In today’s technology-oriented era, Outlook email client is used by numerous organizations for communication and email management purposes. Outlook is a personal information manager that manages emails, contacts, calendar, tasks etc. in an efficient way. It stores all the data in OST and PST file format. However, OST is an Offline Storage Table which serves as a replica of the Exchange Server. The OST files are created when the MS Outlook is configured with the Exchange Server. These files also permit the user to work with Outlook client when cached Exchange mode is enabled. Sometimes, while working with OST files, the users face various issues. One of the most frequently occurring errors faced by Outlook users is ‘Cannot Open Outlook 2013 When Offline’. Therefore, in this blog, we are going to introduce different ways to fix ‘Cannot Open Outlook when Offline’ error.
Possible Cause: The ‘Cannot Open Outlook 2013 when Offline’ error mostly occurs when the OST file is corrupt. When the user tries to access the OST file the error denies the access.
Reasons Behind the Corruption of OST File: There can be several reasons due to which OST get corrupts and become inaccessible. It is important to know the actual cause behind the corruption of OST file. This will help the user to eliminate the error and prevent it in future. Some of the reasons are explained below:
After knowing the possible reasons that can lead to ‘Cannot Open Outlook 2013 when Offline’ error, the user can apply the methods given below to resolve the error.
1. First, go to the File menu and then click the Open button. Then click the Import option and then select the Import/ Export option
2. Now, Import/ Export Wizard will open. Here, you have to select Import from another program or file and click on Next button
3. After that, select Outlook data file (.pst) option and then click on the Next button
4. Click on Browse button and locate the PST file which you want to export
5. Now, select the Do not import duplicates option from the Options and then click on Next button
6. Select the folder which you need to transfer and then click the Next button
7. Finally, click the Finish button
Note: If the user is using Microsoft Outlook 2007 or the previous version, then he/ she can run the inbuilt ScanOST.exe utility.
1. First, you have to click on scanost.exe to run the utility
2. Now, the utility will ask you to select the profile
3. Select the profile as per your needs that contains the damaged OST file
4. To work offline click on Connect option
5. After that, choose the appropriate option according to your needs
6. To fix the error, click on Repair error checkbox
7. Finally, click on Begin Scan option
There are some drawbacks associated with the ScanOST utility. This utility can only fix minor corruption in OST files. It fails to resolve major corruption in the OST files. Moreover, the risk of data loss is also linked to it, therefore it is recommended to backup OST file before running the ScanOST.exe utility.
If the user is not able to resolve ‘Cannot Open Outlook when Offline’ error by implementing the above-mentioned methods. Then it is recommended to convert OST file into PST using an automated and reliable solution that is PCVITA OST to PST Converter. With this utility, the user will be able to convert OST data including emails, calendars, contacts, tasks etc. in PST file format. Moreover, the software is designed with a user-friendly interface which makes it easy for the users to work with the software. The software is compatible with MS Outlook 2016/ 2013/ 2010 and all the below versions. There are numerous features associated with the utility some of them are:
Outlook is a reliable and efficient email client used by the various users around the world. Sometimes, users face issues while working with Outlook. In this blog, we have discussed different methods to eliminate ‘Cannot Open Outlook When Offline’ error. The user can implement any of the above-explained methods to fix the issue. However, it is always recommended to select a trustworthy and smart utility to avoid data loss issue.