want. There is no limit on the number of files and the size of the files.
Q- Can I transfer corrupted files while using the tool?
Answer- Yes, you can also transfer contacts from corrupted files without any data interruption. The software mentioned above also exports orphaned and password protected files and is helpful in exporting Outlook contacts to another computer.
Q- I am currently using Windows 11, is it possible to operate this tool on Windows 11?
Answer- Yes, it is quite a convenient software for all Windows operating systems, so you can operate it on Windows 11, 10, 8, 7 and lower versions.