How to Export Outlook Contacts to Gmail in a Trouble-Free Way
Microsoft Outlook is a desktop-based email application which is widely used among people personally and in corporate world. On the other hand Gmail is a web-based email application which can be accessed anywhere including your phone. People who use Outlook regularly, it is important for them to backup their contacts in other email application. This is where we bring in Gmail. The user can export Outlook contacts to Gmail in order to maintain backup. In this article we will understand how to copy contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail without any hassle.
Let us understand the topic with the help of query:
Reason to Export Outlook Contacts to Gmail
The main reason to transfer Outlook contacts to Gmail is that the latter is a web based email application which can be easily accessible from anywhere but you should have a working internet connection. Let’s move forward to various techniques to import Outlook PST contacts to Gmail.
Manual Method to Export Contacts from Outlook to Gmail
The manual technique is a two way procedure to transfer Outlook contacts to Gmail. One is through export followed by another import procedure.
Method: Export PST contact to CSV file format
This manual method to Export Outlook Contacts to Gmail aims at moving PST to CSV file format. The steps are:
- To begin with, Open MS Outlook on the system and go for File option
- Thereafter, from file menu, select Options
- After that from the Outlook option box, select Advanced option
- Move to the Export section and choose the Export option
- From the Import and Export Wizard, select Export to a file option and Click Next
- In Create a file of type, select the file of type which user wants to export like Comma Separated Values also known as .csv. After that click on Next button
- Choose Contacts folder by scrolling up in the select folder to export from option and then click on Next button
- To choose the destination folder, click on Browse button and navigate to the location of the file
- After that Click on OK followed by Next Option in the Export to a file dialog box
- Lastly, click on Finish to migrate contacts from PST to CSV file
- Select OK to exit after exporting is finished. Go the next step to Export Outlook Contacts to Gmail
Method: Import CSV to Gmail
In order to import PST to Gmail contact, the resultant CSV file has to be imported from the above steps. Further importing CSV to Gmail file steps are:
- To begin with, Gmail account to be opened in the system
- Then, in the top left corner of Gmail Window, click on the Gmail
- Afterwards, click on Contact option
- Thereafter in the Contacts Window, in the bottom right corner click on More option
- After that click on Import followed by CSV option from the More menu
- Now, select the Go to old contacts option
- Then, click on More option
- Afterwards click on Import option from More menu
- To Browse the location of CSV file where the user has stored previously, click on Choose file option
- Lastly, to begin importing process, click on Import option. After completion of importing process, a message will be displayed. Click OK and Exit Tab
An Alternate Method to Export Outlook Contacts to Gmail
An alternate method to import Outlook contacts to Gmail is through automated tool i.e. Outlook PST to VCF Converter. The features of this tool includes that it converts PST file that includes emails, contacts, calendars and task notes. This utility also supports conversion of PST to MSG, PST EML, PST to PDF, etc. It gives support to corrupted and password protected file. It previews Outlook containing mail, calendar, contacts, tasks, notes and journals. There is no file size limitation on size of PST files. It converts both ANSI and UNICODE files.
Steps to Convert Outlook PST Contacts to vCard for Gmail are;
1. Install and Launch the software on the local machine.
2. After that, click on the Add File button to add PST file in Outlook.
3. The software display all data items stored in PST file. Go to Contacts tab from left panel and click Export.
4. Here, you need to choose vCard radio button.
5. Click on the Browse button to choose the desired destination location to store output.
6. Click on the Export button and start the conversion.
As the process completed successfully, click on the OK button. Then, you can go to the destination location and click on the individual contacts to open it.
These days users in order to backup their data import PST contacts to Gmail. It is a good thing as Gmail is a reliable source of web-based email application. There are two methods to export Outlook contacts to Gmail discussed in this article one is manual and other one is with the help of tool. It is up to the user to decide which tool to go for.