Export Gmail to PST – Apply the Manual or Automated Approach
“My manager assigned me a task to export Gmail to PST file format. I tried some methods but nothing worked. I am not able to figure out what to do. I need to complete this task as soon as possible. Please suggest me an instant and reliable way to export this data to PST file format.”
Are you also facing a similar kind of issue? Need to export messages from Gmail account to a different file format? Do not panic, you are landed on the correct page.
The right methods to export emails from Gmail to PST will be explained here.
But, why do you want to perform this type of conversion? Why not save data on the cloud?
Well, despite the fact that the cloud provides various benefits to the user such as universal accessibility, this can also become a disadvantage.
The accessibility also allows hackers to attack a user’s account which can compromise sensitive information.
That is why certain users prefer saving their data on the desktop. The best backup application is Microsoft Outlook, hence, transferring data to the PST format is preferable in this situation.
In this blog, we are going to explain both manual and automated solutions using which the user can easily perform the migration steps.
Export Gmail to PST File – Manual Approach
The manual method is divided into two steps to convert Gmail MBOX email files. First, the user has to download a copy of their emails in MBOX file format on the system. After that, the user can easily export the messages to PST.
Step 1: Download Emails in MBOX Format
1. First, open the browser and log in to your Gmail account using credentials on your system.
2. Now, in the other tab of the browser, open Google Takeout:
3. After that, Download your Data page will be opened. Select the Mail option to export emails from Gmail to PST in the Select Data to Include option.
4. Click on the Next button and select the file type as per your requirements in which you want to download Gmail emails in File Type option. You can select ZIP or TGZ.
5. Now, in the Delivery Method option, you have to select Send download via email option.
6. You will receive a link in your Inbox via an email from where you can download the Gmail emails.
7. Click on the Create Archive button. A new page will open, click on the Download button to download Gmail email to MBOX.
Note: After exporting data, the user will be able to download the emails in MBOX file format on his/her system. Now, use MBOX to PST converter to proceed further.
Step 2: Export Gmail Emails to PST File Format
1. First, open MS Outlook and then go to File menu.
2. Now, click on Import and Export option.
3. After that, Import and Export Wizard will be opened.
4. Click on the Import from another program or file option and then click on the Next button.
5. Now, click on the Personal Folder File (.pst) option and hit Next.
6. Click on the Browse option and provide the location where MBOX emails are stored and then click on the Next button. Finally, click on the Finish button.
Note: To Export Email to PST format without any export/import procedure then use Direct Method below.
Direct Method to Export Emails from Gmail to PST File Format
The user can also use the direct method for exporting mail into the PST file format. By using a third party application user can easily save Google account data.
Gmail Backup Tool is one of the best software as it generates the complete backup file and stores the data without taking much time. Henceforth, here are some listed benefits that are offered by this application. So, let’s have a look:
Highlighted Features of the Software
- Export Emails, Contacts, Calendars, & Documents from Gmail profile
- Permission to export Gmail to PST for an individual account
- Provides the option to resume interrupted export to save time
- Maintains complete Gmail account data download history
- Supports Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 or below versions
Export Emails to PST File in a Few Easy Steps
Follow the steps mentioned below to export PST format.
Step 1: Download & Run the tool to migrate the data. Login to Gmail account.
Step 2: Now, select the PST file format and click on the “Browse” button to browse the final destination.
Step 3: Then, you can see the Selected File as displayed in the text box.
Step 4: Apply customized filters by hitting on the “Apply Filters” button.
Choose the “Incremental Backup” option to export the data which was not downloaded in previous process.
Step 5: Then, Click on the Start button.
Step 6: Now, the software will Start the process to export emails from Gmail to PST.
Step 7: After this, the process will be Completed Successfully.
Step 8: Here, you can View Final Converted files at the destination location, as shown below.
Step 9: In final step, Import the file to view emails.
Alternative Approach to Export Gmail to PST File Format
The user can opt for a smart and reliable solution that is MBOX to PST Converter. With the help of this utility, the user can export data without any hassle.
The user-friendly interface of the software makes it easy for the users to work with it. Moreover, no technical expertise is required to operate and work with the software.
There are numerous features associated with the tool, some of them are explained below:
- Permits the users to preview emails along with attachments before conversion
- Export emails from Gmail to PST format without any data loss
- Compatible with Window 10/8.1/8/7 and all the below versions
- Outlook installation is not required to move MBOX emails
The user has to follow the steps in the below-mentioned section without any data loss.
- First, download and install the software on your system and launch it.
- Now, select the Add File option to add the emails.
- In the Selection Option, choose Default profile configuration or Select file(s)/folder from file system option as per your requirements to export emails from Gmail to PST.
- After selecting the desired option, the software will load all the emails in the preview window.
- Click on the Export option and select Export All Folders or Export Selected Folders according to your requirements.
- Now, select the file type in which you want to export the Gmail emails.
- Select the location to save the converted Gmail emails and then click on the Export button to begin the process.
- After the completion of the export process, all the emails will be converted into the PST file format.
Finally, Problem Resolved!
The users can easily export Gmail to PST file format by implementing the methods explained in the above section. Both manual and automated methods are discussed in this blog. However, it is also advised to opt for a smart and instant solution to eliminate all the data loss issues during the process to export the messages.
Frequently Asked Questions
Use backup wizard for a fast migration of Gmail data.
5 Simple steps to Export emails to PST are:
Step 1: Install the backup tool
Step 2: Enter Gmail Account credentials
Step 3: Select the Export type as PST
Step 4: Apply Filter options to migrate selective emails
Step 5: Click the Export button to begin the process
Yes, using the tool, you can migrate/export Gmail emails without any file size restriction
The amount of time required in exporting emails is totally depended upon the size of Gmail data & Internet speed
No, this tool is available for free Gmail account (firstname.lastname@example.org) for business Gmail use Google Apps Backup.