How Do I Convert BMP to PDF? Here Are a Bunch of Simple Tricks
How do I convert BMP to PDF? What is the need to have a PDF file? Which method allows bulk conversion in a few minutes only?
BMP is the short for Bitmap and this file consists of uncompressed images. Both the monochromatic and colored data is supported in this file.
Due to this, the format is seen as an ideal way to store several digital pictures. You can open or create a BMP file on the Windows OS platforms as well as Mac OS machines with the Apple Preview feature.
However, there comes a situation wherein you might want to convert BMP to PDF so that you can open it on various computers, devices, and sent it to any email client from any email client.
Now, why is there a need for a PDF file? For the following reasons:
- It is universally accessible & is supported by almost every email service.
- Can be protected with a password or restrictions can be applied.
- Easy to view on any device; PC, mobile, tablet.
- The only format acceptable in court and legal matters.
- Used for presentations.
Towards the methods for the same.
How Do I Convert BMP to PDF For Free? Manual Methods
Manually, there are two methods that you can apply for exporting your images. First one is by using the Adobe Acrobat application if you already have a paid account on it.
The second manual method is by using Microsoft Word which is a rather quick way to export images but only one-by-one.
Free methods are usually not as successful which is why they are free.
To effectively convert your pictures, you can use the Image to PDF Converter explained in the latter section to perform export in bulk & keep up with the image quality.
Manual Method 1 – Convert BMP to PDF Using Adobe Acrobat
If you do not have a paid account, get one first and then start with the procedure. Or, if there is only one image that needs to be converted, you can use the free version and export your image as trial.
- Launch Adobe Acrobat and navigate to the Tools section.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the Create PDF option.
- Click on the Single File option and go to the Select a File from the options list.
- Add the BMP file to learn how do I convert BMP to PDF.
- Press the Create button to convert the selected files.
- Lastly, choose the desired location for the end files.
Let’s find out about the second manual method.
Manual Method 2 – Executing Conversion With the Help of Microsoft Word
For this method, you have to follow the given points:
1. Open Word and go to the File menu.
2. Click on the Open button and select the BMP image.
3. Choose the File option and select the Export button.
4. From there, choose the Create PDF/XPS option to convert BMP to PDF.
5. Set the location where the file is to be stored at.
6. You can avoid including some info from the image by clicking on the Options list.
7. Choose the Documents option and unmark the checkboxes beside the properties that are not required.
8. Press the Publish button to complete the conversion.
Seems like an easy procedure, right? There are a few limitations of both the methods that are explained in the section below. Take a look at these drawbacks.
Limitations of Learning How Do I Convert BMP to PDF Manually
- Manually, it is hard to convert multiple images altogether while keeping the quality of the image intact.
- There is no guarantee that the content inside the image will be converted correctly or not.
- The images could get damaged if multiple files are added as the algorithms of Adobe Acrobat might not be able to handle the conversion.
- Takes up a lot more time and effort of the user than required.
- Becomes confusing if images are to be converted in bulk.
Alternative to the Manual Methods for Converting Files in Bulk
As mentioned above, you can convert BMP to PDF with the help of an amazingly designed tool which is capable of exporting multiple files without losing the quality.
You just have to follow these simple steps:
1. Run the software and go to the Add File(s) or Add Folder(s) Insert the files however you want and change the order if not added correctly.
2. Then, choose the destination location for the end results as per your desired by clicking on the Change button.
3. Start the process to know how do I convert BMP to PDF by selecting the PDF format in Export Format segment and choose to create a single PDF for each or all images.
4. Apply passwords and restrictions by choosing the Add User Password and Add Restrictions radio buttons.
5. Now, change the Margin size, the Paper Orientation, and the Page Size in the Page Layout Settings section.
6. Last step is to click on the Convert button to end the process.
The process will be completed within minutes.
Hearing the Last Say
Those who have asked queries like how do I convert BMP to PDF or similar queries can get their answers here. This is a simple step-guide for those who are not inclined towards the technical arena.
Choose the method that is best-suited for your situation from all the explained ones. If you require a smart and quick method for bulk transfer of images, the software is a recommendation even by the experts.